Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-12
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
dmcgirl
AF Premium User

Angry charred remains

I hope I never have to see anything like this again. The last of it, rolling chassis, just got picked up from our house and I am so happy to not have to look at it anymore. This DeLorean was talked about on the DML awhile back. A young guy was the owner and he came home to see his D burned to the ground. An act of vandalism and he ended up getting screwed because the insurance company said it was fraud.
Our friend bought it right up so he can make use of the frame. almost everything else was a waste. we saved the skeleton of the binnacle and seats and all the panels are in our backyard. they are extremely fucked up but we'll use them for something. I want to practice dent removal and Eric wants to master welding stainless. I already polished part of a door to see what it looks like. we kept the pontoon too, just because we couldn't see it get thrown away. we have a lot of crap in our backyard. garbage to some people but not to us.

i am not sure if other pics were posted so sorry if i brought it up again.
that was a PERFECT DeLorean. low miles, perfect interior, flawless panels. what a waste. makes me so mad/sad. i saved all the melted drops of stainless i found.

edit....i just saw DMC12s post from back in Jan. with pics of this. at least in the last one you can see how we "cleaned" it a little and seperated the front section of pontoon from the frame. the pontoon was almost completely split because of the fire, we only had to cut a little.

Honestly Officer, I haven't been drinking. I'm just swerving to avoid the potholes.
dmcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

It is pretty sad. It reminds me of when I found four Subaru 360s that vandals had beaten the hell out of with baseball bats. So stupid. It's not jealousy, I believe, but rather an "instinct" of some people to hate what isn't "normal" by their own standards.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #3
R/T
AF Newbie

There is a book about the Lamborghini factory... all the never-to-be-seen-again prototypes that they built (about, what, 30?) are all laying there, rusting the factories backyard. However, they leave the windows down, and put out cat food, and the cats sleep in the torn leathers seats of prototype Jalpas and Espadas. I think it's kind of nice of them, as anything else, and the cars go to waste. It's kind of sad to see a destroyed car, but it happens. The cats will come out, and appeciate it for you, though.
Attached Images
File Type: gif coronet.gif (8.8 KB, 1930 views)
R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
dmcgirl
AF Premium User

Re: charred remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
It's not jealousy, I believe, but rather an "instinct" of some people to hate what isn't "normal" by their own standards.
I completely agree with you. not car related but there is a guy by me that builds these HUGE snow sculptures and a few years back a bunch of kids demolished them. the guy didn't do it for profit, it was on a busy street and everyone enjoyed seeing them. i hope those kids feel bad when they are older.

as for the Lambo's, that is very sad. those hand made beauties should not have been neglected. good for the kitties though. the remaining door panels for the burned dmc are covered by a tarp in our backyard and their is a tom cat living under it. =) i keep him fed and i assume he keeps the mice away.
if there was a prototype Miura in the factory backyard.....i would swim the ocean to save it.

Honestly Officer, I haven't been drinking. I'm just swerving to avoid the potholes.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
What an awful way for a D to meet its demise. That owner should take his insurance company to court to make sure they pay whats coming to him.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 10-14-2003, 07:51 PM   #6
speedshifter
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to speedshifter
Re: Re: charred remains

I know what you mean dmcgirl. I live in the NW burbs and there is a guy in Arlington Heights that always builds these crazy huge snow sculptures that astonish me.

Thats sad to hear about the burnt D
Bikewiz@comcast.net
speedshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:26 PM   #7
dmcgirl
AF Premium User

Hey, you live right by me! I'm in Arlington Hts. I hope he builds more this winter.