Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Talking Nissan Sentra SE-R vs. Mazda Protege5

Both Nissan and Mazda are putting ready-to-roll pocket rockets on the streets next year.

I like the Protege5, mostly because of styling. I like it because it's a wagon/hatchback. I also think Mazda did a better job with the "aggressive stance" front end styling.

I think the SE-R ended up looking like the new Frontier. When they announced it, I thought they were going to use a much more Skyline-esque front end. Oh well.

When I get home later, I'll put some stats up (if no one beats me to it! )

edit: spelling

Last edited by Jay!; 05-25-2001 at 08:41 PM.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 06:03 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I don't not see the resemblance to an Xterra. To me it actually looks like a skyline. The new SE-R's are gonna be just that, pocket rockets. People are gonna sleep on them and if the aftermarket makes a big support for them, I think even I would consider getting a Sentra. Never thought I'd say that. Wheeewww!!
Old 05-25-2001, 07:22 PM   #3
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I suspect the aftermarket will support both cars. The Mazda really needs more power. And lets face it, you can never have too much power. For me the hardest part of getting a Sentra is the frontier-like front (not super-strong, but definetly there.) And whether to get a 'base' or spec-V. The spec V has 180 hp vs 170, bigger wheels, etc. But I could get all that from the aftermarket.
I like the Sentra for its big engine (2.5L!), and therefor good torque, especially low-down. It will be fast and fairly cheap, it should live up to its fore-fathers. I like it.
The Mazda, I like the looks, but the smaller engine means less power (duh!). Even modded, it would take a lot to match the Sentra's characheristics, and if both modded, the Sentra will have better characteristics. Their still is no replacement for displacement. But I think it is neat nonetheless.
OK, for me its the Sentra. But I think they both deserve to sell well. The Mazda may look better, but these cars WILL BE MODDED!!! So I can make it look like whatever I want.
Lets here some more opinions!!
Toodles!

PS, why isn't there a poll??
Old 05-30-2001, 11:48 PM   #4
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Ok heres how i feel ....mazda....needs ALOT more power and get rid of that wagon deal and get a couple ..now that would be nice i LOVE the front end of the mazda . Now the Se-r is pretty damn sweet the pics i saw in sports compact were nice espically the interior ...and the rockfordfosgate system that comes standard 400 watts. the 17in factory rims are alright . i would take the Se-r just b/c it could spank the mazda
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote