Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevelle
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
jimdeshields
AF Newbie

Interior Door Panel Interchangability

I have a 65 Chevelle, which is being cloned as an SS. I am looking for others which have attempted to interchange interior door panels. It appears the 64,65 panels are the same shape. The A-Body shares many parts. I would like to upgrade the look of the interior door panels from other A-Body GM cars. i.e. Oldsmobile, Buick, etc. Does anyone have any experience in this manner? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: Interior Door Panel Interchangability

Many of these parts can be bought from various aftermarket vendors ( one that comes to mind is the Original Parts Group - www.opgi.com ) . There are others as well . You can do a Google search for " classic chevelle forums " , I'm sure there will be many come up where parts and advice can be found ! Good luck !
Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Tony Silva
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdeshields View Post
I have a 65 Chevelle, which is being cloned as an SS. I am looking for others which have attempted to interchange interior door panels. It appears the 64,65 panels are the same shape. The A-Body shares many parts. I would like to upgrade the look of the interior door panels from other A-Body GM cars. i.e. Oldsmobile, Buick, etc. Does anyone have any experience in this manner? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

"Cloning" an SS car with buick or Olds door panels is an oxymoron. I'm not trying to flame you, but I wouldn't try to "clone" a COPO Camaro with Buick Rallye's or a Yenko Nova with Hurst stripes. But if you are serious about using another GM line of door panels for your car ...just be sure to keep ALL your door panels' hard parts ESPECIALLY the top metal of the panel itself. But, YES those years are correct for suspension, interior, glass and electrical parts.
Tony Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Tony Silva
AF Regular

Oh!!! And for oldblu65...TWO thumbs up on the Original Parts Group comment!!! OPG is not only a vendor as you mentioned, but they also bought some of the original GM tooling and metal press templates and they they manufacture many GM parts. I believe in these parts 100%. Buying parts from OPG is almost like buying from GM!!! Another QUALITY resource for "GENUINE GM" reproduction items would HAVE TO BE... ..."NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT". Again, genuine GM stampings and castings!!!!!!!!GM Quality without the "made in taiwan" problems.
Tony Silva is offline   Reply With Quote