Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 04:15 AM   #1
Ralli
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ralli
Talking My BlueBird - u13

here is a pic of my bluebird SSS. actually most of the mods were done by my partner as we both own the car. but I hope you like it.

it isnt a very good shot as i had to resize it for it to fit on here. BUt all the same.......hope it is okay. :flash:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00522.jpg (58.3 KB, 271 views)

Ralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

can anyone give me a legitimate reason why these cars can't come into the us?
BTW nice car
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
KeGrO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KeGrO
probably the way that their built... since safety standards are different and more strict in the US, isn't that an altima anyways? or is it something else?
KeGrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #4
KeGrO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KeGrO
nevermind forget what i said about it being an altima
KeGrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
Datsun_Dude
AF Newbie

Altima

That IS an Altima... Well, except for it being AWD and stuff.

I'm wondering, though, if anyone knows of any importers who could sell me a front clip--and drivetrain too. I would also need the entire floor(U.S. version has a narrow bulge) in order to route the rear wheel drive train... And I've read that the fuel tank is different.

I was wondering as well if the AWD version only comes in auto... If this is true, I'm not really interested in the conversion; that's too big of a sacrifice.
Datsun_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #6
The Blackbird
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to The Blackbird Send a message via MSN to The Blackbird
nice car but personally i prefer the '89 model of the sss bluebird.

i'm also wanting to convert a bluebird to rear wheel cuz i want to drop a 20btt engine in but im sure its gonna b a mission to do
The Blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #7
WodinAU
AF Newbie

Hey Ralli, nice ride..

Could you clarify for me wether the Bluebird and Altima are the same body??

I am looking at a 93 LX U13 S1 Blubird and want to get a decent body kit but all I can find is Altima kits..

Cheers
WodinAU
WodinAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:43 AM   #8
sanders4_
AF Newbie

Re: Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun_Dude
That IS an Altima... Well, except for it being AWD and stuff.

I'm wondering, though, if anyone knows of any importers who could sell me a front clip--and drivetrain too. I would also need the entire floor(U.S. version has a narrow bulge) in order to route the rear wheel drive train... And I've read that the fuel tank is different.

I was wondering as well if the AWD version only comes in auto... If this is true, I'm not really interested in the conversion; that's too big of a sacrifice.
alright, first things first. i am assuming that most of us are from australia with this thread, i know the the author is. the SSS was in that photo was locally imported to australia by NISSAN has exactly the same performance specs as the LX or the TI model. no difference. Climate control air con, 'premium' 6 speaker cd, leather gear knob and steering wheel, ski port, rear wiper, heads up display (projects speed and info onto windsheild, "chrome exhaust finisher", factory side skirts which did not pertrude below the body, and a spoiler on the back.

as far as sports mods go, it has SSS badging, and a 'sports trim' interior, besides that it is a FWD with the KA24DE putting out 112 kW, making 210 Nm of torque.

and to make things even stranger, the sports model weighs more than the base model, some 1320 kg vs. 1270 for the LX.

so to answer wodinAU, your LX is the same as the first generation altima's, i own a 1994 bluebird LX bought from a Nissan dealership in sydney.
body kits unfortunately are strictly a US thing, there is little to no aftermarket support for the bluebird in australia. the bluebird/altima was not that popular in aus, in the us however, it went crazy with sales, and nissan USA still sells the altima, i think its in its 3rd generation. nissan australia decided not to continue selling the bluebird, leaving us with the pulsar and the larger maxima (different to the US model maxima)

the biggest advantage of the bluebird is that it shares the same stud pattern and offset as the S13 silvia so there should be plently of wheels to choose from.

ohh, and the U13 bluebird SSS Attesa does come in manual, 5 speed. with a few simple mods you can smoke a WRX at the lights.
sanders4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 AM   #9
DET20
AF Newbie

Re: My BlueBird - u13

I, i have a Sr20det with an AWD transmission, to transplant into a FWD bluebird...however i dont want to go all wheel drive i will just settle for FWD, have you heard of anyone who used the AWD tranny as a FWD leaving the DIFF disconnected if so how does the car perform i've heard that alot of the power is distributed to the rear wheels....i've been told the FWD tranny from my bluebird will work but wont hold out
DET20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 AM   #10
egen
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to egen
Re: My BlueBird - u13

nice car, iv got a SSS Bluebird SR20DE can anyone tell me some little things i could do to the car to make the preformance better then it is, i already have K&N pob filter and new rear muffler and removed cat any ideas id really like to know! thanx
egen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #11
nz_aj
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My BlueBird - u13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET20
I, i have a Sr20det with an AWD transmission, to transplant into a FWD bluebird...however i dont want to go all wheel drive i will just settle for FWD, have you heard of anyone who used the AWD tranny as a FWD leaving the DIFF disconnected if so how does the car perform i've heard that alot of the power is distributed to the rear wheels....i've been told the FWD tranny from my bluebird will work but wont hold out
The way it's done is to use the FWD tranny, RS5F50A or RS5F50V (assuming your bluebird is not U14, in which case it's RS5F32A and is still strong enough for FWD). It's plenty strong enough for standard boost. The viscous LSD version is a good idea. The gearset is the same as the 4WD version which also is used with the SR20DET.
nz_aj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza