Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 05:35 AM   #16
Hale
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 toyota supra

i dont think mazda will release an rx7 with the rx8 out here...no sense in having 2 rotary cars..espically since they wont even turbocharge the rx8

i have heard the skyline is going to be coming to the US...haven't heard when.

And nobody is quite sure why the 97 supra was 15th anniversary supra...supras were celicas before and during that...and it wasnt until 86 that they broke away from the celica...toyota was just on crack.
Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:50 AM   #17
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
I have heard that they are planing to coming out with a new Rx 7 because the Rx 8 just doesn't compare. I know for sure that a Skyline is coming to the USA (but not Canada yet). I heard the skyline did not pass US emissions with its twin turbo when at idle. Their correcting this in the states by rerouting the exhaust past the turbo when idling. I heard some talk that the supra is coming back because Toyota does not have a real sports car (im sorry to all you Celica lovers but it is a "me too" sports car) but I don't believe this is anyway final and I personally think its just garbage rumor.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
addicted 2 b00st
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to addicted 2 b00st

toyota will be making a new "sports car" it will be more of an exotic. it will have a mid engine v6 and a hybrid engine in the front. 400hp, 2900lbs, 40mpg. these are the specs that toyota is shooting for but from now till the time they finally release it who knows what changes will be made.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #19
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to projectsupramk3

USDM Skyline = Infinity G35 = 350GT coupe
The Supra most definetly has been out that long, the anniversary edition was built on that date for a reason, the Celica Supra is a MKI. Celica's were celica's, the Celica Supra was another beast.
projectsupramk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 PM   #20
addicted 2 b00st
AF Regular

celica supras were a celica with a 2.8l I6 and rwd. celica had a 4 cyl (dont know size) and fwd.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #21
lilslim
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lilslim

I'm sure they made Supras in Japan untill 2000. They stopped maken RX7s in Japan back in 2002.
lilslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #22
addicted 2 b00st
AF Regular

thats japan, this is usa. it stopped in 98 for the supra and 95 for the rx7.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #23
Tech-Ronin
AF Newbie

Show me the Supra!

1998 was the last production year for Supras and I challenge anyone to show me proof otherwise and don't post a picture of the AB Flug Conversion http://www.supercars.net/garages/carlitos/78v2.html

Steeda don't make Mustangs and AB Flug don't make Supras
Tech-Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:52 AM   #24
TanyasMkIISupra
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TanyasMkIISupra
the "15th anniversary Supra" lmfao what a JOKE, what did Toyota forget about a few years?? LOL
Supra made for the US from 1979-1998...15 years? uh, no in 1997 it was 18 years believe it or not. And in Japan Supra started in 1978

and yes CELICA SUPRA IS A SUPRA whether you want to think so or not. Just because "Supra" separated from the Celica chassis and name in 1986.5 doesn't make the 1st and 2nd gens any less of a Supra. You can even still see Celica characteristis in the 4th gen Sup. (the bodystyle,rear)
Celica has always been 4 banger, Supra has always been I-6...get over it

If The F-body was brought back with a car called the "Trans Am", does that mean all the other Firebird Trans Ams were not Trans Ams?
TanyasMkIISupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:45 PM   #25
smartguy54321
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to smartguy54321 Send a message via Yahoo to smartguy54321
turcelbo's supra

If your supra really gets 187 in the quarter mile then i'd like to know what kind of mods you have on that thing. I've heard 120-140, but 180?? That's a little on the fast side for a car running gasoline, even with nitrous, unless it's specifically mod-ed for drag racing. Just wondering how you do it, if you really do.
smartguy54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #26
smartguy54321
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to smartguy54321 Send a message via Yahoo to smartguy54321
That was directed at turcelbo, by the way.
smartguy54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #27
ArchangelGTR
AF Regular

Re: Re: 2004 toyota supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinMKIV
No, they actually made the Supra until 03 in Japan. I've seen them with my own eyes. They are not made with the stock parts that we get when we purchased them in the states, they come with a few HKS updrades such as the mega flow intake. The differences in the headlights tailights, turnsignals, and gauges cluster was made for the 97 15th Anniversary Supra and was stuck with till 03
BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA

That is too funny. "They are not made with stock parts... come with a few HKS upgrades..."

The last Supra released in the US is 98. In fact technically the Supra Turbo was released 93.5-95, 97-98. You will not find an official 96 Supra Turbo due to a reworking of the ECU to OBD2 specs.

The Supra Turbo was stilled produced in Japan from the factory for several years after that with a VVTi motor in the latter years.

And the 15th year anniversary edition has to be an internal joke at Toyota Headquarters.
ArchangelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #28
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

What is with some people and not understanding the anniversery year, it's very simple, 1997 - 15 = 1982. Now with the exact year in mind lets go back and see what SUPRA was made... MKII, which is not a CelicaSupra like the MKI, it's all Supra. Toyota really must have been smoking something to get that math. It would have been nice to include the MKI but if you think about it, that was a slightly-faster-than-ordinary family car, which perfectly describes the Celica lineup, not the Supra.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:37 PM   #29
ArchangelGTR
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupramk3
What is with some people and not understanding the anniversery year, it's very simple, 1997 - 15 = 1982. Now with the exact year in mind lets go back and see what SUPRA was made... MKII, which is not a CelicaSupra like the MKI, it's all Supra. Toyota really must have been smoking something to get that math. It would have been nice to include the MKI but if you think about it, that was a slightly-faster-than-ordinary family car, which perfectly describes the Celica lineup, not the Supra.
What is it with you not understanding that 15th Anniversary does not include the mk1 Celica Supra which you yourself acknowledge as in existence by calling the 82-85 Celica Supra a mk2 meaning the 2nd mark ie 2nd generation.

The mk1 is a Supra. It had a straight 6 like all the other Supras. A longer snout like every other Supra. Uprated interior package like all the other Supras. What makes it not deserving of the Supra title in your book. Toyota called it a Celica Supra If you really think about it the mk2 is not much of a performer either compared to todays cars and it certainly shared a lot of parts with its Celica GT-S sister... then again neither is the mk3 stock for stock relative to todays cars. Hell 4-door conservative sedans are pushing over 220 HP these days.

So I just eliminated three generations of Supras as not being capable of carrying the Supra name. Shall I go further... or will you finally acknowledge the mk1 Celica Supra is a Supra and well deserving of it.

Happy tuning.
ArchangelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #30
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Right.... you sure convinced me because Toyota has a multi-million dollar budget for its HUGE staff but somehow nobody noticed that they didn't even get the correct anniversery for the Supra. I know lots of domestic's that have I6's and long hoods, that doesn't make them Supras, purely a styling feature. Think of it this way, it's celibrating the true split of the Celica and Supra line-up. Obviously there's no convincing you though so I'm not going to waste time typing anymore.