Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #31
angel_iz378
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to angel_iz378
Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by moman87
dont know... wholesale...dunno...i was not arguiing with you guys, just posing other information... i know of one company that is sponsering me $$$ to get started, and then another possible sponser that might give me $$$ to get started... not car companies, but $$$ is $$$...SPC would jsut be another sponser... and agina yes my car is stock, and is only the V6...but with it i will get myself started and move up...why must one have to be rich, and have the money to get started? why not sponser an enthusiast with ideas taht will win?
mo, i was once like you. before i realized how useless this sponsorship is, i argued that everything was well and good. that it was all for a reason. that the $80 was for lawyers fees to write up each contract and that when they told me i was up for a spot that "just opened up" i didn't want to let it slip away again. I recently went to a H.I.N. show near my hometown and saw several cars with the SCP logo. I thought to myself, either they're just as gullible as i was, or maybe they can actually make it work. (mostly the first) if you've already paid the 80 bucks, then R.I.P $$$ if not, then DONT DO IT!!!

Check out My NEW 2007 Cobalt LT "Pheonix" @ Car Domain
angel_iz378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #32
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Old 05-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #33
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Since I love AutomotiveForums so much and I want to support the little guys trying so hard to race their cars and show them, I am willing to sponsor you guys. Any of you, all of you.

All you have to do is send me $50 and I will get you vinyl of Jekyl Hyde Racing to prove that you are sponsored by me.

I think you will find this is a much better deal than $80 for sport compact pro.

Please e-mail for paypal address.
I want to support and sponsor as many of you as possible.

In fact, we can do this in a group buy, I'll 4 cars for $150 ... so get your friends together and split the costs. You can get sponsored even cheaper!
Old 05-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #34
moman87
AF Newbie

welll...
1. ma friend is sponsored by SCP and has goten his 15k$ per year of showing and racing
2. Jekly Hyde, you sound more like a scam than SCP
3. i already paid the 80$, and have a "FULL" sponsorship through a company that deals in suspension, whells, rims, brakes, mainly everything undracarriage, and am suppossed to recieve the packet in 2 daays, aftre i have ma attourney look through it i will let you guys know!
moman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:51 PM   #35
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

lol ... of course I sound like a scam, I was not being serious. I was exaggerating to prove my point.

Mo, as long as you are happy I am happy. I sincerely wish you well.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #36
moman87
AF Newbie

i was messin all the same...but yeah... at this point they say i got TWO FULL sponsorships taht cover audio/visual, and undercarriage(suspension, rims, tires, brakes, everything underthat car) and if i apply for the Hot Import Nights stuffs, i get engine and interior as well....elaving only exterior for me to handle, which i am getting handled outside carsponsorships with a air brushing company out here in AZ, that is gonna sponsor ma paintjob, and like 3K$ a year. but yeah... i will keep posting as things turn up
Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #37
FocusOnDeez
AF Newbie

Angry absolutely a scam

I filled out the form but stopped short when they wanted me to give them 88 duckets. That is when the first red flag came up. I forgot all about it and went on with my life. Then today I got a call about 7 EST on my cell which is the number I left on the form. The guy on the other end was very unprofessional and proceeded to ask me if I remembered filling out the form. I was like sure (remembering the huge red flag). He proceeded to tell me I was approved for 10g's (for a split second I thought maybe these guys were legit) then after he finished telling me that I would get 10g's in discounts on parts from their affiliates. Then he said that I would have to roll with their vinyl on my ride, attend 4 shows a year... (dosen't sound so bad) Then he proceeded to try to get me to pick out the color sticker I wanted. When I pressed him on emailing me some pics of the selection or a link on their site that I could check out the colors he had no answer except... why dont I just send you the white and if you dont like it call me up and I will get you whatever color you want. (second red flag) Then he came at me with the lamest attempt to get the 88 bones... I asked if I could send it in with the contract, once I had a chance to review it. He said that the money was for legal fees to prepare the contract and then he went on to say later that the fee was refunded back to me with a tax deduction voucher (shuuuurrrrre, whatever man) I told him to call me back on friday when I get paid. Actually a stalling tactic, you see I got ripped off a few years ago and I tracked those F's down all the way to calli and got their local police investigating them. If you look up their (get sponsored . whatever)webhosting server it is located in Amsterdam (third red flag... offshore hosting so it is harder to trace)
OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB
by the way the phone number they called me from 3028923356
comes up as a verizon wireless number in Wilmington, DE on a reverse phone number lookup. So I would say it is most definately a scam and if you are being ripped off or have been ripped off file a complaint with the attorney general for that state and file a complaint with the FBI's online fraud website... but do whatcha like
FocusOnDeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:48 PM   #38
moman87
AF Newbie

well... A... the 80$ goes to CarSponsorships.com, and agency that helps you get sponsored, they hold the $$$ from OTHER COMPANIES like Bluapunkt, DecalKits, etc... and get you hooked up with them, the 80$ is for legal fees, you gotta pay the scout to find the company. JUST LIKE SPORTS! colleges pay scouts to find their next best players. you p[ay CarSponsorships.com to find YOU a sponsor! my sponsorships i have been awarded are not even SCP, so SCP and CarSponsorships.com are not one and the same, i got one full sponsorship form DecalKits, and a Quasi from Bluapunkt. so far ma attourney has gone through everything and says it is all LEGIT
Old 05-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #39
Cyprus106
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Cyprus106

KID! you must be JOKING!!! momman87, What's on your car? Like what car is it, list of modifications, and pics, if you will...

