Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
AnchorJoe
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to AnchorJoe
Silverado 2500HD Front Suspension bumps

Hey Everyone. I just recently did some work on the front end of my 2001 Silverado 2500HD (Replaced hub bearing assy, rotor and pads), and while working on the front end happen to notice something I need some guidance on. I happen to notice the bump stops are basically crushed as if the vehicle just sits on them all the time. Would it be worth it to replace these and would they just get crushed again, and further, should I adjust the torsion bars a bit to lift the front end up off of these?

I don't want obtain any huge lifts, just want to get off the bumps and maybe improve the ride a little bit in the process. I also did have a bad hub bearing on the drivers side and after seeing this bump stop wondering if that might be why.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AnchorJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Silverado 2500HD Front Suspension bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorJoe View Post
Hey Everyone. I just recently did some work on the front end of my 2001 Silverado 2500HD (Replaced hub bearing assy, rotor and pads), and while working on the front end happen to notice something I need some guidance on. I happen to notice the bump stops are basically crushed as if the vehicle just sits on them all the time. Would it be worth it to replace these and would they just get crushed again, and further, should I adjust the torsion bars a bit to lift the front end up off of these?

I don't want obtain any huge lifts, just want to get off the bumps and maybe improve the ride a little bit in the process. I also did have a bad hub bearing on the drivers side and after seeing this bump stop wondering if that might be why.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
FUNNY YOU POST THIS TODAY .. 2 days ago I was doing my oil change/ fluid checks and these jounce bumpers/bumper stops/ control arm bumper stops etc.. on my vehicle did not get crushed but got eaten by Ozone. they basically crumbled into small pieces then fell out. I still have some put away. from what I found these are at the dealership. dorman may make one for your vehicle.

on the lifting of your 2500 torsion bars ..these need be lifted so the CV joints have no angle and they are straight. this may require you lift the front end 1 INCH or so..

to do this you mark the stud head adjuster then you lift the front end off the ground slightly. turn each stud 1 turn then drop vehicle and make it bounce see how the lift looks. My guess is about 2.5 turns to get it good.. move each stud adjusting the same that is why you mark it ..

the torsion bars do twist slightly this is where this need be done @the 10K mile mark. then a front end alignment check. If the torsion bars did twist a bit over the many miles with no alignment the front tires may be worn more on the inner tire tread shoulder ....

I adjusted my bars 140K miles ago still same height.
GM calls this the Z adjustment .
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado