Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 10:51 PM   #1
GWH
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to GWH
Red face

A once in a lifetime opportunity to watch these three go after it
For you local guys, I was on Hwy. 121 north moving to exit off of William D. Tate. at the point where Hwy. 360 merges onto 121, I looked in my rearview mirror to move over to the right lane, when I saw a car come over the hill, and he was moving!!! Right away, I noticed it was a black Viper GTS, chasing him were two other cars!!! I moved over quick because these three cars were coming up on me fast. Now I'm driving around 70 mph. I rolled all 4 windows down on the Galant so I could hear them as they went by, don't laugh Man what a time for my 'vette to be down Anyway, this Viper flew by. I was grabbing my door to keep it from being yanked off the hinges. Running right on his a** is a, wholly sh*t, a Lingenfelter TT C5 3 cars behind him was a 911TT. Oh man, in a matter of seconds, they were gone. I called my wife on the cellphone and said "Guess what I just saw"? Excited like a little kid. Her response was "It's probably car related" When I told her the story, she said "You poor baby, and your in your Galant". While she is laughing over the phone. Wouldn't have made much difference though, because by the time my car is topping out, they are just starting to breath.
That had to be the coolest thing that I have ever witnessed. Thought I was in a Motor Trend televison segement

Z-51
3:07 gears
MEMBER: Lone Star Corvette Club
www.modernmusclecar.net
www.Automotive Forums.com
www.corvettefun.com

If you live life by the book, then all you get is what is written

GWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 09:30 AM   #2
porsche911
AF Newbie

oh man, that is sweet.
Did you know that there was a guy in England with a Super Fast Supra, and that he was going around 200mph on the highway plus videotaping all the action at the same time?
All I know is that he got arrested for that somehow [I've never heard of police cars going 200mph..]
Does anyone have any more info on this?
porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
GWH
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to GWH
Talking

Talk about your incriminating evidence LOL.
Z-51
3:07 gears
MEMBER: Lone Star Corvette Club
www.modernmusclecar.net
www.Automotive Forums.com
www.corvettefun.com

If you live life by the book, then all you get is what is written

GWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 09:36 PM   #4
crash
AF Newbie

I am suprised the TT was not in front. How could you tell it was one of Lingenfelters?
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 06:34 PM   #5
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
GWH

Oh man, what a dream. I'd almost be honored to be blown by in my GS-R by cars of this caliber (hey!! don't knock it, it's pretty fast!! ). Although actually, like crash pointed out, what distinguished the Lingenfelter TT C5 from GM's stock version? I can't remember if it sports large visual tip-offs (particularly hard to see at such a high speed). And hey, you know what? Even if it was "just a GM Corvette C5," it's still pretty damn cool to see it with a GTS and a 911 Turbo. I mean how many times (if any at all) in your lifetime will you get to see something like that?

porsche911

Yeah, I've seen that video, or maybe it was another one. The one I saw was a guy in either an F40 or F50 (can't remember which) that went very quickly up to 200+ km/hour on a highway in Europe.. perhaps England. It was insane, like the fastest damn thing I has ever seen from that perspective. I was awed by the accelerative power. The guy who made this video was also unfortunate enough to get nabbed by the Police.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 11:45 PM   #6
LostBoyScout
AF Regular

wow, I've seen cars of that caliber hauling ass, but not all at once!! sweet man, sweet

A customer/friend of mine has a Viper GTS ACR (one of two in canada he says?) and I've raced him from rolling starts many times just for fun.. when your car is vibrating from his motor over top of your own, you know you're in for it!!

Needless to say, he was taking a couple car lengths per gear on me (well one in first, two in second, and about 3 in third, then we stopped racing)

I followed a silver 996 turbo about 2 months back for a good 40 miles, but he never raced hehe
Old 02-01-2001, 06:07 PM   #7
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Wow! Once I saw a race between a 300ZX, a Celica, and an Integra...I thought I had a cool experience. They were all red and were swerving between cars down main street! It was pretty cool.

I once saw a video from inside a McLaren F1 while it made a top speed run. Crazy. I also saw a cockpit video of one race a Veilside Supra (It KILLED it). Got both videos from ScourX
Old 02-02-2001, 09:18 AM   #8
porsche911
AF Newbie

Cool

the 300zx probably won the race
porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 04:55 PM   #9
MrCorvetteZ06
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MrCorvetteZ06
JD

There is pretty much no difference between the Lingenfelter and the regular C5 on the outside. The only differences are: Lingenfelter rims(which are optional), and a small Lingenfelter graphic which is in front of both of the rear wheels, where the brake duct is on the Z06.
MrCorvetteZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 08:56 PM   #10
enzo@af
Old Mod

Yes, the Z was in front
Old 02-11-2001, 06:31 PM   #11
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

that is sweet!! that's like in a need for speed game!!

There was also a guy who video taped himself doin 200mph in an F40
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 01:26 PM   #12
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche911
oh man, that is sweet.
Did you know that there was a guy in England with a Super Fast Supra, and that he was going around 200mph on the highway plus videotaping all the action at the same time?
All I know is that he got arrested for that somehow [I've never heard of police cars going 200mph..]
Does anyone have any more info on this?
I'm suprised he found a road where he could reach 200mph.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 05:18 PM   #13
enzo@af
Old Mod

I don't know the truth to it, but I've heard that the Camaro cop cars and the new Impala cop cars can break 200. Sounds a little fishy to me.
Old 02-20-2001, 09:43 PM   #14
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i don't think so

i heard the camaro ones are really fast though, in canada we don't have any highway patrol or anythin..... but we do have the impala cop cars, i think they're going to replace the other ones
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 01:14 AM   #15
Dillweed
AF Regular

Smile It's the truth...

I have raced more cars than you can imagine, but I was surprised of the cars I almost beat.

Once I was doing 60 mph on a flat piece of road. There was a Prelude SR on my tail. So I'm driving my modest Nissan Stanza, right?

The guy hauls out to pass and I'm thinkin' it's going to be close, and it was. He finaly made it passed me at 130 mph.

I stop at the bar where he pulls into and his girlfriend, who thinks her man's SR is something 'cause she wouldn't know horsepower if it hit her in the face, get's out of the car and says:

Girl: Man your car's fast!!

Me: Well... not bad for a family car, I guess...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing