Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #46
bashfulbabe004
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bashfulbabe004
I own a 1989 240sx and my boyfriend owns a 1995 probe gt and we ran them in a 1/4 mile and I didnt lose by much... I'm figuring the only reason I did was because I need to have a little bit of engine work done and I know I can smoke him.. I was able to beat his friend who drives a 2002 eclipse... 240's are far better..
Old 03-03-2003, 01:15 AM   #47
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bashfulbabe004
240's are far better..
Well as far handling at least
Old 03-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #48
PrimeTimeGt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PrimeTimeGt
Quote:
Originally posted by bashfulbabe004
I'm figuring the only reason I did was because I need to have a little bit of engine work done and I know I can smoke him..
If the probe would have had engine work done to it, then it would smoke ur 240..probes are better cars...point blank period.:sun:
Old 03-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #49
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer

Dood, if you wanna talk engine work, buy a S13 with a busted engine for $500 and drop in a redtop SR20 and a boost controller (this engine BOLTS ONTO the chassis, no fab needed). For an investment of $5000 TOPS you have a 14.0 second car with a nearly new engine that will own anything short of a S2000 in the corners (ferrari-level handling is achieved with a set of coilovers).
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05

Last edited by Fliquer; 03-09-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:27 AM   #50
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fliquer

Dood, if you wanna talk engine work, buy a S13 with a busted engine for $500 and drop in a redtop SR20 and a boost controller (this engine BOLTS ONTO the chassis, no fab needed). For an investment of $5000 TOPS you have a 14.0 second car with a nearly new engine that will own anything short of a S2000 in the corners (ferrari-level handling is achieved with a set of coilovers).
I agree with you
Old 03-10-2003, 01:27 AM   #51
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR

I agree with you

I dont.

I live in a country full of real 180 and 200sx's and yes they are fast, but like all Japanese pocket rockets they are highly overrated, especialy by people who have never seen them.

Ferrari levels of handling from a set of coil overs?
14s from just an engine swap?
Reality and childhood fantasy are very differnt things.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:47 AM   #52
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

As far as handling the S13 Silvia, which is simular to a 180SX, is pretty good but would not compare to a Ferrari at all. Even with suspension upgrades you are still left in the dust.

Now a guy flatting at my house owns an S13. He had done only a pod filter, front mount i/c, and a boost controller. He was running 16 psi of boost and managed a 13.4 on P225/50/16 Bridgestone Grid II's. They are much lighter than say a GTR and the SR20DET is a very good engine
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 03-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #53
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by RazorGTR
He was running 16 psi of boost and managed a 13.4 on P225/50/16 Bridgestone Grid II's. They are much lighter than say a GTR and the SR20DET is a very good engine

16psi is a lot of boost, certianly a lot more than standard. And he's clearly a very very good driver.
If you will remember the stock cars at the last Silvia drag day had trouble getting into the 15s, and some didnt even make it that far.
The SR20det is an awsome engine, certianly better than anything with pistons that Mazda has produced, but the 200sx is heavier than you might think.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:03 AM   #54
VH45DETTwithNOS
AF Newbie

wow the performance car, NZ boy's are here, nice one......

I agree step into the real world of the 180sx and 200sx's and you will find the limits are in easy reach to those untrained.....

umm well try the S12 Silvia w/ the VG30E in it(Standard I might add, from 85' - 87'), that'll be a hoot.. HA! Great I though the FJ20DET powered S12 was a bit of a tail happy thing, that V-6 powered S12 was a drag car even with the multi-link rear end...

oh one last thing the Ford Probe well the name say's it all for me..

ok this is it the last thing.... 24 psi FJ20DET = 433hp @ 6,200 @ the rear wheels just dyno'ed on Tuesday in Magick Wellyland, are I got a race shop with a 4WD capable Dyno just down the road from my friendly abode(sleepin' area), sweet as..... sorry nothing really..
Readily - either way it better be
Don't you fuckin' pity me
get up, get off.........

Slipknot - (SIC)
Old 03-12-2003, 02:10 AM   #55
Moppie
Master Connector

Quote:
Originally posted by VH45DETTwithNOS
umm well try the S12 Silvia w/ the VG30E in it(Standard I might add, from 85' - 87'), that'll be a hoot.. HA!

I thought these were only ever sold in North America and Australia?
Iv certianly never seen one here in NZ.
And the old FJ20 powered cars were heaps of fun to drive! one of the last true nissans before they started to run out of money.

And its a little known secret that despite being hosted in the US, its Kiwis who actualy run AF.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:14 AM   #56
VH45DETTwithNOS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie

I thought these were only ever sold in North America and Australia?
Iv certianly never seen one here in NZ.
And the old FJ20 powered cars were heaps of fun to drive! one of the last true nissans before they started to run out of money.

And its a little known secret that despite being hosted in the US, its Kiwis who actualy run AF.
yeah they were only sold in the States and Aussie, but I imported the VG30 kit for my S12 as a guide to see how we could mount a VH45DE in the engine bay, well it fits, with enough room for a turbo or supercharger oh well these things happen........
Readily - either way it better be
Don't you fuckin' pity me
get up, get off.........

Slipknot - (SIC)
Old 03-12-2003, 07:42 AM   #57
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie

16psi is a lot of boost, certianly a lot more than standard. And he's clearly a very very good driver.
If you will remember the stock cars at the last Silvia drag day had trouble getting into the 15s, and some didnt even make it that far.
The SR20det is an awsome engine, certianly better than anything with pistons that Mazda has produced, but the 200sx is heavier than you might think.
At factory boost he did a 13.8 :finger: As for recently he peddled the car to a 12.78. I hopped in and did no less than two consecutive 12.8 flat's which after 9 more goes he couldn't get back below my time in his car again. It is a quick car for what it is and what has been done to it.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:16 AM   #58
TatII
AF Fanatic

moppie there is no way that a turbo silvia barely hits 15's. those guys must suck big balls. my car hit 15.5 and i'm n/a~!!!!

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 03-14-2003, 07:21 AM   #59
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Besides Mopster you know me. You've been in my car. Not to mention there are a number of forum users who know me personally as well. Trying to BS someone on here would only get me caught dude

When the 12.8's and 12.78 were done he was running 1.2 bar or 17.4 psi of boost. He knows the motor is going to go and it is a matter of time but he also has a spare engine he is building right now that will or should be able to handle 650hp out of that SR20DET.

Hey also there is an SDU Drag day coming up in May I believe. You keen to come down and give a bunch of the Skyline owners a bit of the willy's and also get another blat down in the GTR? Pushing a damn sight more grunt then last time so should be all good.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:03 PM   #60
Moppie
Master Connector

Quote:
Originally posted by RazorGTR
Besides Mopster you know me. .

Oh I believe you!
But you also didnt mention what else had been done to the car.
Remembe the Silver Primera at the Silvia drag day that was running consistant 15s flat? Well that had an almost stock engine, yet was going over a second faster than its stock time.
The totaly stock Silvias were just getting into the 15s, the modified cars were going faster.

And I would love to come down to another drag day and scare the shit out of some skylines, but my cars getting a bit long in the tooth, and Im a bit short in the wallet. To scare the skylines I would have to spank the crap out of it, and I just know Ill break something the moment I try that.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons