Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai?
They are good and quality cars 3 50.00%
They are junk 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #46
sofpan
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

I offered you an Olympic cease-fire but you didn't accepted.
I had told that we have between us but if someone except Hudson and you provoke me I would have the right to answer him and I offer you the same right.
I honored the Olympic cease-fire but cjgt2 came and provoke me. I answered to him. That is not a violation of the Olympic cease-fire from me.
Right after, Hudson came and answered me. That is a violation of cease-fire from Hudson to me. What do you expected dear lowsonome1999? Do nothing?
But as you see, I kept honor the cease-fire with you. I wasn't talking to you till now. But even now, I don't speak for the case we have.
I am polite and man of spirit.
I offer you lowsonome1999 and Hudson again Olympic cease-fire.
We'll talk again about our theme right after the Olympics. I hope this time to be a successful cease-fire.
Be carefull: the cease-fire is between me, you and Hudson.
Is somebody else refer to us, we have the right to answer him but no answers between us.
Hudson if he likes he can answer to my last comment and I will not anwer him back. But nothing more!
Is it OK?
Greetings!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #47
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
I disagree in the issue of the power in the specific TV program (Top Gear). I believe that Top Gear have no need to hunt advertisements. The companies have the need to advertise themselfs at a program like Top Gear. Top Gear has the upper hand.
You believe whatever you want. I've worked in publishing for many years and advertisers wield plenty of power, no matter how big the magazine is...and Top Gear is no exception. Not only do they pay for the advertisements, they provide FREE CARS to test. You NEVER bite the hand that feeds you. Again, you can dream that Top Gear has this otherworldly power over the automotive industry, but it's just not the case.
Quote:
How is that possible? The raw materials are chosen by the factory and have passed quality control. The standards are the same, chosen by the factory. The production line is the same that the factory builded. So if all the parameters are the same, how only one car can be diseffective?
There are PEOPLE who put these vehicles together. People are not infallible. For that matter, materials vary from batch to batch. And not everything can pass through quality control.
Quote:
Ten years time I believe is not so big...
Ten years is greater than the expected life of a car. The average lifespan of a car is 7-8 years, so if your car is still running at 10 years, you're doing exceptionally well. Burning oil comes with older engines...parts wear and oil passes by the rings and burns. You can't expect a car not to wear at all after a decade.

If burning oil is the WORST thing you can come up with, you've done very well. There's nothing wrong with your car that wouldn't turn up in a 10-year old Toyota or Opel or Mercedes-Benz that was driven regularly.
Quote:
For me its obvious that my poor quality car, has a defective engine. Hyundai ought to fix it for free.
I like your enthusiasm, but it's obviously misplaced. There's nothing wrong with your car's engine that doesn't come with age. Hyundai has NO OBLIGATION to fix your car for free. If it were 3-5 years old, I'd defend you...but it's not.

Quote:
[font=Arial]I don’t need stats to show the obvious. I can find many issues about new Hyundais serious problems in the internet.
And you can do exactly the same thing with ANY BRAND, ANY MANUFACTURER, ANY YEAR, of ANY PRODUCT. Nothing's perfect. But, in case you've missed it the other five or six times it has been expressed...your car is OLD. You have yet to express anything defective about your car that any right-thinking person would attribute to Hyundai's build quality. Ten year old cars burn oil...it happens. Ten year old cars creak...it happens all the time.

Quote:
Hyundai is in the 10th position. So it’s not in the pure cream of Quality.
Tenth is good. Tenth is well above average. Tenth is ahead of brands that you believe to be better than Hyundai. Let's see....where's Mercedes-Benz on that list? How about Audi? How about BMW? How about, your favorite, Opel?
Quote:
[size=2]As someone can see in the list [color=red]some cars brands independently from their top positionings, are rated “DOWN”, like Lexus, Toyota, BMW. What that is showing to us?
The bar is moving upwards. All of the brands are improving in quality. Some brands are moving faster than others. Hyundai, from this survey, is improving its quality at a faster rate than BMW since they swapped positions. Your insistance that quality is going down is just bunk. Today's cars are FAR superior than at any other time in history. The fact that your cheap Accent has survived ten years and remains reliable transportation is a testiment to that. If you had purchased an equivalent inexpensive car 20 or 30 or 40 years earlier, you would be lucky to have the same car on the road 5 years later.

You've stopped being rational in your arguments (assuming that you were at one point rational) and you've just decided to rant, using us as targets. Quality has improved on almost all brands of cars...fact. Hyundais are better today than they were in the past...fact. Your car has outlived the average life expectancy of a car...fact. Hyundais are ranked higher in quality than most brands sold today...fact. Resale value is based on reputation which takes quite a while to change...it is impossible to significantly raise a brand's residual value overnight, or even in 5-10 years....it takes time. Hyundai's resale value today is higher than it was 5 years ago and it's still moving up.

Read this post...read it again...please, read it a third time. If you can PROVE any of it wrong, respond. But PLEASE don't keep reciting the same bogus information over and over.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #48
sofpan
AF Newbie

Hello buddies!

Did you miss me?

I missed you. You have been good boys. You honored the Olympic cease fire. Congratulations!

Now, as I am a good guy, I will give the opportunity to Hyundai to fix my last unacceptable problem for free (oils burned soon inside my Accent's engine). I am sure that some executives and officers of Hyundai read this forum. So I give them a last chance to solve the problem of my Accent's defective engine.
I give them a deadline.
The deadline is at Sunday 31st of Augoust. If they don't answer me positive to my fair demand, from next Monday, I will start destroying the "reputation" of Hyundai or whatever something like reputation it has. And that, will be very easy for me because Hyundai gives me the "weapons" to do it.
Also, if Hyundai will answer me positive to my fair demand after the deadline, I will rise my demand. I will ask for timeless free service for my Accent. So now, Hyundai has an opportunity to fix easily the problem that Hyundai caused by the dedective engine that my Accent has. After the deadline, it will be much more difficult for Hyundai.

Sofianopoulos Panayiotis (sofpan)
sofpan@yahoo.com
Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #49
Hudson
Old Mod

You are insane. There's nothing wrong with your car and any mechanic worth his salt will agree. A ten-year old car burning oil is NOT the problem of the maker. Cars that live to be a decade old are doing very well for themselves.

Hyundai will NOT agree to your little attempt at blackmail, nor should they. Some Accent owner who knows little or nothing about cars isn't going to hold much weight in this argument.

If and when you actually learn that your car is actually doing GOOD for surviving a decade, you'll realize how asinine your request is. But, from your earlier arguments, I'm guessing you'll never come to realize this little truth.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #50
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dear Hudson,
May be I am insane. But if I were insane, nobody would pay attention to me. But you notice what I am saying and answering.

I would like to ask something, all of you, the “Hyundai Defenders” that you are sanes: Can you define cars’ quality? What is cars’ quality for you?

Please all of the “Hyundai Defenders” answer this question. Your opinion is important for me. I respect and study your opinion.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the following small video. Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear presents The Worst Cars of the Century… and yes… Hyundai is among them.
See minutes 32 to 36 at video, right after the Russian Lada. Admire the Hyundai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nBaHKswQc&feature=related

Of course it’s a funny video, but it’s a funny video of the worst cars of century, at least, as Top Gear thinks.

sofpan@yahoo.com

Expiration of deadline to Hyundai Motors: Sunday 31st of August. Dear Hyundai Motors you ought to fix for free the defective engine of my Accent. After 31st of August it will be more difficult.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #51
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Dear Hudson,
May be I am insane. But if I were insane, nobody would pay attention to me. But you notice what I am saying and answering.
I have no proof of your sanity or insanity. I just have a feeling that you might be leaning away from the sane side of things.

