Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:36 PM   #181
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan
Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
You see my point on Nacho proven..........
This has nothing to do with the mustangs or 350z's...
I asked this because of some other idiot claiming 350hp on these engines,just trying to get the right #'s.
But this has nothing to do with mustangs u dumb fuck! Camaros are more respectful cars...They dont need saleen to help them make their cars faster well anyway,i want us to start a new thread like this one in the mustang section...Let's see if they know a little bit more than just "wait for the 2005 mustang!"
Old 12-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #182
svtcobra007x

Actually Nacho I am implying that that was one the fastest 2 valve stock GT for the Mustangs. Remember just the Mustangs. It does hold a candle if not better than some of the cars posted here.

" Dude this shows that people can mod cars to be some of the fastest in the world"...........................Yea I said that and did I say it is the fastest in the world? No I didn't Nacho.....it just goes to show you if people can take a basic Mustang like this and mod it to be superb and powerful at the same time making damn close to some of the fastest 1/4 miles(7.16 is good), than I am saying that it is very easy for other cars to do the same thing.

I am looking at a broad perspective and saying this for all cars that have the potential.............but it is kinda obvious.........

Old 12-03-2003, 07:00 PM   #183
svtcobra007x

Well if the Corvette were more respectful cars.........then they would out sell the Mustang, but they don't. Most people find all the power they need with the standard and GT Mustang. Then you got those people craving for more power and they will pay a few extra bucks on a Cobra. Then you got those people who want performance while having style and so they go with the Saleen. Then you got those people who like to race so they go with Steeda, Rouche, and Outlaw. It is actually not a bad system(great advantage), it is cool because there are so many different versions of the Stang which doesn't make it so blah like some other cars you see all the time that have one model. They should put more style into the Z, but maybe history never changes the future.

I find the Corvette to be overpriced. That is the reason why you don't see most of them out on the road but on the dealers lot. And your Saleen theory does not work well. They didnt take over them to help Ford, they took them on by themself hoping to create a sweet Mustang that will attract more people to it kinda like the Shelby did with the GT500. Personally if I had to choose between the Saleen 281-E and the 2003 Corvette, they cost basically in the same price range, I'd choose S-281E considering it puts out 495 horses compared to the Corvette's 405. Then again, horses do not mean everything.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:08 PM   #184
svtcobra007x

Question

Guys this is getting dull and boring. Lets just end it because there is absolutely no way any of us can conclude which car is better. There are just so many factors to it.

Ill never admit to any car being faster because if i do we are justing going to replay the same thing............

Old 12-03-2003, 08:43 PM   #185
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan

Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
HA...wow...I see a guy in a Nissan and I think "hey...it's another Nissan ass hole". Just about EVERY person I've EVER known that had a Nissan was a dick head.

Very nice quote longlivetheZ
Old 12-03-2003, 08:54 PM   #186
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

i agree with nacho.. we should start a new post in the mustang section that has actual knowledge of cars other than repeating themselves for 11 pages saying the same thing over and over... "the saleen, the mach 1 blah blah blah blah blah... the mach 1 will own ne rice car"

ok so maybe this isnt a nissan but earlier u were talking about supras n since we are on the subject on ALL japanese cars since u brought it up a couple pages back and you ARE talking about a car that comes out THREE years later after the 350z... u state that the mach has over 300hp... GOOD FOR UR ASS... can i enlighten you that toyota has confirmed their new supra that should be coming out in a few years?? and that it has 400 hp and guess wut... ITS N/A... so dont start that... ricers need forced induction blah blah blah crap.... hmm now wut were u saying about the mach 1?
Old 12-03-2003, 09:28 PM   #187
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
i agree with nacho.. we should start a new post in the mustang section that has actual knowledge of cars other than repeating themselves for 11 pages saying the same thing over and over... "the saleen, the mach 1 blah blah blah blah blah... the mach 1 will own ne rice car"

ok so maybe this isnt a nissan but earlier u were talking about supras n since we are on the subject on ALL japanese cars since u brought it up a couple pages back and you ARE talking about a car that comes out THREE years later after the 350z... u state that the mach has over 300hp... GOOD FOR UR ASS... can i enlighten you that toyota has confirmed their new supra that should be coming out in a few years?? and that it has 400 hp and guess wut... ITS N/A... so dont start that... ricers need forced induction blah blah blah crap.... hmm now wut were u saying about the mach 1?
Hey man,if you wanna go head and start it,I'll be there,and maybe we can get all the nissan people over there,or put that in the car comparison section...
Old 12-03-2003, 11:02 PM   #188
Hypsi87
I got your v-8 swingin!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
wow......interesting....... The mustang is weak right off the showroom floor. Except the '03 cobras. I'm not going to talk about roush or steeda or saleen for two reasons. Your not going to get the power speed or respect out of your Z for the same ammount of money. Number two, ford does not make the horsepower in the roushes or the saleen etc... '03 cobras are the shit. There are two cars that I am very picky about racing on the street in street trim. New cobra, and the Z06 vette. I have seen many cobras run high 11's on stock street tires with just about 1k worth of mods, they are the new Grand National, real fast for little ammounts of money. I've never raced a Z, but I have raced a STI and an Evo 8 and won. I would not be too worried about an sti if I had a cobra. Man some of you Nissan guys need to back off a bit. You some of you guys are acting like you have a bad case of small mans syndrome. So what If someone says a car is faster than yours blah blah blah..... There are people who say that there car is faster than mine but I'm not too worried about it, and some of them are it is a fact of life something will be better than what you have. And these two cars can be compared all cars can be compared. Once you build a car to race it is comparable with all other cars that peolpe are racing. You chose your platform and your engine etc. and you go from there. Don't tell me you would not race a mustang if you had a Z or vise versa just because it is a diffrent class of car. racing is comparing. After saying all of that SCREW YOUR MUSTANG AND SCREW YOUR 350Z GIVE ME A TURBO BUICK AND LETS BRING IT ON!!!!

Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Old 12-04-2003, 02:26 AM   #189
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
I like what Skyline said, didnt criticize anyone but stayed with the facts and the obvious.

LonglivetheZ, you didn't end it there. That guy basically took his current car and modified that to the rim, I'm sure if I took take a Mach1 and mod it to the rim, the results could produce the same to his Z. Anyone can take an average car and make it perform like a jet. For god sakes the guy even put NItrous oxide in his engine. Of course it's going to get good times, Nitrous is so cheap to produce faster times. Take Nitrous out of it and then see what happens. Hell maybe I should put some nitrous oxide in the Saleen SR. But who cares about NOS............

Actually Longlive this will make you shit in your pants. Try to get a Nissan to do a quarter mile in mid 8's. Check this site out.

http://www.modularpower.com/wordlsfastest.htm
8.74 @ 156+mph. over 1000 horses!
World fastest 2 valve stock GT Mustang. Yea it looks as if it does hold a candle to the Z and Supra. Dude this shows that people can mod cars to be some of the fastest in the world. Its so obvious and your last post was a waste, went on and on about your opinions of how sweet the Z is, and of course you never said one thing good about the Mustang.

Dont worry I have overlooked modded Mustangs by people and there are a whole lot more out there...so we are probably not going to get anywhere with this...both the Z and the Mustang can be modded highly.........it all comes down to opinions, which car do you like better.
First off...concerning his sig...go to post #107 and you will see what I actually said. You should be banned for intentially misquoting someone.

Come on, Nacho...do you really think I'd post that when *I DROVE A NISSAN FOR 3 YEARS!?*

As for those 2 cars: I'm very surprised to see those. Goes to show that anything can be made fast. Come on, though...They've been COMPLETELY REBUILT...they're less of a mustang then the Saleen stuff. I bet the second one doesn't even have the same engine as when it was bought. If you want to talk about that kind of crap, I got those too.

That car runs very low 7s. If you look over to the left right under that particular car, there's another one that's running 8s. (Source: http://www.bway.net/~alabrado/Z/) In fact, if you read that page, they actually talk about that SGP car that's running 10s. He's going for 9s now. The real kicker....*IT'S AN AUTOMATIC!*

That car runs 7.40 at 184 mph. (Source: http://www.evotuners.com/nira10212001_p5.htm)

However shocking those cars are, I'm talking about daily drivers. That Kyle guy on the SGP site drives that car every day and I'm willing to bet he didn't pay an arm and a leg for the thing. You know some serious coin went into those mustangs. The one mustang, while being technically street legal, is impossible to drive on a daily basis...even on a weekends only basis would be nearly impossible. The guy was talking about "how he brought it out once". The other mustang is even further along then the first one. Remember when I was talking about how you could gear a car to do what ever you want? These are good examples...the second one especially...thing has a 2 speed transmission. It'll do the quarter and I'm willing to bet that that's it. After that, it's done...no more gear.

Svt....you've been so many times in this forum, that it really is getting quite old now. This thread can go on forever. Whenever you'd like to quit, go ahead. Now I .

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-04-2003, 09:54 AM   #190
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

longlivetheZ,what do u think if we do this thread in the mustang section? ghetto7o2azn agrees that we should...And im sure drifter guy will be glad to help us....
Old 12-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #191
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
When start your posts with this:

"This is kind of pathetic how you guys are all talking about the Nissan Z because i looked up the specs and it does not have the horsepower or 0-60 time that other cars have. Im a die hard Mustang fan and if you check out the Mustang Cobra specs or the Saleen specs, then you will know that no Nissan will smoke a Mustang."

You are asking for trouble. You should have a little more experiance with cars, before making statements like that.

All cars have there good points and there bad points, yes all cars.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:10 PM   #192
svtcobra007x

Alright people I guess it is time to close the story. Yes your right about that statement Skyline. I learned my lesson from making statements like that when I wasn't as familiar with the car because it you do, then it causes a nightmare.

The point is, LonglivetheZ is right about being able to take any car, do whatever you can to it, and it can be as fast as you want it to be. So if we are now comparing Nissan Z and Mustangs that run in low 7's and 8's, then its time to say that comparing them is not going to matter anymore. Like I said before, its your opinion and no one should be able to change it. I think they are both great fast cars. I'm not dissing either of them.......I just happen to like Ford and a few of their sports cars. They are still a respectful company though, they still own the Ford GT and they own Jaguar. They are improving on the quality of their cars.

About that sig, remove it, just because I didnt bow down to the Z doesnt mean you have to keep it there. Lets remove our quotes and get on with it............

I would like to see some posting in the Ford forum........what you guys were talking about.

Last edited by svtcobra007x; 12-04-2003 at 07:14 PM.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:19 PM   #193
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

see how easy it was to recognize the 350z was a great car! Why did ya'll have to go through 13 pages?
Old 12-04-2003, 09:57 PM   #194
NISMO LMR
Banned

... DROP IT! Everyone has their own taste... I like 300's, other likes Civics, some like GS-T's, some like Muscle... Just chill man, this worlds stressfull enough! Haha... Actually dont, its kinda fun to watch
Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 AM   #195
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho_nissan
longlivetheZ,what do u think if we do this thread in the mustang section? ghetto7o2azn agrees that we should...And im sure drifter guy will be glad to help us....
I say bring it on. I'm like a foreign car freedom fighter...I must defend my trusted Nissans from the Ford and Chevy ass holes out there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineUSA
When start your posts with this:

"This is kind of pathetic how you guys are all talking about the Nissan Z because i looked up the specs and it does not have the horsepower or 0-60 time that other cars have. Im a die hard Mustang fan and if you check out the Mustang Cobra specs or the Saleen specs, then you will know that no Nissan will smoke a Mustang."

You are asking for trouble. You should have a little more experiance with cars, before making statements like that.

All cars have there good points and there bad points, yes all cars.
I agree about the asking for trouble part. Of course you're setting yourself up to get torn down haaaaaaaard core when you make stupid statements...isn't that right, SVT. Don't think I just like to bash people...in fact...it isn't my goal to bash people at all...I just hate to see ignorant statements and just let them go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
see how easy it was to recognize the 350z was a great car! Why did ya'll have to go through 13 pages?
HA...that rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO LMR
... DROP IT! Everyone has their own taste... I like 300's, other likes Civics, some like GS-T's, some like Muscle... Just chill man, this worlds stressfull enough! Haha... Actually dont, its kinda fun to watch
Ha. In all honesty...I prefer the 300ZXTT over the 350Z. The 300's are just such a beautiful car with such potential that I just couldn't justify spending the ~30G for a 350. Can't beat a 300ZXTT for about 15G. My mood changes day to day as far as one or the other goes...oh well.

As for the sig...you should still be banned, you little bastard. You intentially misquoted me. I don't care if I do have you in my sig or not. I didn't even say what is in your sig. For that reason, I don't really care about your sig all that much...besides...no one but me reads your posts anyway other than for laughs.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe