Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Skoda > Fabia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 10:03 AM   #1
psions5
AF Newbie

Skoda Fabia

This is the new Skoda Fabia board. Feel Free to post what you want about this Classy Supermini.

I have a few subjects to start off.

1. Why does the notchback come only in Classic and + Trims, Id love an elegance one.

2.Who likes fabia and why?

3. Does the 1.4 75 BHP Automatic version I own (Notchback) use the same engine the 100BHP 16v version. Why the hell didnt they put the 100bhp version in. I mean 0-60 in 17.3 seconds is rediculous. Even my Aunties micra 1.4 CVT gets 0-60 in 12.
psions5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
The_British_Lion
AF Newbie

Have you seen the new VRs version?

I like it very much!!

Its a diesel and it can out perform a Boxter 40 mph onwards!! Its even got a top speed of 130 mph!!

Returns an amazing 60mpg also!!!!

TBL
PS how do you attach pictures etc?
The_British_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:26 AM   #3
psions5
AF Newbie

Unhappy Yes

Personally I would buy one, at a shade of 12000 Quid, and shaming some sports cars....But apparantley the handling leaves something to be desired. Talking of handling i noticed how far the rear suspension is raised compared to the front on a Fabia Notchback. Sureley that means that in harsh cornering the back leans more than the front. That will cause the car to slide from the rear? A bit dangerous considering old people normally drive Fabias!

Oh, by the way, even if you are no good with Skoda's, I just wanted to know something about the cars transmission and how the autobox hampers the car.

Here is a Fabia Auto 1.416v 75bhp figures:

1390cc
Max Power hp [kw]/rpm 75 [55] /5000
Max Torque lb.ft[Nm]/rpm 93 [126] /3800
Performance
Max Speed mph [km/h] 103 [166]
Acceleration 0-62 mph 17.3
Fuel Consumption mpg [1/100km]
Urban** 27.2 [10.4]
Extra Urban** 47.1 [6]
Combined** 37.2 [7.6]
CO2 Emissions g/km** 182
Kerb Weight* 2679 [1245]

Ok here we go the manual 16v 100bhp:

CC 1390
Max Power hp [kw]/rpm 100 [74] /6000
Max Torque lb.ft[Nm]/rpm 93 [126] /4400
Performance
Max Speed mph [km/h] 115 [185]
Acceleration 0-62 mph 11.6
Fuel Consumption mpg [1/100km]
Urban** 31.4 [9]
Extra Urban** 52.3 [5.4]
Combined** 42.2 [6.7]
CO2 Emissions g/km** 161
Kerb Weight* 2612 [1185]

What the hell happened here, Can someone explain why an auto box hampers performance, emmisions and fuel economy sooo much. The Auto drinks 4mpg less than the 2 litre version and fits into the "D" Insurance category, Whereas the much faster 16v Manual is in "C"

What can I do to make it faster, any Ideas on that suspension?
psions5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
pauldowker
AF Newbie

fabia vrs

HI,

i'm new to the forum but thought i'd post, I've got an 05 plate vrs. just done 6500 miles now, had it four months. The best car i've had.

Got talking to a guy who runs track days and recommended i fit better suspension, got eibach springs fitted last week and it's improved the car no end, i would highly recommend it. ABP in Crewe did the work, found them in EVO magazine.

The Telegraph ran a small bit about it last week in the honest john section, he seems to think that it is pushing closer to 145 bhp!!!!

I'm after some advice though, i'm looking inot changing the seats, would the leather seats from the Octavia Vrs bolt in with no modification, the cream is a bugger to keep clean,

Paul
pauldowker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
nikita7
AF Regular

Its 3 years since I last seen a Fabia. My mom had 1.9 TDI wagon, it was also the first car I had ever driven. Car was fantastic, for $12k you were getting everything you could ever want. Ac, ABS, SRS, Heated seats, alloys, on board computer and .... car that could go 100km on 5-6L of gas while doing 180 KM/H. I trully miss that car, it was amazingly nimble and had performance that no one expects. It is sad that Skodas are not being imported to USA, if they were I would have one in my garage. Older generations of octavia with 1.8T and later octavia RS with 200 HP ( if I remember correctly) would blow any imports in america. And Octavia RS had 270 KM/H on the speedometer.
nikita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Macleod1701
AF Newbie

Re: Skoda Fabia

Managed to convince the missus to get the VRs as opposed to the new Leon or Civic, for me it was more the price and performance over pretty exteriors and gizmos, even so the VRs is phenomenally fast and quite well equipped with cruise and heated seats, didn't need anything else so why pay £4k more for less performance & fun. Was a bit naughty on a test drive and had it up to 110mph before I got worried and slowed down because the car was still accelerating at a hell of a speed. Didn't find handling to be too bad at all and all round I'm chuffed to bits with it. Would recommend it to anyone.
Macleod1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
Mark Rudy
AF Newbie

anyone know how someone in the US can get one of these? I drove a diesel model as a rental on a recent trip to Moscow and fell in love. I HAVE to have one lol
Mark Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #8
nikita7
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rudy
anyone know how someone in the US can get one of these? I drove a diesel model as a rental on a recent trip to Moscow and fell in love. I HAVE to have one lol
You can't...Unless you want to buy it in Europe and than Import it here. I bet Customs will tax it like crazy, because skodas offer so much and ask for so little compared to US made cars.
91 transmission
CF hood
No-name intake
Reverse glow gauges!
nikita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Mark Rudy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita7
You can't...Unless you want to buy it in Europe and than Import it here. I bet Customs will tax it like crazy, because skodas offer so much and ask for so little compared to US made cars.

LOL define heavily might still be worth paying the taxes
Mark Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #10
shailbpl
AF Newbie

Fabia in terms of ride comfort is gr8 , its got a peppy engine too , but its too noisy , overally its an very expensive car , i feel it aint worth . I would rather wait for the Punto , Linea .
Old 12-01-2008, 01:16 AM   #11
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote