Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 01:08 PM   #1
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

East Coast Xterra Challenge

Just a quick FYI to anounce the second annual ECXC on the weekend of July 13th, the event is being organized by MAXC and will offer all levels of challenging trails for stock trucks to those with serious modifications...no one will be disappointed! A website with more info and sign up forms is almost complete and will be launched shortly. Where is it being held...well lets just say in the Northeast at a location that has had many articles and photo shoots appear in all the 4x4 magazines...more to come soon!!!:evillaugh
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 09:18 PM   #2
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm, maybe I should skip Moab and take two weeks off in the summer to drive to the East coast! I don't know if I can wait that long to go though.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

Hey Chuck you've been to Moab already right? I GUARANTEE that the wheeling we have planned will leave a grin from ear to ear for the entire ride back, come wheel with us EAST COAST style.

:evillaugh :evillaugh
Old 02-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
Goliath the X
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Goliath the X Send a message via Yahoo to Goliath the X
Come on Chuck... you know you wanna... all the cool kids are doing it...

Peer pressure is a bitch
MAXC
Goliath the X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 04:32 AM   #5
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

I know, but 7000 miles of gas for the Xterra might take me 50 years to pay for! That and I don't know if my ass could stand being in the seat for that long.

I would like to go. I'll think about it, but it is a lot of driving just for one weekend of wheeling. But, I could make quite a trip out of it and see a lot of places. I'll have to see how my money situation looks toward the summer.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:29 AM   #6
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to warmonger Send a message via Yahoo to warmonger
Chuck,

Now you know how us East Coast folks feel about the drive to GOX. We do have some great places to play here if you have balls of steel. Once you factor in the rocks and mud, you have one heckuva combination. A trail that is a level two dry can be an all-bets-are-off trail after a rainstorm. You might as well be crawling Moab in an ice storm. TN and NC are famous for the disgusting clay that slides like WD-40 when you hit it. I can't vouch for PA, but I can vouch for the south.

warmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #7
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

"TN and NC are famous for the disgusting clay that slides like WD-40 when you hit it."

Sounds like our local Naches Trail. It's already a level 6 or 7 I think, but when wet it's like driving on snot in places. The muck it creates is nearly as slippery as ice.

Uhhh, Moab in an ice storm would be BAD! For that matter, even rain at moab would make things nasty.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:50 PM   #8
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

I heard someone has some nice new padded seats...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH
I know, but 7000 miles of gas for the Xterra might take me 50 years to pay for! That and I don't know if my ass could stand being in the seat for that long.

I would like to go. I'll think about it, but it is a lot of driving just for one weekend of wheeling. But, I could make quite a trip out of it and see a lot of places. I'll have to see how my money situation looks toward the summer.