Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
eronius_monk
AF Newbie

97 CRV engine cuts out? help!!!

I am having a problem with my CRV. I will be driving down the highway when all the sudden i have no acceleration, i put the pedal to the floor and nothing happens. The rest of the car is acting perfectly normal. I pull over, turn the car off and back on and everything is fine and i'm on my way. Anybody have any ideas before i spend a fortune to figure this one out. Thanks in advance
eronius_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
eforce
AF Newbie

Re: 97 CRV engine cuts out? help!!!

Your car need tune up! The power seizure problem mostly coming from the power drop in the spark plug cable and contact point in the rotor. Try to open the cap & rotor, sand both contact, put the cover back and test drive, this should give you time to drive around more... but get your complete tune up soon.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
jacobbesanceney
AF Newbie

Re: 97 CRV engine cuts out? help!!!

mine did that. driving down road, engine would stop running, radio would turn off, and all lights would turn on in the instrument cluster as if you were about to start your car. Sound like what's going on in ur truck? If so, it's an ignition problem. It's so common that honda dealerships keep this part in stock. Easy to change out as well. It's the plastic part that is on the back of the ignition switch with wires attached to it at the end.
jacobbesanceney is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V