Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:17 AM   #196
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rizzspeed
Re: 350z Sucks!

[quote=Hypsi87]wow......interesting....... The mustang is weak right off the showroom floor. Except the '03 cobras. I'm not going to talk about roush or steeda or saleen for two reasons. Your not going to get the power speed or respect out of your Z for the same ammount of money. Number two, ford does not make the horsepower in the roushes or the saleen etc... '03 cobras are the shit. Man some of you Nissan guys need to back off a bit. You some of you guys are acting like you have a bad case of small mans syndrome. So what If someone says a car is faster than yours blah blah blah.....QUOTE]

Ok to start this off, I just have one question. Have you read this thread from beginning to end? This thread started and heated up over the fact that we were comparing the modified mustangs and a stock Z. We finally got past that part and SVTcobra finally conceded that we couldn't compare a modified vs. a stock car.
As far as speed and respect for the Z goes, if you're comparing it to a car that you love and think 'rules' or whatever, respect is automatically implied.
Some of us 'Nissan guys' were only annoyed because of the ufair comparisons made. I think it's great that the mustang is available in so many forms. Choice is great. When you start to compare cars that have a vast range in price that obviously is the reason there is a difference in performance, that's where the problem begins. Like I said before if you're going to compare the two cars you have to do it in the same price range or allow the less expensive vehicle the same amount of dollars in performance upgrades. I certainly expect a mustang with over $10,20 or 30K of performance mods to outdo a stock Z. That'd be like me saying that a race car should be compared to a stock car, it obviously isn't a fair comparison.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #197
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
I thought that horse was 6ft under

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:05 PM   #198
rizzspeed
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rizzspeed

Wishful thinking on all our parts. LOL
Old 12-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #199
svtcobra007x

One more thing, LonglivetheZ, did you even find my quote that is in your sig? I looked and I just couldn't find it...........maybe you should be banned. But I really don't care.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #200
9ball
AF Regular

Wow, what a long thread! A pretty rediculous one but man, it really got everyone's panties up in a bunch.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #201
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

the thread in the mustang section is ready.."Mustang vs Nissan",all of you are welcome!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #202
97dropcobra
AF Newbie

If i had the money at the time the cars that i would look at to buy would be the 03 Cobra for sure, the track Z, Subaru STI, or the Lancer EVO...In a couple years when I'm looking to buy a new car I'll be looking at these cars although if the rumors about the 2006 Cobra are true then I might wait for that car. Heard something about 500 hp.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:40 PM   #203
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
There are tons of rumors about the new mustang...I'll believe what I see, when I see it.

The WRXs...I wouldn't get one. The trannys aren't made for that kind of power. Couple friend's of mine had those cars...went through 3 trannys in 6 months. Not bad drivers or anything...the trannys are made for their sedan.

Evos are waaaaaaaaaay over priced. That and they're ugly as all sin...

I wouldn't be able to live with my self if I bought a $30,000+ mustang.

Don't get the track Z. Too expensive. Get the Performance or the Base. Base is lightest and I think the Performance is the best for the buck.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #204
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

There are tons of rumors about the new mustang...I'll believe what I see, when I see it.

The WRXs...I wouldn't get one. The trannys aren't made for that kind of power. Couple friend's of mine had those cars...went through 3 trannys in 6 months. Not bad drivers or anything...the trannys are made for their sedan.

I wouldn't get the track Z. Too expensive. Get the Performance or the Base. Base is lightest (none of them vary all that much, but still) and I think the Performance is the best for the buck...you get the bad ass rims, the VDC, Traction control, tire pressure models, and good headlights without all the extra cost or stuff you don't need/want.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #205
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I wouldn't get the track Z. Too expensive. Get the Performance or the Base. Base is lightest (none of them vary all that much, but still) and I think the Performance is the best for the buck...you get the bad ass rims, the VDC, Traction control, tire pressure models, and good headlights without all the extra cost or stuff you don't need/want.

You finally deleted that dumb ass statement you made, SVT...about damn time.

Old 12-06-2003, 06:49 PM   #206
svtcobra007x

Wow, talk about post happy..............Basically to sum up your last 3 posts, you hate all cars except Nissan. But then again, it only makes sense.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #207
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

svtcobra,i hvent seen you in my thread in the mustang forums,where are you man??
Old 12-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #208
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Yea. I just like posting. Makes my "# of posts" number bigger. <shrug> Why not?

I don't hate all cars...I hate shitty cars. It's the guidelines for the definition of "shitty" that varies...

Old 12-15-2003, 03:11 PM   #209
svtcobra007x

Nice quote in your sig there LongLive. Why don't you tell that guy to read the Mustang vs. Nissan thread in car comparisons and see how everyone owned you.

Mod for Mod, you still didn't win. It may be a nice car, but Mustang is still the top dog and always will be.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #210
350Zyprexa
AF Newbie

Wow!, this server is slow.

Mustang....yuk!!! I mean really, does it come with a free mullett?

Z, cheap and fun, tiding me over until the 911Turbo...yeah

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe