Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
plearbear
AF Newbie

How much would it cost to fix...

alright so, I'm a stupid b*tch and I crashed my beamer.
I'm emotionally attached to this car, he's my best friend and I would rather spend the money to fix my baby than buy a new car.
I want to know if anyone can tell me about how much it would cost to fix.

okay, I know absolutely nothing about cars, but here's my best explanation.
there's really nothing wrong with the back, all the damage is in the front. obviously the two front side panels need to be replaced, and the headlights (one is gone completely, the other's just shattered). you can see on the top picture that the bottom piece is gone, you can see the yellow pieces that were holding it there, but I saved it and I could probably just get it put back on? I can't open the front two doors but that's only because there's like, metal pushed back from the two side panels in front of them so you can only open them a little bit, so I think the doors are fine. the hood will have to be replaced, and obviously the front bumper is shot. and both mirrors. both front rims are cracked but I was going to replace my rims soon anyway... and I'll obviously need new tires but those were going to be replaced soon too.
on the inside of the car, there's absolutely no damage except my rear view mirror needs to be snapped back into place (it's just dangling by some wires) and of course, the airbags deployed so I'll need to replace the steering wheel and the dashboard...

so, give me your estimates... I'm prepared to hear the worst. paid $20,000 for it july of last year. it's a 2006 325i dark green BMW. got it used from a toyota dealership here in texas. uhh... any other questions just ask.

you can go ahead and tell me I'm stupid if it's completely hopeless... I just, I mean, I hope you guys understand, this car means everything to me. he's not just a car. he's my first car, he's my baby, I think of him as a friend. (his name is shark by the way ) we've been through a lot together. I'm probably crazy for even thinking he can be fixed, it's just wishful thinking. so humor me? I just want to know if there's even a chance.

here's a before picture. he was beautiful right?
plearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Mark Lapes
AF Newbie

Re: How much would it cost to fix...

If you can find a bodyshop that specializes in bmw it might be alittle cheaper then bringing to the bmw dealer.
Mark Lapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
plearbear
AF Newbie

Actually my uncle owns an auto shop that specializes in foreign cars, so Im sure I could get some major discounts, but i know it'll still be costly.
So you think Im not completely crazy and there might be a chance? Hah
plearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
chaswe75
AF Newbie

I take it you had liability insurance only. The car is wasted. The frame probably has extensive damage not to mention how much you will spend on parts for this car. Let him go, the car will never be the same even if repaired properly.
chaswe75 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network