Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
ml41887
AF Newbie

Montero General Info???

So, what's the deal with these things? One turned up on craigslist with 120,000 miles for $2900. It's a 1995 and looks pretty good. Is this a safe bet? What would you guys say would be the average life expectancy and what does it cost to repair these things in the event that they do require major overhaul? I've seen several with an excess of 250,000 miles, but I suppose there are Dodge Caravans out there with that many miles too. Is 250k normal? I'm looking for a big SUV as a secondary vehicle and Land Cruisers seem to be worth their weight in gold. Is the Montero a suitable substitute for a Land Cruiser?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Matt
ml41887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
bigbadboringbill
AF Newbie

Re: Montero General Info???

I have a 1996 Montero and I just replaced the engine with a remanufactured engine. The engine swap itself was not as bad as expected, but working on the Montero is still a bear. Finding parts for them is also tricky, although the Internet does help. I cannot say if it is better or worse than an old Land Cruiser since I have never owned or worked on one. Hope this helps.
bigbadboringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Jsaw
AF Newbie

Re: Montero General Info???

I have access to look up general prices on most vehicles. I work for an Auto Recycler. If you want a couple quotes on possible parts shoot me a message and i can look into it for you. We also have sales history etc, only catch is i need to look up individual parts and can't get that type of information by searching for a vehicle.

-J
Jsaw is offline   Reply With Quote