Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
ecoice
AF Newbie

Corolla '06 Starting trouble

HiI'm hoping someone will be able to help out with diagnosing the problem with my car from my description.

I was just driving in a school campus, my music and A/C is on and the temperature outside was about 90 degrees. Suddenly I was almost on my way to leave campus, but then I felt a "bump" kind of feeling and the steering wheel would not turn or rotate, it was "stuck". The engine was still running, but since the steering wheel would not turn, I turned off my car. When I tried to start it up again, it would just make the "car starting" sound of the engine trying to start up, but it will not start otherwise. I had the help of a few people and some suggestions, but they said some possible problems could be the autonator? Something to do with the battery, or possible the spark plug or something similar. The battery is fine because the voltage and current definitely exist and it has no problems, but something is wrong in that it simply won't get the car to start. At one point, it did start up...this was about 45 minutes after trying to figure out what was wrong, but then when we turned it off again, it would not start again.

Can anyone think of what might be the prime reason? Thanks!
ecoice is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD