Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 06:08 AM   #16
LZRACING
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

Don't worry 50% or more of that garbage that is inside the engine bay you don't need it to make the car run, this means more space. If longer exhaust manifold tubes are needed you can compensated with equal lenght tubes , different turbine trim or ball bearing chartridge to reduce turbo lag. Everything can be done as long as you are not afraid of changing the " original " status of the car.
LZRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #17
bobo_80
AF Regular

Talking

its silver...!!...^^ ....ordering mine in 2 months.....hahahhahaha
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:55 AM   #18
skylinegtr34
AF Regular

well nismo is offering parts. you can order them here http://www.nismo.com
skylinegtr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:10 PM   #19
Spazpilot
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Malthus

I found this on another forum. It's a scan of a page from a Japanese car magazine "Xacar." Take a good look. That looks identical to the 350Z engine bay, with a very similar engine setup, only different to accomodate turbocharging. From the setup and the use of the word "Turbo" as opposed to Twin Turbo, I'd say it's a single turbo or perhaps Twin in a sequential setup. Apparently this was spotted at a show somewhere and there were issues with lag or something. I can't read Japanese, so I had to take the person who posted it's word for that. Anyway, I just about had a stroke when I saw it. I'm not planning on getting a 350Z until 2004 and I planned to put custom twins on it, but now that there's the chance of a factory turbo, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin...

****Edited****
I'm just finding out now that the caption actually reads: "space is a factor in the FM platform engine bay, and the turbo Stagea suffers from turbo lag because of the long turbo plumbing. If the new Z were to have twin turbos, it would likely suffer the same problem." :cry: I'm sorry to anybody (like me) who saw this and got excited.

If you look at the picture the is no turbo on that car and there are already 3 different turbo kits for the car soon to be released.
Spazpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:23 PM   #20
mikez
AF Newbie

Got my Z last week..

My good friend owns a performance shop. He does alot of custom turbos, exhaust etc. We are currently pricing out turbos for my car, and will most likely have done in a few months. He has rented a booth at a few of the Import shows so we are hoping that the Z will be ready by next spring. The bottle will be going in next month and so is the APEXi computer. Ill keep you posted
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 07:54 AM   #21
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #22
mikez
AF Newbie

Yeah I saw that..NICE!!!
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 07:59 PM   #23
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
A car with this much of a buzz and as awesome of a platform?....of COURSE there will be assloads of parts. Everytime I think about the 350Z, I think to myself, yea...I could drop a third of the price for a 350 on a Z32TT, drop another third of that price on mods, and have a car that would slaughter a Z06 Vette for under half the price....then I see the 350....such a bad ass car.

Have no fear...there will be more aftermarket parts then you'll know what to do with, man.
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:51 PM   #24
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Here's a little info for you Z lovers that will brighten your day to know that real/true power is just around the corner:

This may be of future use to you if you're into this kinda thing with your car:

Alpine Developments Aqua-cooled Supercharger Kits for 2002+ Maxima and I35
Hey guys. Jay and I attended the 2002 SEMA Show in Las Vegas this month and we're please to inform you of this great news. One of the manufacturers that we visited, Alpine Developments, has in developement (and planned to be CARB Certified) and Aqua-cooled Supercharger Kit for the 3.5L V6 Nissan Maxima... along with the 2002 V6 Altima, 2003 350Z, 2002 Infiniti G35, and Infiniti I35. The estimated time that the kits will be available is in March 2003. The future GD price along with the actual MSRP is still not available but we're trying hard to get some kind of figures by the end of November. Stay tuned because we will be pumping info on this thread and the Group Deal thread when we receive it.

Also... In case you know someone... Alpine Developments will also have Turbo w/intercooler Kits for the 2.5L Inline-4 2002-03 Sentra SE-R Spec-V and the 2.5L Inline-4 2002 Altima unveiling in February 2003.

This is from a thread over at www.maxima.org

Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:57 PM   #25
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

That thread I posted earlier was from around November, since then I read over at www.maxima.org that they were still working out some bugs and that you can expect the Turbo/Aquachargers by June.

Here's some info about Turbo/Aquachargers in general on their site:

http://www.alpine-developments.co.za/turbo_charge.htm
Can't wait to see some of you guys Turboed and the videos make sure you send me a PM when you get them installed.
Peace out
Old 05-06-2003, 09:22 AM   #26
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
you said they were using sequential turbochargers. Well that could be one reason for turbo lag since you are running two turbos on 3 cylinders......thats your problem right there lol.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:57 PM   #27
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclipse///Rage
The Aftermarket Comunity For The 350Z Will Be Huge...
They are waiting just like us... to take a car and start tweaking it and putting bolt on's, and makin a fast car even faster....
Yes there Is gunna be alot of attention headed toward the 350Z....
Superchargers, Turbochargers, Superchips, Headers, Exhaust.....expect it all
Headers? On a VQ engine, they are useless. I don't know if the 350Z has the capability, but the y-pipe is a nice little mod on the VQ engine.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:01 PM   #28
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by formerfordguy
You might want to look and see what they're doing to the Maxima now. The VQ engine series will probably support cross overs here -- small tweaks for certain, but I bet the same stuff will be available.
List of available mods for Maxima:

intake
y-pipe
b-pipe
cat-back exhaust
UDP
cat. converter
turbo
supercharger
short throw shifer
Performance ECU

........if you need specifics, I can recommend some brands for you. And any Maxima guys out there, help me out.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:21 PM   #29
siren001
AF Newbie

ECU UPGRADE FOR 350Z

Anyone know where I can get an ECU upgrade for the 350Z and what does it do for the car, like HP, or other, updates? email me at eternity@hawaii.rr.com
siren001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:58 PM   #30
Street Sweeper
AF Enthusiast

Power Enterprise actually has a few parts ot for the 350Z. A turbo,exhaust, and other stuff. Power Enterprise

Street Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote