Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #16
argetsad
AF Newbie

Angry Re: parking brake and tmps dash lights on

Anyone found a fix for this? Having the same issue with a 2011 focus and this seems to be the most information I can find anywhere. Although just smacking the dash makes everything go away and that's even more puzzling as I've checked all the grounds and connectors.
argetsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
txcoach60
AF Newbie

Re: parking brake and tmps dash lights on

I have very much a similar problem on my 2011 Ford Escape. The dealership wanted to replace the instrument cluster and re-program it for $1000. I declined. All of my gauges still work and if I bang on the dash above the cluster, it resets. I did find this video on YouTube but haven't followed up on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZZ0DFEsSk. The person whos posted it said they finally found cold solder joints on the circuit board and fixed it.

I live in the Houston, Texas area. I was referred by a service rep at a different Ford dealership to a place in downtown Houston called Austin Radio and Speedometer. They found loose connections (solder joints) on both sides of my Escape’s instrument cluster and repaired it for $150. This was probably six months ago. I have had no issues since. When I went back to the rep who referred me, he told me that when it comes to things like that, dealerships can only replace and not repair. Hope this helps.

Last edited by txcoach60; 04-11-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Fixed
txcoach60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #18
dbryan
AF Newbie

Re: parking brake and tmps dash lights on

Has anyone found a fix for this issue. I am seeing the same issues with my Ford Escape 2011. Other issues include:
A/C compressor turns off when TPMS light comes on
Automatic door locks don't work when TPMS light comes on or is blinking
Banging dashboard sometimes fixes this. Sometimes my car won't start, but banging dashboard will fix this sometimes.
dbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition