Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 02:20 PM   #91
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
fords problems is not there engine number kinda impressive to me its there wheel numbers most of the time the mustang gt will loss 100 hp through its drivetrain.
Ehhh....whaaaaaaaaaat the hell? Were you drunk when you wrote that? Made noooooooooooooooo sense at all, but I think I know what you were getting at. I think you were saying the engines weren't bad, just the drivetrain sucks. I think the whole damn car sucks ass. Tell me one thing that is impressive about mustangs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
Ford still makes powerful engines and I will give you evidence of that. Next year they are coming out with a crate 5.0 V8 420 horsepower engine. I believe it is not supercharged nor comes with a turbo. It is a regular V8 engine and it gives to show you that V8 engines have potential. Probably cost an arm and a leg to buy but if I had the chance to get it, I'd grab it.
Yea yea yea....Ford has a 420 HP engine. Wheee. Chevy has a 700+ hp (I believe 720 hp) crate engine called the ZZ2 or something like that. I dunno...it's chevy...don't know chevy...just remember seeing a commercial for it. I can buy a damn RB26DETT off ebay for $7,000 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33615 WOULD I buy one off ebay....maybe.....maybe not....but I could)...why would I wanna buy a POS ford engine.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-27-2003, 04:04 PM   #92
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
yea thats just what i meant there drive train sucks.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:17 PM   #93
z33guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to z33guy
wow, this thread turned to shit before it even started
Old 11-27-2003, 09:35 PM   #94
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan
Re: 350z Sucks!

where is that gay svtcobra007x?? Did he pussy out that fast?? fag... He's proly just looking for another car to replace the S7,just like he did when he found out the stangs aint shit!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:31 AM   #95
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

well obviously i dont think i can explain very well what im trying to get at with the whole cylinders n power thing.... so im just gonna screw that thing over

n/e wayz, yeah the first gen wankle rotars were pretty shakey... when mazda first started using them, they were considered the least reliable JAPANESE car company, BUT still more reliable than ford.... the rotary was the size of a 4 cylinder, put out power like a 6 cylinder, n ate gas like an 8 cylinder... but they have been improving it ever since... and the only thing about about it that i can think of is reliabuility you say its good but i have heard otherwise... yes, though it may have very little moving parts... think of the friction of the rotary compared to a clyinder... clyinders are smooth and slide along the sides, but there are many moving parts, rotaries on the other hand... the edges have to rub along the side causing it to wear down faster than a usually car, but im betting that they will get this problem fixed sometime soon... hell, maybe they already did with the rx8, but i dont think there are many rx8's with over 150,000 mi on it to test it out

also, i dont think this guy knos how much $400,000 dollars is and what you could buy with it.... and does he mean fastest modified or fastest stock?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:11 AM   #96
svtcobra007x

Re: Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho_nissan
u forgot the skyline has a big brother named R390 Gt1!Just give it up fool! First you started out with a pussy ass stang,Then we showed you how its nothin against a NA V6,and u have to get other cars in this..

No actually dipshit I was comparing the S7 to the R390 Gt1. Better start reading the past posts before you post something that makes you look like an idiot. Look up the damn stats and stop looking at how long the title of the car is. 15 y/o huh?..........how can you make comments like these when you havent had hardly any driving experience........that last post you made definitely verified your age(sounded like you're in seventh grade).

How did you show that the stang is nothing against a Z, i dont think you contributed to the cause, at least im trying and not making smart ass comments. Depends what your comparing. Most of this is based on speed.

Stock Mustang vs Z Nissan Wins
Mustang GT vs Z Nissan wins
Svt 2003 Cobra vs Z Mustang wins
SVT 2000 Cobra R vs Z Mustang wins
Saleen S-281 vs Z Mustang Wins
Saleen 2-281-E vs Z Mustang wins
Saleen SR(Yup its a stang) vs Z Mustang Wins
Steeda Mustang(any type) vs Z Mustang wins
Rousche Mustang (ONe of the fastest ones) vs Z Mustang wins
Popularity Mustang Wins
American Muscle Mustang wins
Kick ass 2005 model Mustang wins

Not enough Z models to compare with......Mustang has more of a variety, which is a definite advantage. I don't know how much the above would change if a turbo was put on the Z. Maybe a couple if not none.

Give me credit people..........im brave enough to argue this in a Nissan forum..............if I were in a Ford forum, their arguments would be completely more positive toward the Mustang then the Z. But in this Nissan forum, I'm experiencing the complete opposite.

Last edited by svtcobra007x; 11-28-2003 at 01:42 AM.

Old 11-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #97
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

Oh for real?? I sound like A 7TH grader. B!tch you say your 17 and also sound like a 7th grader. It doesnt take balls to come argue in the nissan forum,it takes stupidity! Why cant you stop bringin up the "2004-05 stang"..I dont see any 2005 mustangs out there! Maybe you should just get your hating ass out of here. Your gonna loose anyway! And it's like the special olympics,even if you win,ur still retarded...
Old 11-28-2003, 07:28 PM   #98
svtcobra007x

Nacho, your last post was probably the worst post in the few posts that you have ever made at automotiveforums.com. Not criticizing, but start "b!tching" about cars instead of "b!tching" about people.

"It doesnt take balls to come argue in the nissan forum,it takes stupidity!".......................How does it take stupidity? The reason i am arguing in this forum is because if you looked at the title "350Z Sucks!", it shows a very controversial issue where I can make arguments left and right.

"Why cant you stop bringin up the "2004-05 stang"..I dont see any 2005 mustangs out there!"........................No shit there's no 2005 Mustangs out there yet but relatively close. I'm bringing it up because it's going to be a big mark in their history. First of all its a celebration of 40 years of Mustang and Ford is coming out with a completely new model. Yea a new model that you might not hate as much(throwback to the late 60's, early 70's). Comes with more horses than the current standard and GT Mustang.

"Your gonna loose anyway!"..........................No i'm not going to "loose"...more evidence of age. There is no losing in these forums unless you run out of ways to mod your car to be the toughest and the fastest out on the road than another car. There is so much you can do that it seems like no one will ever run out of ways to mod their cars.

"And it's like the special olympics,even if you win,ur still retarded..."...................LOL. You know what, I'm going to make one for you(just Nacho)...And its like posting in a forum, even if you post, you're still a dumbass

Old 11-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #99
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

that last comment doesnt make n/e sense at all
Old 11-28-2003, 11:38 PM   #100
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rizzspeed

Wow!
This is an interesting topic. You guys sure have gone at it pretty well. SVTCobra007x and LongLivetheZ, you guys are doing a pretty good job of comparison and keeping this debate alive. Congrats, I don't think I could've argued this long. LOL

Anyway, let me throw in my .02.

First off, if you're gonna compare cars, let's do like the magazines do. Let's compare the cars based on price. Ultimately that's what it's all about in the long run anyway. Since that's how we come up with classes for the cars and to keep things sorta fair.

The cobra mustangs and above are NOT comparable to the Z in it's stock form. The non-modified Z's and non-modified mustangs are the only ones comparable because of their non-modified status.

Now if you want to compare the Z to modified mustangs you should allow the Z the oppurtunity to make up the price difference. Since you're paying more for a modified car, it's only fair to compare it to another modified car. Once you do that you will see that the comparison changes. The companies that SVTCobra mentions, make their own versions of the mustangs. Nissan doesn't have that, so technically it's not comparable. But there is the aftermarket. So with comparable parts, like say the supercharger, the Nissan will have the edge. The Ford-based companies sell their versions basically with an 'add-on' package, right? You buy the mustang, then they send it out to get the 'conversion' done and you get it back. Or something similiar. Some dealerships might keep some in stock, I'm not sure on the details. My point is whatever is included in the Ford-based 'package' and it's cost should be reflected in the Nissan. If the Cobra package costs $10K, allow the Nissan $10K in similar mods. If the Mustang receives power mods along with suspension mods or aero, then the Z deserves the same to equal everything out. You can't compare a $40,50,or 60K car to a $30K car. You just can't. If you want to mention a $400K car, then you have to compare it with another $400k car or allow the price difference in mods. Like it was said before, you can't compare apples and oranges.

I'll apologize in advance to SVTCobra. The Nissan Skyline and the 350Z will be the better car in this respect. The Skyline, when first introduced, actually caused the demise of a whole championship series in Japan because the other car manufacturers couldn't compete. The deemed the car 'unbeatable.' The 350Z's power potential is still untapped because of the relative newness of the engine. The 350Z like its predecessors will prove its worth.

As far as the new Mustang that's on the horizon. I certainly hope the best for Ford. My experience with them (Ford) is quite lackluster. I also have known some people that have returned their SVT Cobras because of their lack of power. The rating that the manufacturer gives for their vehicles is at the flywheel. Unfortunately, what registers at the wheels is usually quite different. The Nissan 350Z states 287HP. Put it on a dyno though, you'll be looking at anywhere from 230-255hp at the wheels. It differs from car to car, of course. Unfortunately for Ford, their cars do much worse. I've seen losses of upto and including a 100hp loss from stated flywheel specs to the wheels. Either that transmission is extremely ineffecient and the driveshaft extremely heavy or the engine's not producing said spec. Bang for the buck is only reserved for the Mustang when comparing it to other domestics.

Just because others prefer imports to domestics doesn't mean that they're better. The Mustangs sell a number that I guarntee you that Nissan wishes it could meet with the Z. But the Z is a 'better bang for the buck',right? True, but society still holds the notion that American made is better. So, I say it's true. Why do I say that? Because it gives Americans jobs. But you also have to remember that most Nissans, Toyotas, and Hondas are made and sold right here in America as well. Japanese manufacturers have car assembly plants right here in the U.S. They employ American union workers, while some domestic car manufacturers have exported their jobs to places like Mexico and other Central American countries. While I don't mind that too much since I myself, am Hispanic and originate from one of those Central American countries, it kinda puts a damper on your arguement that American made is better.

LongLivetheZ does have a point. I know it's kinda hard to see through all the obscenities and put downs but it's there. You can't just look at one particular category when you compare cars. Sure 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times are important, but they are only a fraction of the overall picture. That's like saying you'll buy an old rusted out and non-running car just because the seats are soft. You're missing everything else just because you're so focused on what's important to you. If you'd read an article on car comparison, you'd notice that when they compare cars they look at many aspects of all the cars. 0-60, 1/4 mile, skidpad, slalom, 60-0, and so on. So you kinda have to look past some of those numbers for the 'whole package.'

Most ppl don't buy a car based on 2 categories of it's performance. Would you buy a car that had great 0-60 and 1/4 mile times if it was shaped like a giant ass and handled like a wheelbarrow? I know it's an extreme analogy but it gets the point across.

Ok, I think I'm done with my novel now.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #101
NISMO LMR
Banned

damn Rizz. Get ur ass back over to Zdriver.com, your scaring these poor ppl. haha
Old 11-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #102
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

Just trying to spread some knowledge.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:14 AM   #103
NISMO LMR
Banned

Haha, well you certainly did. haha
Old 11-29-2003, 01:18 AM   #104
svtcobra007x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
that last comment doesnt make n/e sense at all
Absolutely correct because why would my last post make sense when the post I was criticizing didn't make sense. See what I mean. Its hard to make sense out of a comment that never made sense to begin with. Keeps you thinking..............

Thanx for adding your 2 cents rizz. At least you didn't say anything overly negative about either the Mustang or the Z. But I want to mention that I just don't look at speed(though I like to argue about it here), but I look at how the car looks, how the car sounds, and how cool I would look to other people watching me cruise around the streets. If there was a car that looked extremely shitty to me but it was the fastest on the planet, I wouldn't buy it because of speed. If I had to choose between a shitty-lookin fast car and an eye candy average-speed car, I would choose the sporty lookin average-speed car. As long as it has decent acceleration, I would buy it.

Old 11-29-2003, 01:25 AM   #105
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

So which of those two categories do you consider the Mustang and Z to be in? The Z is definitely a looker. Always has been always will be. The Mustang on the other had,imo, is quite dated. Still reminds me more of the older boxy versions then something modern. I guess that's why Ford finally decided to revamp it. Although, it's a bit too 'retro' for me. The conservative, non-imaginative direction that Ford went with doesn't surprise me though. The domestic car companies aren't really known for their risk taking or extravagant designs.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe