Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 07:50 AM   #16
crayzayjay
CFA

Talking of snow, i had a bit of a "moment" two nights ago... i went around the sharp right-hand bend to get into my street, being careful cos of the snow, but i must have gone over some ice, which makes the back of my car start to step out, i start steering against the slide and putting some power on, but to no use... im pretty much shitting myself here, as my car keeps sliding, sliding, sliding towards... a lamp post... and slightly ahead of the lamp post, on the pavement, nose out, are an Alfa 156 and E46 320. The pavement isnt above the road because this is where people park their cars, so the road kinda goes up gently onto the pavement, paving a nice way for me to crash into those two lovely cars.... So here i am, sliding towards the post, which is going to hit the back of the side of my car and throw the front of my car into these two parked cars.... this isnt happening so fast so i had enough time to imagine the damage :hehehe: ... im looking back out of my rear window and i see the back of my car about to make contact with the lamp post... *THUMP*... i must have closed my eyes... the back of my car touches and stops, but the front of my car starts coming back in line, slides up the mini ramp to get onto the pavement and stops just short of the Alfa... phew! I get out of my car to inspect the damage and find that the back of my car stopped because there is a tiny ledge on the pavement which the lamp post is on, which thankfully hit my rear wheel and stopped my car... This ledge is about 30cm long, and next to it is the ramp to get into these peoples' pavement / driveway.... think about the odds! the ledge was so tiny and somehow the rear wheel seemed to find it! :hehe: now thats what i call a close call!!! ringing on these peoples' door at 2am to say, "hi, i live down the road.. and.. umm... i just crashed into your car!" hehe, thankfully i didnt have to do that.. someone up there must really like me !
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:00 AM   #17
crayzayjay
CFA

anyway, back to the Proton haha, its pretty funny i bought a mag yesterday and saw something about it for the first time in i dont know how many years

this magazine (autocar) says that it thinks the Satria GTi is better than the 206GTi!
Old 02-02-2003, 10:39 AM   #18
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

You were honnest, that's good !

Better than the 206 GTi (S16 here) !!! .... they are really stupid and don't know what they're speaking about. It's maybe a little bit more expensive, but that's all.

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #19
crayzayjay
CFA

Well, they said the engine wasnt superb but the Lotus-tuned chassis was really very good so.... maybe they do have a point, i dont know cos i havent driven one, or a 206 GTi either...
Old 02-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #20
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Indeed, the engine is not noble enough. The 206 RC (180hp) is better.
I've the same engine (2.0e 137hp) on the Coupé 406 and it's a good one but doesn't worth compared to the 2.2, the HDI or the V6.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #21
crayzayjay
CFA

I meant that they said the Proton's engine isnt good enough but its Lotus chassis is better than the Peugeot.. I personally wouldnt know..

but i do agree that 137bhp wasnt enough for the 206GTi so im glad 180bhp is or already has come out?
Old 02-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #22
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Je n'avais pas compris

The chassis of the 206 is good generally speaking. But whatever, the RC is coming out in April in the same time of the little restyling.

Old 02-02-2003, 04:20 PM   #23
crayzayjay
CFA

The 206 chassis is pretty good, though i hope the RC will be a little sharper.... do you have any pics of the facelift?
Old 02-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #24
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

The facelift will be very timid. The headlights of the XS and GTi on the whole range, new sigle on the side and new plastics and colours with (at least) a better built quality inside.

Old 02-02-2003, 04:37 PM   #25
crayzayjay
CFA

oh ok, that makes sense... people seem to like the way it looks, i saw a programme that said the 206 is the most searched-for car in 2nd hand car sale websites... pretty impressive

what did you mean by "sigle"?
Old 02-02-2003, 04:45 PM   #26
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

The 206 is the first car sold in Europe, that's maybe the reason

How could i say in English.... I cannot, could you translate please ? C'est le logo, le sigle de la marque, à l'arrière de la voiture qui va être légèrement modifié (un peu agrandi ou réduit) avec une petite évolution du dessin de celui-ci.

Old 02-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #27
crayzayjay
CFA

ah ok... logo would have been just fine for "sigle". Or "badge" is maybe more appropriate.

what do you mean the 206 is the first car to be sold in Europe?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:22 PM   #28
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Badge indeed !

Every year, there are about 14,5 millions of new cars sold in Europe, and the 206 is the first one in front of the Golf and the Mégane. So you find this figures on the second hand market.
Do I speak so bad English

Old 02-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #29
crayzayjay
CFA

Not at all! since i speak french too, i usually understand what you mean because you translate directly from French into English, it's a very easy and small mistake to make, as it doesnt always work (i do it going from english to french). I know exactly what you meant now... The 206 is the best-seller in Europe and therefore the best selling car in the second hand market. Compris
Old 02-02-2003, 05:53 PM   #30
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

I would have to live in and English-speaker country to speak better English and to think in English. So, I've to translate from French to English... But I'll improve my English

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars