Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 04:07 PM   #16
V35-Driver
AF Newbie

I loved the S2000 but the wind cut is horrable as usual on roadesters and personally I don't really like it. And for someone living in N. New Jersey it's not a very idea to own a soft top car as your everyday driver...
V35-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:25 AM   #17
Incubus
AF Newbie

If you haven't driven one...

How can any of you make any of the assumptions you are making?
I am a bit defensive here(Though I don't have to be) of my car.

I think that a good driver in an S2000 can beat a good driver in a 350 Z
Now bad drivers in both cars, that's a different story.
But...I've never driven a Z. Also having more torque definitely means it will feel faster, but it will not necessarily be faster.

Anyway my point is you should get the Z because you asked the question here. Ask the question at s2ki.com and they'll argue for the S.

The S2000 is extremely rewarding to extremely goo drivers, but it will bite you in the ass before you know it.
Incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:52 AM   #18
honda troll
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to honda troll
Re: s2000

Quote:
Originally posted by specmi80@aol.com
on the top end issue the 350z well half a pretty good advantage.
the top speed on a s2000 is 147mph drag limited and for the 350z
157drag.:smoker:
The S2000 is drag limited to an indicated 163mph on a flat surface with no wind. Trust me it's been done. I myself have seen an indicated 161mph.

As for the 350Z vs S2000. It's a driver's race... but the Z is easier to drive faster because of the low end torque. If you wanna go fast in a straight line and that's all you care about, get the Z. If you wanna corner in a tossable roadster, get the S. Looks, feel, etc, etc is all subjective and only your opinion matters.
honda troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:09 AM   #19
Mr.Blue
AF Newbie

Talking

Hey Pal, I can relate to all of your concerns. I my self live in N.J and own a Type S. Ya, I have the itch for a 350Z. I swore that once I got my Type S I would be content for at least 5 years. Well I don't know about you, But after my rotors warping twice and my tranny slipping all the time I think I have had enough. acura has extended my warranty to 100,00 miles on the tranny, so that tells me that I will have to replace that soon. I only have 28,500 miles now. I was living in Florida for short amount of time and I had my heart set on a S2000. the dealers were to greedy for me so I went with the Acura. I do love the Type S, The cabin is real comfortable and the power is more than enough. I am concerned about the roads and rear wheel drive etc. But I don't drive recklessley and If I do get a Z, I plan to take it easy, well at least for a few months. I am at a crossroad now and still a little skeptical about the trade in value of The Type S. I am guessinfg a dealer may offer me 17,000 or 18,000. I havent been down that road yet. Well in any case don't let the weather or climate deter you from the Z. Just be a careful driver and god forbid if somthing should happen, you will have insurance. thats another issue$$$$. any way man good luck in your quest.
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:33 AM   #20
Jason B
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jason B
I have a '02 S2000, and a friend of mine just got his orange (LeMans sunset orange) 350Z today! He did let me drive it and it's a really sweet car.

Now, I have to say it isn't as fun to drive as the S2k to ME. It felt much heavier and the shifter was really heavy and hard to move. Remember, it also only had 100 miles on it so this may be part of it.

The S2k just feels much more tossable, lighter and throwable into corners. It just fits you more like a glove -- feeling as if you are PART OF THE CAR. Now, don't get me wrong, I really liked the Z, but the amount of excitement I get with the S, isn't there with the Z.

If I never had or drove an s2000, then I would have this car. I did LOVE that exhaust tone.

A few of us got together today and took some pictures. Below you will see a 2002 Sebring Silver S2000 with red Interior, the 350 mentioned above and a '99 Black BMW M3 coupe.

Enjoy:

Jason B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #21
NINJAZX12R
AF Newbie

Lightbulb MotorCycles Rule!

MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!!MOTORCYCLES RULE!!!!!!!! :monkeypis
NINJAZX12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:02 PM   #22
2of9
AF Enthusiast

between those 3 cars, Jason B, which would be the fastest, and another question, HOW did u afford those sporty coupes???
2of9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 10:21 PM   #23
Scottie300z
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Scottie300z
Look at the house.
And that is some really nice grass. Rich people's grass always looks much better.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:35 PM   #24
HondaS2000tuner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to HondaS2000tuner
Re: 350z or S2000..?.?.?..

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick TypeS
I love the S2000, and when I first saw/heard about the 350Z, i fell in love with it too...Now it's time to pick one and get it... I don't have anything against the S2000 except the fact that it's a 4 cylinder (but a pretty fkin fast one)...would a Z rip a S2000 on the highway?

The things that make me question the Z are:
1. How could I even consider a car I've never seen in person, let alone "pre-order" one???

2. Since there have been so many pre-orders, how many 350Z's am I gonna see on the road everday? I might see a S2k once a week if that, but am I gonna see like 1-2 350Z's everyday?

3. You think the S2000 or 350Z (enthusiast model) will hold up better in the wintertime/rain? I live in North Jersey, and it gets cold, and it does snow, but not too much, but every once in a while it gets heavy... ( I don't know much about RWD cars in the snow or rain...i hear it sucks, but since the 350Z is like 3,200 lbs. does that play a good or bad role with not so perfect road conditions?) *this car will be my daily driver

p.s. I'm goin to a Nissan dealership Monday to talk to a guy about trading in my current car (Acura CL-type S), for the Z...He says he can get me in the Z of my choice by Sept., on the other hand another Nissan dealership in my area, told me that if I were to order one today, I would not be able to have the car untill late december, early january??? Is the first guy tryna fu*k me over by gettin me to order one, and just keep tellin me that it should be here any day...

-thanks for any opinions
1. I highly recommend going to look at one (AT THE LEAST) if not test drive any car your going to buy before you involve any money into it. I swore I wanted a prelude before I got in the seat of my S2000 than changed my mind.

2. In terms of numbers regarding both of the cars it's obvious which one's going to be more rare. There are 5000 S2000 imported every year to the US (to my last knowledge) and Nissan claimed that they will sell 30000 350Z every year. So S2000 will be a bit more rare (sarcasm on the words "a bit")

3. Except for the base model, the 350Z (Enthusist and up) comes with at least traction control if not stability control. Where as the S2000 has none (at least not a separate system as the 350Z). This (I think) is meant to continue Honda's promise that the S2000 will be a "Driver's Car" and that a Driver will negotiate the condition of the road rather than be pampered by other security systems. But all in all 350Z (did you see the rear stability beam in the trunk in the 350Z? that is a thing of beauty) will outshine the S2000 in wet/snowy conditions.

Tuner

:smoker:

P.S. I noticed that this reply may not be helpful anymore since you mentioned that you were expecting a car around Dec. or Jan. so my opinions are for the people suffering through the same question asked above.
HondaS2000tuner is offline   Reply With Quote