Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
nujac
AF Newbie

94 trooper trany swap. How much time?

I need to do a automatic transmission swap on my 94 3.2L 4x4 94 Trooper and was wondering how many hours does it usually take for the first timer doing it at of home. I was also wondering since the transmission that I will be putting in came out of wrecked car would it be wise to have a transmission shop look at it before I go to all of the trouble of installing it? What is the standard charge for checking transmission? Also is their a standard repair kit that could be installed why I have the transmission out of the car and would it be worth doing.

Thanks for your time
nujac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
trooperbc
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 trooper trany swap. How much time?

i'll look in the flat rate manual and you can multipy it by x10 or so. be sure you have the proper jacks, including a rated trans jack. some have talked about using ratchet straps around the trans and frame. this thing is HEAVY. take care.

i don't know what they can check off the car. they will say they will charge you ($200) to diagnosis by taking it apart, and then they will tell you need to rebuild it. don't do that.

the only 'standard' 'repair kit' in this instance is new pan gaskets--both of them, new filter, new ATF, new plug gasket.

figure out how to do this prior to installing it; what you find in the pan and filter should tell you something about the condition of the trans you are putting in, as will the condition of the old ATF. look for water if it's been sitting around in a yard.

-- what year model is it from?

//bc

i love a good intermittent electrical challenge. . .especially when it's someone else's.
trooperbc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard