Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
neilmac78
AF Newbie

trans not going into 3rd

i have a 95 talon non turbo a/t and the car has no problem going in to 1st and second gear but it will not shift itself in to 3rd gear. my father had the same problem with his car and when he got it fixed the trans place said it was a bad switch that only allowed the car use 1st and 2nd so that the trans will not get ruined. is there a switch on the a/t talon is so what is the name of it?

is the kickdown servo or the pressure switch it?

any help would be great
neilmac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
lv_sinnerz
AF Newbie

Re: trans not going into 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmac78
i have a 95 talon non turbo a/t and the car has no problem going in to 1st and second gear but it will not shift itself in to 3rd gear. my father had the same problem with his car and when he got it fixed the trans place said it was a bad switch that only allowed the car use 1st and 2nd so that the trans will not get ruined. is there a switch on the a/t talon is so what is the name of it?

is the kickdown servo or the pressure switch it?

any help would be great
Do you have overdrive on the talon? and if so, have you tried turning it off? I have a 1990 Eclipse GS, and the guy who gave it to me said he had the same problem (don't know how much relevancy this will have to you, since yours is a 2g DSM), but he said once he disengaged the OD, he said the tranny went fine. So my thought (and the thought of my friends, both the Honda geek and my F-body/Mustang friend*) are both in agreement that the overdrive cable is just attached wrong.

See if this is what's it, but if not, sorry to waste your time.

* Yeah, he seems not to know what the hell he wants no more!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
neilmac78
AF Newbie

as i was driving it i turned the od switch off but did not help.also the car only allows me to do 45mph and rpms are a 4,000 .
neilmac78 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis