Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 06:37 AM   #46
Bean Bandit
AF Enthusiast

My father got an Lexus LS 400 ('91). Real nice for crusing but too smooth suspension for driving fast unless it's straight ahead :bandit:
Fun is not a straight line. AFs member #299, loyal european support since 02/2001.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:12 PM   #47
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

olds: your car rules, my mom has a 99 intrigue and its awesome. i can't even threat to smoke someone in my car, too slow and no potential to go fast within MY price range.

Gang$tarr: some people might consider me a "prep" cause i dress nicely, but i don't hang out with the preps because they are all assholes to everyone they come in contact with that isn't exactly like them, i just hope to high heavens that you and your friends aren't like that. i hang out with the "skaters" they are cool as ice.

Porsche: i ordered a dark green, almost black, Mclaren made by maisto about a week and a half ago, i got it off of ebay, brand new, never been out of the package. still haven't gotten it yet but i'll keep you kids posted.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:31 PM   #48
Darkwing
AF Enthusiast

I have 95 civic EX coupe, my dad has a 98 integra GS, and my mom has a 2000 cr-v. we're a honda family
Old 08-23-2001, 12:45 AM   #49
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder927
Gang$tarr: some people might consider me a "prep" cause i dress nicely, but i don't hang out with the preps because they are all assholes to everyone they come in contact with that isn't exactly like them, i just hope to high heavens that you and your friends aren't like that. i hang out with the "skaters" they are cool as ice.
all my friends are preps and they're nice to me, saying they're all assholes is such a stereotype

hehe, but you are right, alot of them are cause they think they're better than everybody else.... but they're still my friends so i really don't care if they're assholes to other people as long as they're nice to me. I try to be nice to everybody but i really don't talk to anybody else but preps at school...... my school is really like groupy... it's like a triangle the in-crowd (preps) are at the top and they don't really talk to anybody underneath them, then there are the middle people which i dunno they're friends with everybody but the in-crowd who won't accept them, then there are the druggies and skaters, not saying that skaters are druggies they just hang out with the druggies..... and there are also nerds and geeks that hang out with each other at the bottom
I don't know why i just explained that but yeah that's how it works
Old 08-23-2001, 12:47 AM   #50
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I'd consider myself as one of the nice preps, cause i actually talk to alotta people.... and i'm never really mean to anybody unless they're mean to me..... I even chill with the thugs sometimes, ehehe
Old 08-23-2001, 08:30 AM   #51
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
All the preps around here go to the local private school, so they never end up having any friends except for other mega-rich kids. I know a guy who's father is a multi-billionare, and I'm nice to him, but he has basically no friends, no one who invites him over for a sleep-over, nothing. I'd love to have lots of money, but only if I got it at age 20+ so that I wouldn't be born rich.

Old 08-23-2001, 10:38 AM   #52
dre
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

all my friends are preps and they're nice to me, saying they're all assholes is such a stereotype

hehe, but you are right, alot of them are cause they think they're better than everybody else.... but they're still my friends so i really don't care if they're assholes to other people as long as they're nice to me. I try to be nice to everybody but i really don't talk to anybody else but preps at school...... my school is really like groupy... it's like a triangle the in-crowd (preps) are at the top and they don't really talk to anybody underneath them, then there are the middle people which i dunno they're friends with everybody but the in-crowd who won't accept them, then there are the druggies and skaters, not saying that skaters are druggies they just hang out with the druggies..... and there are also nerds and geeks that hang out with each other at the bottom
I don't know why i just explained that but yeah that's how it works
If someone is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, then they are not a nice person. (some famous quote, i forget who made it)

I bet the preppies are the only ones who think they are 'at the top'.
Old 08-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #53
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by dre
hmmmm, very profound. gang$tarr, most of the skaters are druggies, but i'm not into drugs or anything like that, they are just cool people to be around.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:26 PM   #54
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dre

no, we are... we have all the parties, and everyone always wants to be part of our group...... every school has an in-crowd and the preps are that at our schoo, and at most other schools around here...... everybody else is considered a loser
it's just like that in-crowd movie just nobodies crazy
Old 08-23-2001, 05:59 PM   #55
Heep
AF Fanatic

You don't have any "normal" people at your school? I'm not a skater, I'm not a druggie or thug, I'm not a nerd or geek, and I'm not a prep. Maybe you should add "average Joe's" to your triangle (now a square?)

Old 08-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #56
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

didn't i say that? the middle people.... the middle people are just every normal person, not high up not low down
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-23-2001, 09:37 PM   #57
olds88
AF Enthusiast

hell in high school i was a "grease monkey"

but being a grease monkey can be positive in many ways i will give you three

1. teachers tend to over look that last test you failed due to the $500 you saved thm on ther last viset to the auto shop

2. the hot girls that drive beaters, (danzle in destres ) good way to meet and cary a good conversation with the hottys

3. no one realy fucks with you because they know the shop is 5 ft away from the parking lot and you have many tools of destruction (oxagen acetaline cutting torch ) were its only a small trip to get pay backs

what is the world coming to???
Old 08-23-2001, 11:25 PM   #58
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

all the girls at my school drive their parents cars which are always really nice cars... one girl drives an S600 everyday to school, it's not a new one but the older square light one, she's one of my friends and she complains about it looking old and ugly....... every time she says that i wanna slap her! it's only like a 1995

hehe when you said grease monkey that reminded me of puddy from seinfeld, hahah, he's the best....

from the dealership episode, when puddy's tryin to get jerry a good deal on a saab, when he's workin as sales guy

Jerry: So, this is like a step up from grease monkey
puddy: I don't care for that term

hmmmm, it's not funny when it's written.... damn it, it's funny on the show

Jerry: Have you noticed that puddy has developed some annoying habits?
elaine: What? The squinting? The constant staring?
Jerry: No, i was thinkin of the high five... he wants to give me one every chance he gets....

[when elaine dumps puddy (again) at the dealership]
puddy: so let's get back to your yellow car
jerry: WHAT?! I thought it was a black car!
puddy: yeah that's right

puddy's the man, he's so funny he talks so calm all the time, it's hilarious
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-24-2001, 08:00 AM   #59
Heep
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
didn't i say that? the middle people.... the middle people are just every normal person, not high up not low down
Hmm...so you did

Old 08-24-2001, 10:26 AM   #60
dre
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by olds88
hell in high school i was a "grease monkey"

but being a grease monkey can be positive in many ways i will give you three
But the best part about auto shop, hardly any preppies took that class.