FULL sponsorship means that you get parts for ABSOLUTELY FREE. There is NO cost to you WHATSOEVER. Jek would DEFINATELY know about sponsorships. LISTEN to the man. He is NOT stupid. You're being scammed. I guess it's time to pull my rant back out of the closet...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #40
Cyprus106
AF Enthusiast

Sport Compact Pro "Sponsorships"
READ IT

A friend of mine that now lives in Indiana called me up a few years back and says "Dood, I got sponsored by RacerX!" This was the first I'd heard about RacerX. I thought maybe it was some obscure car magazine that had just slipped through the cracks, or maybe it was some parts company that I just somehow failed to hear about, neither were likely, but stranger things have happened. When I asked him what they sold, he told me he didn't know. Now, at the time he had a nearly all stock 240SX with an exhaust, shift knob, and big plans. Of all of the kids I knew that said they were going to do all sorts of cool things with their Civics, Probes, and Integras, he was the only one I believed. In good reason. I thought maybe by some miracle and a big stretch and possibly the right connections, some manager somewhere saw the potential and decided to sponsor him. Eventually he put a RB20DET in his 240 and did masses of upgrade work, and now is well on his way to getting shipped overseas to become a certified Porsche technician. He was never the kind of guy I would expect to fall for a scam, but I was very skeptical. He said he had to pay some sort of fee and place at least 2 decals on his car but then he got all sorts of discounts off of retail on parts. I replied with "Discount off of retail, like MSRP? Because nobody sells at MSRP... It can be hundreds lower, you know that?" He, again, admitted he didn’t know the full details, and I didn't want to rain on his parade, so I tried to stay away from being cynical. I asked him if he had to go to any shows, or if he had some commitment to win, something to get maximum exposure, how his sponsor got all of their money that they were apparently throwing at him en masse back through advertising, and exactly what they were even advertising? About the only thing he could think of were the decals he had to put on and he had to go to a few car shows a year, but they didn’t care to have any proof that he went. For almost a year he drove around with RacerX stickers. He ended up never using the "Sponsorship", even with literally close to ten grand dumped into his car from a host of manufacturers. When half a dozen of my friends started to talk about how they got sponsored by RacerX too and that they could win a Skyline and that in itself justified paying the small “cover costs”, I had a scam, or at least a good hustle, fairly pegged. Sooner or later, all of my friends realized that they threw however big of a wad of cash down for nothing to get essentially nothing and the whole big ordeal of seemingly half of everybody in town getting these huge sponsorships died down fairly rapidly. To be honest, I can’t remember one person actually using this “sponsorship”.

Now I’ve been starting to hear some buzz about ”Sport Compact Pro” being this huge sponsor. I instantly thought of RacerX, after hearing even the smallest details, and when I saw this post in the MR2OC forum, (Sorry, you may have to sign up to see it), I was sure. The “sponsoree” Received a letter stating that they did accept your sponsorship, and that “We just want to remind that we had charged you $88 for the contract fee, however this is tax deducible since 100% of the proceeds go to victims of illegal street racing.”. This new company, Sport Compact Pro, is even more blatantly obvious about their scam than RacerX was, who at least offered a coveted and rare car for your money.
They don’t even offer you free decals, which I personally know to cost less than a dollar each, but charge you $79.95 or $88 to “cover decal costs” and “Legal fees” to write up the contract (which is laughable. They have to have a lawyer write it up once, and once only. And do you have any idea how many people SCP is “Sponsoring?” I doubt it cost a few hundred thousand to write up one little legally binding contract that says they get to keep your money if you want it back), and probably a little bit to cover the cost of this awesome free DVD that they send you. You’d better like it, by the way, since it’s the only tangible thing you’re going to be getting out of this “deal”. The victims of illegal street racing that they pay; that’s not only a slap in the face, but I see that as a personal “fuck you” to everybody who is gullible enough to shove their hard earned money in the pocket of this greedy and exploitive company. No, it’s not tax deductible. No payment is tax deductible unless you are a church or a non-for-profit group paying a business. Unless you’re donating to a non-for-profit group, which this company is not. It is not tax deductible, you don’t get the money back. Even if I’m wrong about the aforementioned statement, you still won’t be able to deduct it, you won’t get that money back, even in the form of taxes. If you don’t believe me, go to the Official IRS List of Tax Exempt Organizations and search away. If it’s not there, the IRS won’t honor it. And after an hour of searching, I didn’t even pick up a scent.
Recently, I happened to grab some random car magazine off a grocery store shelf, attracted by the spider-design style decals on the featured cover car, and as I was leafing through it mindlessly, I nearly laughed out loud when I saw a full page advertisement for Sport Compact Pro’s Sponsorship Search!
Companies, corporations, businesses do not search you out to take a sponsorship. That’s almost worth repeating over and over. And if you still don’t get why, here’s the general idea behind a sponsorship… A company that sponsors you wants one thing out of you: advertisement. They don’t care about anything else. Trust me, they do not want to “hook you up”. At all. They want cheaper advertisement, and if you want them to sponsor you, you have to make them believe they’ll get more exposure out of you, to people that actually want to buy their product, and it will be cheaper for the company to do it this way than some other way or ways. These companies, they pay you to get sponsored, not the other way around. Even then, most companies, especially big companies, won’t even give you the time of day. And if you have much less than jaw dropping, or if you can’t talk very very sweet to them, (bear in mind that this one still requires a very nice, unique car), chances are they’ll laugh at you. They want people to like your car, see their company’s name on your car, and buy the product that they’re selling. Sport Compact Pro just blatantly doesn’t have a product, or a service, or anything else for that matter except a “Sponsorship”. They’re literally selling sponsorships. Ask yourself why in the world they need your car and why they want to use it to advertise nothing at all, since that’s what they’re selling? The biggest kicker is that if they can easily slap down twelve thousand dollars, which appears to be everybody’s magic number, to just throw in gobs at your car, why in the world would they need a seventy to eighty dollar up-front fee? This is a twisted version of a pyramid scheme and a Ponzi Scheme mixed together. Look either or both up and address the similarity. They take your money and give you nothing. If you buy something from them or their list of authorized vendors or they pay part of your cost, chances are they still aren’t losing any money. Especially if they want you to buy the parts from them, I would almost bet my car they’re making profit off of the parts that get sold.
Chances are if you fell prey to this elaborate and lavish scam, and sent them your wad of McDonalds money in the high hopes of getting your early 90s stock Probe a big name sponsorship, and then want the money back, they’ll avoid you for weeks. If you’ve already signed the contract and want the money back, you’re S.O.L, although if they have your money, you probably are anyways. By the way, the sponsorship only lasts one year. So get all of the parts you can as fast as you can. Their discount lists are probably just as bad as their sweet talking and when you call to order you’ll likely get neglected for weeks before being gravely disappointed that you could have already bought the parts you wanted at a local or online shop for less, even with their amazing discount. Please, because I care about the people that post on these forums, and their money, because it’s probably just as valuable to you guys as mine is to me, don’t feed this lying company that’s only looking to exploit your dream of being sponsored. I will guarantee you with every ounce of truth in my body that it is not worth it. I hope this helps SOMEBODY not be a sucker.

Matt “Cyprus” Holmes
Old 05-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #41
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

He already stated that is car is stock and he has no experience.

Here is my story of getting real sponsorships that I wrote in my monthly newspaper column:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/columnsponsor.htm

As Cyprus106 pointed out, a "full sponsorship" costs you nothing. A partial sponsorship may be a business splitting some costs with you.

What do I know though? .... I've only taken in $7,000 or so in sponsorship in the last year. My sponsors have supplid me with parts, service and cash that cost me nothing.

Why did I get sponsors? .... becuase I already had a proven car that was entering events on the national level and I have a strong Internet presence so my sponsors know they will get coverage.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #42
moman87
AF Newbie

ONE: i did not receive my sponsorships from Sport Compact Pro...i got them form Blaupunkt Audio, and Decalkits.com. my 80$ went to CarSponsorships.com... a company that find you a sponsor, i even called Blaupunkt and asked a sponsor contact and she said that i was on their record, same with Decalkits.com...i DID NOT call Sport compact PRo(i aint sponsored by them), or call CarSponsorships.com
Old 05-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #43
moman87
AF Newbie

TWO: my full sponsorship from decalkits.com is legit, i got over 600$ of vouchers to use for their items, to get me started with them.

Three: my Quasi sponsorship is from Blaupunkt USA Audio... they give me less that wholesale prices... i display their logo, and send drawing/sketches/etc.. of what i want to do to my cars audio/visual system and they then decide to sponsor me or not!
Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #44
Cyprus106
AF Enthusiast

What are the terms of these "vouchers"? You didn't pay ANY money and you got $600 worth of "vouchers" to use with them. And when using these "vouchers" you don't have to pay ANY amount of money... All you do is give them these "vouchers" and they're same as cash? Do'nt assume I'm undermining you, I'm just trying to understand.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #45
moman87
AF Newbie

simple...i first have to apply 2 of their decals(2"x5") and send a picture of their logo on my car, and after i receieve waht i get for the first voucher, to redeem the second i must agian show a current picture with my car, their logo, and waht ever it is i bought all installed.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car