Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
FOX_MagiCDragON
AF Newbie

Post The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

Although it is true that many rumors of a new Supra have been created that were false, there is still a possiblity that Toyota is designing a 2007 Supra. You can find an article of everything that is known up to this point about the reintroduction of the Toyota Supra here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51177

If you have any opinions or thoughts then I encourage you to leave a reply. If you have any discoverys then please post with a link to your source of information.

Thank you for reading,
MagiCDragoN
FOX_MagiCDragON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
youngsuprakid
AF Regular

Re: The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_MagiCDragON
Although it is true that many rumors of a new Supra have been created that were false, there is still a possiblity that Toyota is designing a 2007 Supra. You can find an article of everything that is known up to this point about the reintroduction of the Toyota Supra here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51177

If you have any opinions or thoughts then I encourage you to leave a reply. If you have any discoverys then please with a link to your source of information.

Thank you for reading,
MagiCDragoN
im actually at a toyota dealership and there is a 1997 toyota supra out back ahhhh! i want it but i just spoke to an "important guy" he said that the car is coming back in 2007 due to the forumula 1 racing he said it would have like a 3.0 v12 in it the local car will run a 3.5 litre v6 with 400 hores power
youngsuprakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
tireburner86
AF Newbie

Re: Re: The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsuprakid
im actually at a toyota dealership and there is a 1997 toyota supra out back ahhhh! i want it but i just spoke to an "important guy" he said that the car is coming back in 2007 due to the forumula 1 racing he said it would have like a 3.0 v12 in it the local car will run a 3.5 litre v6 with 400 hores power

an n/a 3.5 liter with 400hp stock is an awful lot..i doubt it'll be that much, the lexus gs300's 3.5 makes 300 horsepower
tireburner86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
youngsuprakid
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner86
an n/a 3.5 liter with 400hp stock is an awful lot..i doubt it'll be that much, the lexus gs300's 3.5 makes 300 horsepower
thats wat the guy told me i took notes lol god im an ass o well thats wat he said cuz i couldnt get in at first either
Old 03-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
tireburner86
AF Newbie

the edmunds article says there will likely be a v6 and a v8...i wonder which will be more popular with the aftermarket?
Old 04-08-2005, 06:08 AM   #6
Dragon GTR
AF Newbie

i just read in the May issue of Sport Compact Car that the next Toyota supercar will in fact be a Lexus. If you have that issue read page 40 for the info they have on it.
Dragon GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
youngsuprakid
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon GTR
i just read in the May issue of Sport Compact Car that the next Toyota supercar will in fact be a Lexus. If you have that issue read page 40 for the info they have on it.
the guy at toyota said it might be a high end lexus but he also said that the lexus would not be a supra so i think he means there will be 2 cars out
Old 04-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
tireburner86
AF Newbie

yea i'm pretty sure theres going to be 2...chances are lexus will have the supercar and toyota will make the supra or, theoretically, the 3500gt (who knows what itll be called) but it should be a sports car similar to the 350z. the lexus would then be the mid engine supercar that everybody is talking about. i think toyota/lexus would be making a very good decision if it was done that way...they badly need high performance cars in their lineup now that the supra, celica, and mr2 are all history (but hopefully for not much longer)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #9
youngsuprakid
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner86
yea i'm pretty sure theres going to be 2...chances are lexus will have the supercar and toyota will make the supra or, theoretically, the 3500gt (who knows what itll be called) but it should be a sports car similar to the 350z. the lexus would then be the mid engine supercar that everybody is talking about. i think toyota/lexus would be making a very good decision if it was done that way...they badly need high performance cars in their lineup now that the supra, celica, and mr2 are all history (but hopefully for not much longer)
im just hopeing they dont delay it any longer cuz my parents said they will buy me a car for my graduation gift and if the 07 does come out the prices of the 93and up will drop hopefully and i can get 1
Old 05-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #10
Kesler
AF Newbie

Supra rockss! i take 2
Get Paid to Use Search Engines ^^ $1.50 daily
www.Pay-pup2.com
Get Paid to Use Search Engines ^^ $1.00 daily
Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #11
GadflyII
AF Regular

Re: Re: The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

the new super car is not a supra, it will not wear the supra badge in any market, and will be a badged as a Lexus in the USA. It was testing with a V10 N/A motor in those spy shots, but the rumor is it has since been scaled back to a V8 (per Car and Driver, which had some great pictures of the car, and details of it's rear mounted raditators). Price point suggestions are in the 150k+ area. The car is intended to compete with the 911 GT3, Ferrari 360, Carrera GT, Ford GT, and the up-coming redesigned NSX.

There is no other MKV Supra in development, at least not one that will be out in 06 or 07. There was a 1 off concept car build with the V6 out of the camry, but the project was scraped in 02, because "Toyota's direction has changed". This is evident with the death of the MR2, and the Celica brands. Toyota has left the low volume sports market, and looks to pass it off to super high end cars, under the lexus flag.

PS All information I have is current as of the Tokoyo auto show this year.
SP67 Single Turbo .81 A/R
RPS Manifold
SP fuel sys w/ 1000cc injectors, SP rail, & Dual Walboro pumps
Aeromotive FP regulator
Greddy 3 Row front mount
Tail BOV
TRD Rear Diff
TRD dual disk clutch
HKS Racing Wastegate
HKS DLI
HKS VPC
HKS BCC
HKS EBC
FJO Wideband o2
Greddy Electronic Boost, EGT, Fuel pressure w/ Peak & hold
98 tail and headlights
Wings West lip
GadflyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:05 AM   #12
nastyNater
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nastyNater
Re: Re: Re: The myth of the 2007 Toyota Supra...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadflyII
This is evident with the death of the MR2, and the Celica brands. Toyota has left the low volume sports market, and looks to pass it off to super high end cars, under the lexus flag.
Why the hell did they leave that market? there is just more and more money to be made...isnt that what the CEO's are after????

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors