Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
maybesupra
AF Newbie

Supra or Firebird

I'm turning 16 soon and I'm looking at getting a car that would be reliable, be able to fit 5 people, and be able to drift/do burnouts. Right now my 2 main choices are MK3 supras and Firebirds. Ive heard supras are heavy and harder to drift. Are firebirds good for drifting? Also, are they about the same as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile goes? How are each of them for reliability, drifting/burnouts, power, and comfort for 5 people.
I've read in a few places that you should stay away from 3rd gen. firebirds. Why is that? Personally I like the look of that generation because it still has an older look but its not 30 years old. I probably don't want second generation because they are so old they would need lots of replacement parts. 4th generations dont seem as beastly.
Oh, and I was also considering an older impreza (around 98) because they would be in my price range. The only issue would be that I've read its tough to spin the tires on them because its awd and they don't quite have enough power. And I like the bigger engines in the Supras/Firebirds.
All responses are aprreciated-
Thanks
maybesupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
alexmurphy
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to alexmurphy
Re: Supra or Firebird

i hope you realize the insurance for both of those cars in the hands of a 16 year old will be insanely high. expect 1000 or more per 6 month period.

or you could get a car you may "enjoy" but isn't your dream car. This will probably end up being a 4 door sedan like a honda accord.

but out of the 2 cars, I would have to say a firebird is probably a cheaper and more reliable car of the 2. The Supra also looks like crap compared to the firebird.
alexmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
wiswiry
AF Newbie

Re: Supra or Firebird

This is the kind you like, but I think that the supra engine horsepower Modify a lot and wear body kit if it is very beautiful and supra may work well and is long.

racing &car modify in thailand
wiswiry is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting