Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 06:42 PM   #31
silverroadster
AF Newbie

Z,
I like everything you suggest with the possible exception of the interior changes. I kinda like the brushed aluinium bits. Mind if I ask the source of this great information.

By the way I have to amit I'm glad to hear that they may tone down the front grill a bit.
Old 05-13-2001, 10:35 PM   #32
Z250R
AF Newbie

I would hate to see the interior change esp the seats. I also like the exhaust in the middle that isn't something you see much of I've only seen the viper with this done. aslo are the lights on the mirriors that alum strip on the front or are they turn signal lights? Yes please tell us where you heard this. Thanks Z!
Z250R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:26 PM   #33
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NissanZ@af
I agree with you guys on this. I think it'll be a shame that the interior will change, as it looks really nice on the concept Z. I think exhaust on the sides will look better than in the middle, but it of course won't be as original as exhaust in the center of the car. The only production cars with exhaust in the middle that come to mind are the Porsche Boxster and the Viper, like Z250R said. I think that the lights on the concept's mirrors are turn signals, but I'm not sure about that. I heard this info from a person who was at Nissan headquarters during a photoshoot of the new Z. The Z they were taking pictures of was silver, and it's supposed to be pretty much like the production version that we'll get in the summer of 2002. I also saw some info on another site, though I can't recall which site I saw the info at.
Old 05-14-2001, 12:11 AM   #34
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Anything that has more horsepower than my current car, is fair game. So yes, I would get it.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:50 PM   #35
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
It's nice to see that Japan's coming out with more and more sports cars nowadays. I was said when all the Japanese super cars of yesterday got the axe. But now with the recent influx of new cars, things are looking better.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 03:23 PM   #36
Adam
AF Enthusiast

like the S2000 gotta love S2K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s2000_800-2.jpg (39.9 KB, 236 views)
Old 05-16-2001, 06:03 PM   #37
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

S2000s are pretty cool, but the Z will be better!
Old 05-22-2001, 04:34 PM   #38
Adam
AF Enthusiast

oh yeah well you can't beat the Zonda!!!!

for only 320,000 dollars more
Old 05-23-2001, 01:21 AM   #39
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
S2K will triumph over the Z
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 01:42 PM   #40
the923
AF Newbie

Invincible S2K

Hey Johhny...

Got anything to back up that claim?
the923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 10:24 AM   #41
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Re: Invincible S2K

Quote:
Originally posted by the923
Hey Johhny...

Got anything to back up that claim?
It'd be hard to prove that one's performance is better than another at this time. We'll have to wait until the new Z comes out to truly see which car is better. I have a feeling that it'll be close, but I think the Z will out-perform the S2000.
Old 05-25-2001, 02:59 PM   #42
Adam
AF Enthusiast

I do...

the S2k looks faster

Old 05-31-2001, 08:49 PM   #43
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Isn't that what Hondas are all about these days? Looking faster? I see more prediction/comparisons strictly concerning performance on the next Z against Porsche's Boxter than with Honda's S2000, but anyways here is my 2 cents on the latter: The S2000 fares well on paper (240 hp @ 8300rpm), but you dont base auto comparisons on horsepower numbers. How much of that power is usable on an everyday basis? Are you really going to be spinning your flywheel near 9 grand at each stoplight? All aspects of a car need to be well balanced, and the Honda seriously lacks in torque (153 lb/ft @7500) simply due to smaller displacement. Yes, we all know it's "amazing but true" that Honda motors have astonishing HP:liter ratios, but without the torque and broad powerband of a 6-cylinder car, driveability is lost.

Even without confirmed power specifications of the next Z, you can EASILY assume that there will be much more than 153 lb/ft of torque; naturally aspirated 6 cylinders generally have their torque and HP numbers close together. Maybe the S2000 is a wonder on the road course, but I'd much rather have a Z for my daily driver. Whether you want to pass someone on the freeway, jump hard from the starting line, or send the aft outwards in a turn, the Z should be capable of doing all with much more ease than the S2000, that is, IF it is powered by anything similar to the VQ35. While the S2000 rides around town like some sort of elitist, the next Z should hold true to its heritage of being a cost-effective FUN car to drive.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:22 PM   #44
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusxiii
Isn't that what Hondas are all about these days? Looking faster? I see more prediction/comparisons strictly concerning performance on the next Z against Porsche's Boxter than with Honda's S2000, but anyways here is my 2 cents on the latter: The S2000 fares well on paper (240 hp @ 8300rpm), but you dont base auto comparisons on horsepower numbers. How much of that power is usable on an everyday basis? Are you really going to be spinning your flywheel near 9 grand at each stoplight? All aspects of a car need to be well balanced, and the Honda seriously lacks in torque (153 lb/ft @7500) simply due to smaller displacement. Yes, we all know it's "amazing but true" that Honda motors have astonishing HP:liter ratios, but without the torque and broad powerband of a 6-cylinder car, driveability is lost.

Even without confirmed power specifications of the next Z, you can EASILY assume that there will be much more than 153 lb/ft of torque; naturally aspirated 6 cylinders generally have their torque and HP numbers close together. Maybe the S2000 is a wonder on the road course, but I'd much rather have a Z for my daily driver. Whether you want to pass someone on the freeway, jump hard from the starting line, or send the aft outwards in a turn, the Z should be capable of doing all with much more ease than the S2000, that is, IF it is powered by anything similar to the VQ35. While the S2000 rides around town like some sort of elitist, the next Z should hold true to its heritage of being a cost-effective FUN car to drive.
Very well said. I agree with morpheusxiii all the way on this one.
Old 06-01-2001, 03:21 PM   #45
Adam
AF Enthusiast

uh...

you don't see my point

I don't care which one is faster, I'd rather have the better looking one. I base the cars I like mostly on looks... who'd wanna drive a car they don't like? wouldn't you rather drive a car you like? I don't really like the Z, not too bad, but I like the S2k MUCH better.