Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
mikeynatl
AF Newbie

Element Driver Seat movement

The drivers seat in my two year old Element moves everytime I accelerate or apply the brakes, so basically, all the time. It is a slight movement like the seat is snapping into place. I have taken it to my dealer several times and they claim this is the way the seats are made in the Element and there is no way to stop this. It is extremely annoying. The dealer claims they fix the seats according to Honda corp specs and if I do not like it, I should contact Honda Corp which I have. I am waiting on a return call.

Any other Element owners experiencing this situation? I cannot believe this is the way these seats are made. I have never experienced this in any other type of car that I have driven. The service manager himself told me it would drive him crazy to have a seat do that, but it is nothing he can do about it?

Any suggestions?
mikeynatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
oldcrow
AF Newbie

Re: Element Driver Seat movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynatl
The drivers seat in my two year old Element moves everytime I accelerate or apply the brakes, so basically, all the time. It is a slight movement like the seat is snapping into place. I have taken it to my dealer several times and they claim this is the way the seats are made in the Element and there is no way to stop this. It is extremely annoying. The dealer claims they fix the seats according to Honda corp specs and if I do not like it, I should contact Honda Corp which I have. I am waiting on a return call.

Any other Element owners experiencing this situation? I cannot believe this is the way these seats are made. I have never experienced this in any other type of car that I have driven. The service manager himself told me it would drive him crazy to have a seat do that, but it is nothing he can do about it?

Any suggestions?
Sounds like you have a legitimate beef and the dealer is giving you the stall in the hope that you and your problem go away. If Honda is like most other car companys, they have a regional service rep who visits the dealers in his area on a regular basis. Request a meeting (either through your dealer or Honda corporate or both). Over the years I have had to do this a few times with Dodge and GM dealers in order to get them off their dead ass and fix my car properly. 'The squeaky wheel gets the oil' is the general rule in dealing with service departments. Going over their head to corporate and being a persistent pain in the ass will almost always pay off.
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
lorunner
AF Enthusiast

Re: Element Driver Seat movement

S/B 03-032 is about the seat rocking which sounds like what you have. The bushings in the adjusters are worn and they need to be replaced. We found it doesn't help and we usually just replace the seat tracks.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element