Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
mjkfc
AF Newbie

Tire option sizes on a stock 96 Tracker, will 235 be too big? other ideas?

Hi, Just bought a 96 Tracker mainly for trailing. I'm looking for new tires and was wondering if someone could help me with sizes. I know 205/75/15 is factory but what else would work for off road and street. Thanks for your help, specific sizes will really help me find what I'm looking for on craigslist.
mjkfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjkfc For This Useful Post:
byrddog (11-26-2014)
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
spazout
AF Newbie

Re: Tire option sizes on a stock 96 Tracker, will 235 be too big? other ideas?

235-245 and depending on width-you should be good for on/off road.
now for the second # r75 is usually stock normal and you should not have any trouble.
if you want a wider tire you get R70, R65, I wouldn't go any further.
If you get 235R70/16 this should work- you might have some scrubbing on sharp turns or turning into an entrance with a sharp incline. Also depends on tread style. But this is what you have to put up with if you want a better looking ride. And better clearance- but it will turn your tracker from Bad to bad ass! I have heard that fairly aggressive 31s will fit nicely, that's what i heard- take it for what its worth. I also remember what the #s on the tire stand for. 235/70/15, the 235 is how tall the tire is and the 70 means -70% of 235 is the width. I may have gotten it backwards: Also remember "white walls on the inside, and raised white letters mount out, doesn't help with slip streaming but makes it look good".
Now if you can translate this, you are way ahead me (I couldnt understand it) (good Luck and happy times)
spazout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
byrddog
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkfc View Post
Hi, Just bought a 96 Tracker mainly for trailing. I'm looking for new tires and was wondering if someone could help me with sizes. I know 205/75/15 is factory but what else would work for off road and street. Thanks for your help, specific sizes will really help me find what I'm looking for on craigslist.
a 225/70/15 will fit you stock wheels,& give you a wider footprint. they wont scrub. i have tese on my 1993 4x4 . also give you alot of tires to choose from
byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
byrddog
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazout View Post
235-245 and depending on width-you should be good for on/off road.
now for the second # r75 is usually stock normal and you should not have any trouble.
if you want a wider tire you get R70, R65, I wouldn't go any further.
If you get 235R70/16 this should work- you might have some scrubbing on sharp turns or turning into an entrance with a sharp incline. Also depends on tread style. But this is what you have to put up with if you want a better looking ride. And better clearance- but it will turn your tracker from Bad to bad ass! I have heard that fairly aggressive 31s will fit nicely, that's what i heard- take it for what its worth. I also remember what the #s on the tire stand for. 235/70/15, the 235 is how tall the tire is and the 70 means -70% of 235 is the width. I may have gotten it backwards: Also remember "white walls on the inside, and raised white letters mount out, doesn't help with slip streaming but makes it look good".
Now if you can translate this, you are way ahead me (I couldnt understand it) (good Luck and happy times)
you wont have enough wheel well clearence, or fender well clearence if you go to that size tire ,& wheel. you will have to have at least a 1 1/2 inch lift kit. remember the stock rim size is 15
byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker