Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
suggsboy1
AF Newbie

Exclamation In-Dash DVD Monitor Installation HELP!

Hello, I just purchased an aftermarket In-Dash DVD Monitor with TV Tuner, CD/DVD/MP3/AM/FM Radio, and Mounting Harness for my 1999 300M. I intend to place the motorized monitor in the place of my factory radio, and put the CD/DVD/MP3/AM/FM Radio in the empty slot below it. I won't have any problems mounting it, but I would like as much help as possible with the wiring -It's my first install. Has anyone done this before and could give me some tips? It would be awesome if anyone had a write up about there installation or a guide that would show me how to do everything! ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. The models that I purchased are below. -THANKS!!

In-Dash DVD Monitor with TV Tuner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S431-...QQcmdZViewItem

CD/DVD/MP3/AM/FM Radio

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Boss-Mobile-...QQcmdZViewItem

suggsboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
tinmanwpk
AF Regular

Re: In-Dash DVD Monitor Installation HELP!

Can't help much with the wiring, but I can lead you to some folks who can - 300mclub.org. This is a great club with helpful, friendly people. Check it out.

99 M Cypress Green, performance rear sway bar, Brembo rotors w/CT3 pads, tint, Sirius, K&N intake, debadged, many other mods.
tinmanwpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
suggsboy1
AF Newbie

Ok, thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
phaelax
AF Regular

Only thing I could really tell ya that you might not be aware of yet is that there is probably a wire which deactivates the monitor when the car isn't parked. I had a Clarion dvd which had a wire that was suppose to be hooked up to the emergency brake so that the monitor would only turn on when the brake was on; it's a legal safety issue. Other than that, just follow the wiring diagram and you should be ok.
phaelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
tinmanwpk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelax
Only thing I could really tell ya that you might not be aware of yet is that there is probably a wire which deactivates the monitor when the car isn't parked. I had a Clarion dvd which had a wire that was suppose to be hooked up to the emergency brake so that the monitor would only turn on when the brake was on; it's a legal safety issue. Other than that, just follow the wiring diagram and you should be ok.
Good Point!

99 M Cypress Green, performance rear sway bar, Brembo rotors w/CT3 pads, tint, Sirius, K&N intake, debadged, many other mods.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
suggsboy1
AF Newbie

Yea, I wired it to the ground wire. The car is totaled now ------NOT BECAUSE OF WATCHING IT WHILE DRIVING! --- I have a BMW now, and my father will get a new one professionally installed he "doesn't want me cutting on it"! Thanks though guys. Is Circuit City a cool place for in dash dvd installs? I know they probably won't change the parking sensor for me though....
Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
tinmanwpk
AF Regular

Personally, and I will admit I do not have any personal experience with them, I would not let any of those monkeys touch my vehicle. I would find a quality sound shop and let them do it. Circuit City and Best Buy, et al, pay minimum to these clods.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M