Quote:
I would like to ask something, all of you, the “Hyundai Defenders” that you are sanes: Can you define cars’ quality? What is cars’ quality for you?
You don't respect anyone's opinion if it differs from your own.

I cannot define "quality" to a point that will satisfy you. I can, however, state that you cannot define the build or design quality of an entry-level car simply by the fact that it burns oil after ten years. You bought a disposible car, one that wasn't not supposed to be on the road forever. Ten years is ANCIENT for such a car. You should be PRAISING Hyundai for building a car that rattles a little and burns some oil after a decade.

If you had complained about these things in 1999 or 2000, I would come to your side and defend you. In 2008, you're just annoying the manufacturer with your petty complaints.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 AM   #52
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dear Hudson,
Dear lowsonoma1999,
And every other “Hyundai Defender”,
I believe that generally I don’t know as much as you know about cars, because my profession is not relative about cars. Thus, I want to know your opinion about cars’ quality.

What do you think for cars quality. Can you define it? With details please…

Of course I have the common sense to judge everybody’s opinion.

I had ask the same question to lowsonoma1999 in comment #20 (page 2nd), before the Olympics and have no answer yet. I believe that he forgot it.

So dear Hudson, lowsonoma1999 and every other “Hyundai Defender”, what do you consider a quality car (details please…)?

Otherwise, I would think that you avoid to answer this question. I ask for your opinion about cars’ quality, not mine. I know mine.

As for me, I have answered this question, about what I consider a quality car, in comment #20.
I copy – paste my answer: “I consider a car industry has quality, when its cars are durable, last with no important problems for 15-20 years (my friend’s Kadett is 30 years, so 20 years it’s not large time period – Ofcourse for you that have a different opinion about quality is large), have non expensive maintenance costs and have strong after sales service, showing respect to each customer- sofpan”.
------------- --------------- ---------------

Coming back to Hyundai’s good cars, lets see the off road performance of Hyundai’s Tucson 4x4 vehicle. See link:

Poor performance of Tucson at little mud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMeOK4MTK0A

Tucson stuck in mud…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJXQLF0y48

Watch now what are the really good 4x4 vehicles are doing:

Land Rover “swimming” in mud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2rh9...eature=related

Other 4x4 passing from large mud bog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrN57O-sWPs

Oh! I forgot! ...Of course! Hyundai has also the Santa Fe 4x4...
Well, lets see the triumphs of Santa Fe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMBCk5SNLs

Congratulations Hyundai for your off road performance!

Ah! I also forgot… the Russian Lada Niva 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPCSUA6WrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZyxPS05zY

Even the Russian Lada Niva, that many people think it’s not worthing, as you can see, is very strong off road and better than Hyundai’s 4x4. Hyundai 4x4...

Whoever has eyes, can see… Now you know… if you want a real, strong 4x4, Hyundai has no good solution.

sofpan@yahoo.com

Expiration of deadline to Hyundai Motors: Sunday 31st of August. Dear Hyundai Motors you ought to fix for free the defective engine of my Accent. After 31st of August it will be more difficult.

Last edited by sofpan; 09-09-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #53
sofpan
AF Newbie

Admire the Lada Niva...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gq2M62c0vw

From the videos that I have seen of 4x4 vehicles, I think that russian Lada is the best... and consider that the price of Lada Niva is about 60% (much cheaper) of Hyundai's 4x4.
Lada Niva is the cheaper 4x4 comparable with any brand and looks to me that its the best of all 4WD.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #54
sofpan
AF Newbie

Jesus Christ!!! Lada submarine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kWYvH0_oY

Awesome!!!

Hyundai 4x4??? Why??? When you can have Lada?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #55
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
As for me, I have answered this question, about what I consider a quality car, in comment #20.
I copy – paste my answer: “I consider a car industry has quality, when its cars are durable, last with no important problems for 15-20 years (my friend’s Kadett is 30 years, so 20 years it’s not large time period – Ofcourse for you that have a different opinion about quality is large), have non expensive maintenance costs and have strong after sales service, showing respect to each customer- sofpan”.
Quality should be defined by the attributes given to the vehicle at production. Having nice textures and superior fit-and-finish of its parts add to the vehicle's quality rating. Having the car last 15-20 years speaks to its DURABILITY, not necessarily the vehicle's quality of design. In the automotive world, praising a 20 year old car is like saying that everyone should live to be 110 because I can show you people who have done it. Your car is simply an elderly car and it has elderly car problems. I don't expect to live to be 80 or 90 without something failing on me...and I wouldn't expect a car to live to be 10 without something failing on it. The Opel in your example is the EXCEPTION, not the rule. Your Accent fits the rule and it is far from the exception, no matter what brand or manufacturer.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #56
sofpan
AF Newbie

So dear Hudson what of these that you describe has Hyundai in its vehicles?
Does Hyundai has nice textures?
Does Hyundai has superior fit-and-finish of its cars parts?

From my experience, my Accent has average textures, lots of low quality plastic inside (that’s for, when I drive I hear rattles and creaks), lots of plastic parts outside instead of the -better- metal parts (plastic cracks in the long term) and wherever has metal sheets, these are very thin.

Dear Hudson, you avoid –with a clever way- to tell me what is durability for you. You passed this, just saying thinks about my car’s durability and how this in fine for its age. I am not interest in my Accent’s durability performance over the years. I know that.

Tell me dear Hudson and all the other “Hyundai Defenders”, what do you consider of a car’s durability and quality. What factors and parameters you would consider important for a car’s durability and quality over the years. With your answers, I could realize what the average high quality and durability is for every car. Be specific please

Goodmorning to Americans!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #57
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
So dear Hudson what of these that you describe has Hyundai in its vehicles?
The Accent is average (to above average) quality for cars of its price range. Definitely not the worst in its category. You can't compare the quality of an Accent to that of an Opel or a Mercedes-Benz or a Rolls-Royce...they are four different categories of vehicle.
Quote:
From my experience, my Accent has average textures, lots of low quality plastic inside (that’s for, when I drive I hear rattles and creaks), lots of plastic parts outside instead of the -better- metal parts (plastic cracks in the long term) and wherever has metal sheets, these are very thin.
And these compare poorly to other inexpensive cars? I doubt it.
Quote:
Dear Hudson, you avoid –with a clever way- to tell me what is durability for you. You passed this, just saying thinks about my car’s durability and how this in fine for its age. I am not interest in my Accent’s durability performance over the years. I know that.
You didn't ask about durability...you asked about quality.

You may know the condition of your car today, but you don't realize (even though I've tried to state it many different ways) that your inexpensive car has held up very well for its age. You spent roughly €9,000 (2,000,000 GRD?) in 1998 and you're complaining that the materials are cheap?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 AM   #58
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dear Hudson, back in 1998 my Accent cost 3,300,000 Greek Drachmas (GRD), that is €9,680.00. Do you know what was my monthly net salary then? About €557. My whole annual income from a year’s salary was about €7,800. That is € 557 x 14 (12 months + 2 months bonus) = €7,800.
That is 1.25x or 125% of my whole annual net salary. So I worked 1 year and a quarter to buy the Accent, without spending nothing from my income. Does it seems cheap to you? For me, it’s not seems cheap at all.

But it seems to me that a car that cost me the whole salary of a year and a quarter and in a decade I have done gradually about 69,000 miles, that is 6,900 miles per year in average – and of course is a very low annual mileage, driving always “gently”, and appears all the problems that I described to my first comment (look in the beginning of the Tread), is not finally a good, quality and durable car and as for my opinion its not worthing.

One of my co-workers, has a Nissan Micra for two years. She has done 58,460 miles (or 29,230 miles per year in average – much more than I have done in average), with no important issues. She had only one important issue that the hydraulic steering wheel became for some reason very “hard” to use it, like it lost its liquid. And because the car is 2 years old is covered by the warranty (= no cost to fix it). Do you compare the Nissan Micra to my Hyundai Accent, that are comparable cars in size, engine and price?
It seems to me that just, some auto manufactures has quality and some others have not.

You said that “Accent is to above average quality for cars of its price range”. You use the term “of its price range”. That is an artful dodge from you Hudson.

I know that in every sector that we are taking action in our life, if we like to be good and leading in our business and jobs, we must aim high. And if we aiming high, phrases like “above average of its price range” can not belong to our vocabulary.
I don’t like these phrases. In Greece we have a traditional saying: “Between the blinds, the monocular rules”. What are you saying dear Hudson? You are saying that Accent and Hyundai generally, has above average quality for the money we spend to buy its cars. In other words you are saying Hyundai that has above average quality in its price range = monocular that rules among the blinds (other auto makers that have the same bad or even worse quality). I don’t like this logic, I don’t accept it.
Dear readers of our Thread, do you like this logic (that seems that Hyundai Motors has adopted)? or do you prefer your money to have real value, buing products with real good quality and durability?
Dear Hudson I prefer the logic to aim high, not average. For me, First is the Best, Faq the Rest.

So my friend Hudson, can you define what is exactly (with details) quality and durability in a car?
--------------------------------------………………--------------------------------------
Ehhh… the rest of “Hyundai Defenders”, don’t you have an opinion? Can you define what is exactly (with details) quality and durability in a car?
I start to believe that you avoid to answer.
--------------------------------------………………--------------------------------------
Expiration of deadline to Hyundai Motors: Sunday 31st of August. Dear Hyundai Motors you ought to fix for free the defective engine of my Accent. After 31st of August it will be more difficult (see comment #49).
Old 08-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #59
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Dear Hudson, back in 1998 my Accent cost 3,300,000 Greek Drachmas (GRD), that is €9,680.00. Do you know what was my monthly net salary then? About €557. My whole annual income from a year’s salary was about €7,800. That is € 557 x 14 (12 months + 2 months bonus) = €7,800.
That is 1.25x or 125% of my whole annual net salary. So I worked 1 year and a quarter to buy the Accent, without spending nothing from my income. Does it seems cheap to you? For me, it’s not seems cheap at all.
There's your problem. You are expecting a car that was less than €10,000 to be of similar quality of vehicles twice or more the price, just because it was expensive TO YOU! I feel for you and your relatively expensive purchase, but it has served you well over the past ten years. That €10,000 purchase cost you only €83 a month, plus any repairs. That sounds like a great deal to me. But now you want to punish Hyundai for the fact that YOU could not afford an Opel. How does that make any sense?

Quote:
[font=Arial]One of my co-workers, has a Nissan Micra for two years. She has done 58,460 miles (or 29,230 miles per year in average – much more than I have done in average), with no important issues.
The Accent is a size LARGER than the Micra. When you compare the Micra to the Hyundai Atoz, you'll see that the Micra is about 20% more expensive.

Quote:
You said that “Accent is to above average quality for cars of its price range”. You use the term “of its price range”. That is an artful dodge from you Hudson.
It's only because I have a brain and I realize that you can't compare two different classes of products. I wish you could see that.

Quote:
I know that in every sector that we are taking action in our life, if we like to be good and leading in our business and jobs, we must aim high. And if we aiming high, phrases like “above average of its price range” can not belong to our vocabulary.
Here's a nice little saying for you: don't compare apples and oranges. You can't compare two products that are not meant to be rivals. A vehicle that sells in one price class with another in a higher price class. There's a reason why the less expensive car costs less...the materials may not be as high quality, but when you compare to OTHER VEHICLES of the same ilk, you'll see that some bubble to the top. Your Hyundai is NOT one of the bottom dwellers. And you keep assuming that a 1998 entry-level Hyundai is a good measure of what Hyundai makes in 2008. Wake up...that's THREE GENERATIONS of Accent later.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #60
sofpan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
There's a reason why the less expensive car costs less...the materials may not be as high quality, but when you compare to OTHER VEHICLES of the same ilk, you'll see that some bubble to the top. Your Hyundai is NOT one of the bottom dwellers.

Thanks Hudson that you admitted that my Hyundai is not above average… This is a kindly confession by you…that my Accent is a bad car. Be careful, not the worst that I could buy but certainly, a bad car. I agree with you. And of course as I have mentioned at a past comment, that couldn’t happen a negative miracle and only my Accent produced badly, in the factory of Hyundai, in the production line of Hyundai, with the raw materials that Hyundai had chose, with the production standards that Hyundai had adopted, with the quality controls that Hyundai used. Lots of others cars that produced in the same production line with the same procedures, produced badly.

Quote:
The Accent is a size LARGER than the Micra. When you compare the Micra to the Hyundai Atoz, you'll see that the Micra is about 20% more expensive…. Here's a nice little saying for you: don't compare apples and oranges. You can't compare two products that are not meant to be rivals.

Dear Hudson, the saying is correct but it’s not apply to the example that I gave. Micra is little smaller in dimensions (length) than Accent, but the Engine Is the Same (1300 cc or 1.3L). To be more specific, Micra is producing from 1.0L (1000 cc) to 1.3L (1300 cc) engine. The Micra that I mentioned was a 1.3L. So Accent and 1.3L Micra are comparable. And the comparison is this: this particular Micra that I spoke for, has done in 2 years 58,460 miles (or 29,230 miles per year in average – much more than I have done in average), with only one important issue, covered by the warranty. The owner of that Micra, probably in the next year (3rd), will reach the miles that I have done in 10-11 years. I repeat and emphasize, Micra till now has only one important issue, covered by the warranty.
Do you believe dear Hudson that in the next year that Micra will reach –and probably pass- the miles that I have done gradually in 11 years, Micra will have more problems than my Accent in the 11 years?
Do you believe that Micra will start burning lots of oils inside its engine in the next -3rd- year?
Do you believe that Micra will start burning lots of oils inside its engine in the 4th year, with much more miles than my Accent?
I don’t think so. From this comparison, seems that the two cars are comparable to price and engine but they are not comparable to quality, reliability and durability. Micra is by far better than Accent. Read again my first comment of the Thread to remind yourself the total problems that I had in my Accent –not only the last important: oils burn inside the engine- and answer me.
Do you compare the Nissan Micra to my Hyundai Accent, that are comparable cars in size, engine and price?

Quote:
And you keep assuming that a 1998 entry-level Hyundai is a good measure of what Hyundai makes in 2008. Wake up...that's THREE GENERATIONS of Accent later.

The Accent model didn’t appeared in 1998 that I bought it. If I remember well, Accent appeared in 1995. So Hyundai Motors back in 1998, had already 3 years of feedback and experience in the quality and driving behavior of Accent and the Company has the opportunity to improve it. If Hyundai Motors wanted to improve it. But as you can see, it came year 1998, after 3 years of Accent’s production and Accent still produced without quality. And of course if someone have bought the same “first generation” Accent in years 1999 and 2000, would have the same cars with no quality.
Furthermore, maybe the Accents of the period 1995-2000 were the model’s “first generation”, but in the reality, Accent was the development – evolution of a previous 1.3L model, the Hyundai Excel (I think that in US named Pony). Hyundai Excel was in the markets about 10 years. So if I count the timelife of Excel plus Accent, in this category of cars (1.3L/1300 cc and same dimensions), Hyundai Motors in 1998 had almost 15 years of experience.
Did Hyundai Motors used this experience? No! Probably Hyundai Motors hadn’t the intention to use the experience, because wanted to produce cheap cars (with no quality).
So dear Hudson I don’t think that the 1998 Accent was an entry-level model and I don’t think that the model’s “generations” cause improvements in the cars. The improvements caused by the intention of the manufactures to use their experience and feed back and build improved cars. I believe that Hyundai Motors never had this intention. Hyundai Motors is producing from time to time some good cars, to make impressions and take some good ratings from some cars’ organizations (like JD Power) and finally, to confuse the consumers. The proof of that is the very low resale value, after all these years of production activity (must be 30 years that Hyundai is active in world’s cars market).

