Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
j cAT
AF Fanatic

GM dumps AC-DELCO???

Looks like the auto giant is on a diet.. It's looking to dump another division to get the needed capital to continue to exist....

This company is certain to die in the not to distant future...My problem is what do GM vehicle owners do, when all the parts are aftermarket ???

Before you purchase a new GM vehicle you must consider these potential issues..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: GM dumps AC-DELCO???

It's just another typical "corporate decision" to try and save money and help their bottom line by outsourcing. I've read where their filters, once rated one of the best, are now one of the worst, because they are no longer made by GM, and has forced to me to seriously consider using a different brand.
http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar...ers/index.html
Page where A C Delco filters are discussed:
http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar.../opinions.html
Comment about A C Delcos from that page:
"Filters To Avoid

The following list of filters have known problems. You will see well-known names here and will probably be disappointed. This is because many of these brands have stopped making their own filters and buy from a common manufacturer.

AC Delco Duraguard

AC Delco no longer seems to manufacture oil filters. They are now made by Champion Labs using their new "Ecore" design. See that section below for the details."

It is interesting to note that the A C Delcos are now made by Champion Labs, which also happen to produce some of the highest rated filters. The only difference being the different manufacturing process used that distinguishes the best from the worst .

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner
It's just another typical "corporate decision" to try and save money and help their bottom line by outsourcing. I've read where their filters, once rated one of the best, are now one of the worst, because they are no longer made by GM, and has forced to me to seriously consider using a different brand.
http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar...ers/index.html
Page where A C Delco filters are discussed:
http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar.../opinions.html
Comment about A C Delcos from that page:
"Filters To Avoid

The following list of filters have known problems. You will see well-known names here and will probably be disappointed. This is because many of these brands have stopped making their own filters and buy from a common manufacturer.

AC Delco Duraguard

AC Delco no longer seems to manufacture oil filters. They are now made by Champion Labs using their new "Ecore" design. See that section below for the details."

It is interesting to note that the A C Delcos are now made by Champion Labs, which also happen to produce some of the highest rated filters. The only difference being the different manufacturing process used that distinguishes the best from the worst .

so this will be as I thought ...a bad situation for GM vehicle owners looking to keep their vehicles in top running condition..aftermarket uncertainties..

The oil filter a few years back I noticed was changed and this is when I went to purolator pure 1....the internals are simular to the old AC-DELCO filter quality..
Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
66chevelle
AF Newbie

No automotive company makes it's own filters. Why would they? Wix makes a filter good enough for me now. GM is starving for cash, that's why they are selling everything. Hopefully they will turn around the corner soon. The car buying public has no idea what might happen if they continue to buy vehicles originating outside the US.
66chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66chevelle
No automotive company makes it's own filters. Why would they? Wix makes a filter good enough for me now. GM is starving for cash, that's why they are selling everything. Hopefully they will turn around the corner soon. The car buying public has no idea what might happen if they continue to buy vehicles originating outside the US.

next week GM is not going to be making anything never mind oil filters...they should have shut down all the large low MPG vehicle lines and also reduced the other production lines...now they are out of money ....looks like this is the week ...

ac/delco has no takers,,,,too bad back in the old days they made a solid quality vehicle with a good reputation for standing behind their product ...this is a good example to other companies...when you screw the consumer too much your profits are going down the tubes...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk