Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:26 PM   #1
airpie13
AF Newbie

Price checks...

Hey... I'm 13, and i dont get out very much... I like to stay at home. But, aside from that, my mom said she'd give me 100$ for me to spend on my car (87' 325e) There are a few things on the car i would like to replace... 1.The light bulbs (inside the car... not the ones on the outside) 2.The floor mats, how much would those cost? 3.How much would seat covers be? (Also, a steering wheel cover) 4. How much would a new clutch thing be? The leather on the original one is all ripped... And when i get one, will it be hard to install? And finnally... I probly wont have enough money for this, but i just wanted to know how much new speakers be? Not the WalMart Brands, but not the flashy ones either.

Thanks, AirPie.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
Antiburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Antiburn
Re: Price checks...

You can get all that stuff at pep boys for decently cheap. Lightbulbs run from 30cents to 9 bucks. Interior lights are small so there be in the 30cent to 2$ range. Floor mats, well I never priced them but if you want ones that look like a floor mat but they arnt from the dealer Ide say about 40$. If you try to get mats from the dealer expect more money then you have. Seat covers, again they can run from 20$ for crap upto 70$. Its all how much you want to spend. A new clutch thing? I guess you mean a gear shifter knob? Well you might have to get that from the dealer unless you can find one at a junk yard or a muli fitting one from pep boys. From a junk yard, Ide expect 15 bucks. Pep boys is about the same maybe 25$ or so. Dealer, possibly 80$ I really dont know the exact price on a shifter knob off a 87 325.

Now speakers. If you plan on getting speakers you have to realize the stock system might not put out enough power to run the speakers. There for you would have to get a amp or a whole new head unit. Get one that plays cd's its worth the money. A cd playing head unit can cost 90$ upto 1000$. I got a sony for 120$ free instaliation from circut city.
But if you have all that already and you want speakers they can also run from 40$ upto 150$.
I got 2 6x9 inifnitys for 130 and 2 4x6 infinityys for 60 for one of my cars. Ofcourse infinitys are some of the nicest speakers out there so maybe they arnt for you. I suggest getting some duals, they sounds decent and they arnt to pricy. If you want to price speakers first find out what size they are. Are they round, oval, little ovals, little squares, they could be any size. Little circles even. Once you figure out what size they are you can price what you want at www.circutcity.com They have decent prices and if you have one near you if you spend over 100$ there its free install.
Antiburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
jbutton
AF Newbie

let me know what light bulbs you need. I work for a lighting distributor and will be happy to send you the bulbs you need free of charge. (they cost us about .02)
jbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:28 AM   #4
airpie13
AF Newbie

Ok thanks. I have to find out tho... I found some book on the car i have so i have to read it... I wonder if i can do a book report for school on it???
Old 07-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #5
jbutton
AF Newbie

It is worth a try. As long as your teacher has a sense of humor. You might want to have a back-up prepared just in case.
jbutton is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series