Quote:
You are expecting a car that was less than €10,000 to be of similar quality of vehicles twice or more the price, just because it was expensive TO YOU! I feel for you and your relatively expensive purchase, but it has served you well over the past ten years. That €10,000 purchase cost you only €83 a month, plus any repairs. That sounds like a great deal to me.

It didn’t serve me well in the decade. It served me well the first 6-7 years. The most of the important problems that I describe to you in my first comment in this Thread, appeared from the 7th year.
So if someone asked me if I am pleased with my Accent in years 1 to 6, I would have answered him that it’s not a car for fast drivers, has not strong horsepower, but it’s a decent car, because it cost me relatively cheap, has no important issues but I pay for that, in the expensive authorized Service and finally, it’s a value for the money car. But my opinion change dramatically from year 7+. I realized that although it has an expensive service, it didn’t make it to show durability in the long term (with little mileage and gradually, “gently” use).
Does this sounds like a great deal to you? Not to me!

Dear Hudson you gave my an idea with the per month cost that you mentioned.
Let’s compare my Accent with an X brand of the same engine’s size.

Accent 1.3L

X brand 1.3L

Initial Cost to Buy

9.600 €

14.000 €

Total Cost of Annual Service
(3 services per year x 250Euro each)

750 €

750 €

Cost of Repairs per Year

100 €

60 €

Expected lifetime of car

15 years

22 years

Total Cost of Service in whole Lifetime

16.500 €

Total Cost of Repairs in whole Lifetime

1.500 €

1.320 €

Total Cost (Initial+Service+Repairs)

31.820 €

Cost me per Year

1.490,0 €

1.446,4 €

Cost me per Month

124,2 €

120,5 €

In the Table above (it doesn't appear well), we can see the Initial Cost to Buy the two cars (9600 euros for Accent, 14000 for the X brand) , the Total Cost of Annual Service (that is 3 services per year x €250 in average), the Cost of Repairs per Year (yes in Accent is bigger than the X brand), the Expected Lifetime of each car (also the X brand is expected to live at least 7 years more than Accent), the Total Cost of Service in the whole Lifetime, the Total Repairs’ Cost in Lifetime, the Total Cost (has all the previous costs), the Cost me per year and Cost me per month.

From this comparison we can see that Accent is worse, so is not worthing.

The imaginary X brand is realistic. I just don’t want to mention a specific brand.
And consider that I have favored Accent in this comparison, just because is my recent car. I favour Accent at:
  • the Total Cost of Annual Service because I have confirmed from my friends that other Japs and European Cars Brands -more glamorous than Hyundai- have smaller cost service in my Country.
  • the Fuel’s consumption. If you notice I haven’t consider it. And be sure that the X brand is much more fuel efficient than Accent. I just wanted a more simple example.
Ehhh… where are all others “Hyundai Defenders” gone?
All of you –Hudson included- avoid to tell me what is a cars quality and durability. Why is that?
Because Hyundai has not such things.

Cheers,
Panayiotis Sofianopoulos (sofpan)
sofpan@yahoo.com

Expiration of deadline to Hyundai Motors: Sunday 31st of August. Dear Hyundai Motors you ought to fix for free the defective engine of my Accent. After 31st of August it will be more difficult (see comment #49).

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna