Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
UnReality
AF Newbie

New and with questions

Hey all DJ Stu here, I'm completly new to this place and to tuning. after much searching and researching, I'm coming to the conclusion that an Accent isn't the most tune-able car I could have got. I've read a bunch of the threads here, and realize that what I'm about to ask can bring about some very... opiniated convos. But here goes. I own an 'O2 GSI and it's completly gutless. Very touchy, which is good, but it has trouble making it to 200 K/ph on a straight Canadian highway. I'm having trouble passing logging trucks here. I'm considering an engine swap, the grand scheme is to swap the engine, upgrade engine mounts and headers, put in the obvious cold air filter, then turbo and intercool it, if coin allows, add the standard NOS [I realize that even before this, cams and pistons will need to be upgraded] add a body kit [of which there are bloody few for the Accent! I've found three on the net!] ram air hood, a decent wing on back, and call it decent. What engine will fit with general ease? I'm hearing the terms "Beta" and "Accord" as well as the occasional "Tiburon" added in. What's A) fastest B)smartest C) easiest D)best combination?

and who here thinks I'm nuts?

Thanks for any and all info!
UnReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
inatalonIXLR8
AF Regular

Re: New and with questions

For the kind of money you're talking about, you should consider a different car alltogether. Accents are ecconomy vehicles. If you start making major power then other inferior parts will start to break. Probably not what you wanted to hear.
2.4L4G64 6bolt JE8.5EagleTorqueplatedFully ballanced-balanceshaftARP Ferrea1mm 1Ghead ported/polished HKS264/272 fidanzagears turbonetics copy polished GT3076R VbandTial38mm cometic prothane mounts SARD850 stage4 Compclutch+flywheel 3"exh Walbro255 rewired Innovate wideband O2 ForgeBOV Autronic standalone innovative wideband[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talonandhelicopter5as.jpg]
inatalonIXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #3
UnReality
AF Newbie

Re: Re: New and with questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatalonIXLR8
For the kind of money you're talking about, you should consider a different car alltogether. Accents are ecconomy vehicles. If you start making major power then other inferior parts will start to break. Probably not what you wanted to hear.
Any info is good info. It makes sense, and I was thinking about redirecting the funds to more suit my wants. I want to go fast, but, hey, for my money, it's more show than go. I'll probably just funnel the funds into sound and visuals, with a few basic engine modificatons. With that in mind, any one have pointers on body kits? Is there only the three I've seen generally available?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
inatalonIXLR8
AF Regular

You could buy stock replacements that you could modify and add on to with fiberglass. You could really have something different and you could use a combination of ideas from other kits. Then if it doesn't end up working out you still have the originals that you should also put back on for the winter.
2.4L4G64 6bolt JE8.5EagleTorqueplatedFully ballanced-balanceshaftARP Ferrea1mm 1Ghead ported/polished HKS264/272 fidanzagears turbonetics copy polished GT3076R VbandTial38mm cometic prothane mounts SARD850 stage4 Compclutch+flywheel 3"exh Walbro255 rewired Innovate wideband O2 ForgeBOV Autronic standalone innovative wideband[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talonandhelicopter5as.jpg]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
UnReality
AF Newbie

Re: Re: New and with questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatalonIXLR8
You could buy stock replacements that you could modify and add on to with fiberglass. You could really have something different and you could use a combination of ideas from other kits. Then if it doesn't end up working out you still have the originals that you should also put back on for the winter.
I'm going to get all the panelling from an auto wrecker, and for some I'm going to do just that, but for the door panels and dash I'm going to cut out the middle so I just have a frame, then fiberglass new ones from there. I am a little cautious about creating a body kit from scratch, mostly b/c I'm not sure if I could get it to be symmetrical, or how to do a full on kit. Any tips or web sites would be awesome. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
inatalonIXLR8
AF Regular

The front and back bumpers are composed of polyurethane I believe. If you found a kit(it would have to be polyuretane as well, not fiberglass) that was about the same width I think a body shop can connect the two together, cutting the bottom off your stock bumper, also cutting off a portion of the kit and welding the two together. I've had a section about six inches long welded on my front bumper and you can't even see where it cracked.

There are a ton of kits for Civics that I'm sure would be pretty close.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna