Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
LX98Civic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to LX98Civic
List your CELL PHONE plan HERE!

I'm looking to get a cell phone in the near future (as soon as a job comes through for me )

I'm going to need a plan that I can call from Florida to Georgia and vise versa....
I guess that would be called free long distance and roaming

List you your phone plan, who it's through, and how much it costs you a month....
I would also like to hear opinions on the phone you own and if you like it or not (explain why).

No whoring in this thread either!!

This is serious $h!t :smoker2:

Here's my ideal plan:

$29.99 = Unlimited nights & weekends, 150 anytime minutes, free roaming and calling from Ga to FL (DUH), and I believe call waiting, caller ID, voice mail is pretty much standard now a days

What do you think?

--- --- --- -- Sleeper in the middle -- --- --- ---
LX98Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

You have to read the fine print. "Anytime minutes" don't always mean what it sounds like. I have never heard of free roaming...if you roam and use your phone while doing so, you usually will incur some kind of charge. I am with SPrint PCS and I get 500 minutes during the week and 1000 evening/weekend minutes. I also have wireless web (great for movie times when you are out and don't wanna stop for a paper)...caller ID, voicemail etc. I pay about $50/month. Long distance is about $0.15 a min.

The phone I have right now kinda sucks. It is digital only and sometimes cuts out on me. If I had a dual band (digital and analog) I would be a little better off. Make sure to get a cigarette lighter charger for your phone for the car so you aren't SOL in an emergency. Desktop chargers give a better charge. Car charger is good for a quick charge.

Depending who you go thru, make sure the salesperson goes over what the standard features in each package are..Voicemail and log distance etc. aren't always "standard"
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:02 PM   #3
Rich
Never Fear, Rich is here!

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Our plans up here in Canada probably are alot different. But here is what I have anyways.

I pay $34.99/mo

I get.........

350 Anytime Minutes
Distance Service (meaning I can use my cell at my camp, on Analog mode)

Free Weekends
Call Display
Voicemail

My phone is a Nokia 5125 that ive had for just over a yr now. I origionally bought an Ericsson on the Rogers Pay as you go thing. I wanted to switch it to our local cell provider, but they couldnt do it (I got a lot of techo mumbo-jumbo, that was useless). Anyways, not long later, the phone got broke while at work at the mill, and they coughed up for a new one (it got broke cause of a decision a boss made, and the money ended up coming out of his pocket)

At that point I got the Nokia 5125 and terminated the pay-as-you go service a few weeks later. Overall I am happy with the phone. I have the long-life battery with the vibrating option which is useful for my job inside the mill where its loud.

The phone doesnt have alot of the newest features but is easy to use and has proven to be very durible. Its Tri-mode as well

Charges in a few hours and lasts a LONG time between charges.

My suggestion to you is....Do alot of research. The plans can vary alot, and many companies make you sign up for a service contract with a penalty for dropping it early, so make sure you are happy with what you are getting before you sign.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Sham365

Voicestream

900 minutes.

Anytime, anywhere. No long distance charges, no roaming BS, no free 1st minute crap. Just 900 minutes spent on anywhere in the US, as many calls as I want to make.

$59.99/ month.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:05 PM   #5
kris
Off playing with fire.

Sprint would probably be the best for calling long distance, since they dont have long distance charges.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 09:35 PM   #6
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Swonder67
Re: List your CELL PHONE plan HERE!

Quote:
Originally posted by LX98Civic

Here's my ideal plan:

$29.99 = Unlimited nights & weekends, 150 anytime minutes, free roaming and calling from Ga to FL (DUH), and I believe call waiting, caller ID, voice mail is pretty much standard now a days

What do you think?
I have Verizon: $29.99 a month, 2500 night and weekend minutes (it's basically unlimited) 180 anytime minutes, caller id, call waiting, but all that shit comes with digital.
Swonder67 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic