Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #1
rowser
AF Newbie

Changing Headlights on 2000 envoy

I am looking for any info on replacing the headlights on a 2000 envoy. The low beam burned out on the passenger side and the mechanic says the dealer parts to replace it are going to be in the area of $700. seems to me like there should be a replacement for them that takes regular bulbs instead of the Hi intensity Blue bulbs. or am I mistaken????
Old 07-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
envoy2001
AF Newbie

Re: Changing Headlights on 2000 envoy

I have an 01 generation 1 envoy your service tech is right its in the ballpark of 700.+ to fix. Sorry i wasnt much help if you need to know anything else let me know
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
AXV570
AF Newbie

Hey Rowser,
Are you looking to get rid of your HID headlights?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
MDY
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowser
I am looking for any info on replacing the headlights on a 2000 envoy. The low beam burned out on the passenger side and the mechanic says the dealer parts to replace it are going to be in the area of $700. seems to me like there should be a replacement for them that takes regular bulbs instead of the Hi intensity Blue bulbs. or am I mistaken????

I to have the $$$$$$$$$$ problem with the headlights. What did you finally do? Pay the man?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
rowser
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Changing Headlights on 2000 envoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDY
I to have the $$$$$$$$$$ problem with the headlights. What did you finally do? Pay the man?

Still Looking for them.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #6
bbcamross
AF Newbie

Rowser, I went through the same thing, If it is the driver side light, be sure the wire is not cut. I found the $700. thing at the dealership. So I went to a body shop and bought the light bulb/ignitor. for $300. Got home and found the wire cut/rubbed through... Cant return the bulb so if you need one I have one for sale. Also there is a starter for the bulb under the bumper, the cover on mine was cracked, not sure why, so I replaced that for about $300. These are very expensive lights, but work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowser
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
MDY
AF Newbie

Here's my sad update: I need the whole works - bulb, starter and ballast. Dealer ordered parts to the tune of $700.00 to fix. They get parts and after waiting 2 hours - they tell me that GM has changed vendors and the parts that arriveed "are not up to GM spec's" (whatever that means).

Bottom line - I'm screwed. No parts available in the entire US, but I'm first one the list, maybe 2 weeks, maybe 6 months.

All you Envoy owners beware. I am researching the aftermarket HID/Xenon head lamps.

If anybody has any suggestions or past experience, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
vashthestampede
Banned

I just ordered my parts for $400 this past week from the local automotive shop and will be putting them in myself tmr. Would be doing it today but not feeling to great...

Its a fairly simple task, and doesn’t take much time nor tools to do the job. You’ll always pay an arm and a leg at the dealer....that’s why I do all my work myself. I saved $1800 replacing my intake manifold gasket myself, rather than letting the dealer have a chance to even look at it.

Try searching online for the parts. You’ll find them for cheaper for sure. Once the parts are in hand....take off the bumper and remove the light and go at it. Should take no longer than 2 hours at the most. Good luck with it.

Vash-
Old 01-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Pekahnomics
AF Newbie

Seriously, you do not need to replaced the ignitor, ballast, and bulb.

It is simply one of those three. Also, changing this stuff is so easy, don't let the dealership screw you.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
maxwedge
A990 racer

This thread is over a year old and considered inactive.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy