Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
YenkoZL1
AF Newbie

2001 Nissan Maxima A/C Issues

2001 Nissan Maxima 3.0 V6. Manufactured 02/2001. This is a crossover year for the A/C system. The 2nd half of the year the 2001 Model Maxima's were built Nissan went with a little different A/C setup. Mainly the drier/receiver is different. 9" long about 1.25" in diameter and the high pressure switch connects to the condensor not the drier/receiver.

So, long story short, my buddies engine over heated and the top end basicly was replaced. After the the motor was put back together the A/C stopped working. A/C system was exposed for close to 2 months. We replaced the obvious components that shouldn't get exposed to too much moisture. Which were, the receiver/drier, expansion valve and for good measure the high pressure switch. The compressor still works. Still engages when the system is charged. This is after the new components were installed.

Now, the a/c doesn't blow cold just cool. I was wondering if anyone had an idea if anything else in the system might possibly get clogged? There are no leaks in the system. It passed the pressure test. The only thing that seemed weird was the fact that the lower pressure side was a little high? It should be at about 40psi but after charged it was at 70psi. It was about 80 degrees outside when charged at about 7:30 pm at night(AZ). The pressure on the high side was good. Plus, the compressor never seemed to cycle. It just engaged and kept running? Could have been the weather and it didn't need to cycle?

It just seems like something else isnt letting the freon through the system. Any ideas? If it were up to me, I'd just replace whats left of the system, compressor, humidifier, a/c lines and condensor but my buddy prefers to do things 1 step at a time. He hates putting money into his vehicles. But hey, if he just replaced his leaking radiator then none of this would have happened. lol
YenkoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35