Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 05:48 PM   #1
mstudman
AF Newbie

C2 tranny?

The automatic tranny out of my '69 nova 307ci has "C2" in raised letters at the top of the bell housing. This is the only identification I can locate on it. Can anybody fill me in on what this tranny is (2 speed, 3 ect)? This was a street drag car in its past life. Is this thing any good for daily driving or just shit-can it and get a 3 or 4 speed?
mstudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Never heard of a C2 tranny... but that doesnt say much...

Have you driven the car with the tranny? Cause I'd say it would be pretty obvious of how many gears it has... Also if the tranny is out of the car... just shift it using your hand on the linkage.. count the gears.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #3
mstudman
AF Newbie

It's out of the car all right. I try the linkage-by-hand trick ans see if that explains anything.

Here's another questions regarding balancing: Is it better (smoother, less vibration ect) to balance an engine internally or externally?
mstudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #4
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Quote:
Originally posted by mstudman
It's out of the car all right. I try the linkage-by-hand trick ans see if that explains anything.

Here's another questions regarding balancing: Is it better (smoother, less vibration ect) to balance an engine internally or externally?

Well, unless you've got the balancing machine in your garage you've got to take your entire rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons, flexplate and dampener) to a shop to be balanced. Where they put it on this lathe type machine and spin the piss out of your goods and balance the parts.

So yes, its good to have the internal parts balanced. Infact, you're supposed to have the rotating assembly balanced each time you change the type of pistons.

Having all your goods balanced keeps the motor from fighting itself, and reduces vibrations at higher speeds... buncha other neato deals too.

Its just a good idea to do... so to answer your question. Yes it is a good idea to balance your motor. It'll help you out in the long run.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #5
tazz3
AF Regular

it could be a power glide.

cause power gildes are 2 speeds.
but i dont know
the c2 is weid
if the bottom of thepan on the tranny is shaped like teax its a turbo 350
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova