Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #16
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Exclamation

I already have 666 tattooed behind my ear. Come to think of it I was born with that tattoo? :rocket:
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:58 PM   #17
Craigs_Tonka
AF Regular

First Mod I Did and a "must have"

After lightly tapping the filter on paper towels. After other people saw how clean my truck was inside after wheeling I installed a couple other for members of AZXC.

Here is the new beside the old and the part number on the box for reference material.

I hope these pictures turned out ok,,,,, it was before my digital days.
SLR 3" Lift, SLR IV Intake, SLR Steering Stabilizer, 32" BFG MT km's, Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Gibson Exhaust, Custom Rock Sliders, Custom Safari Rack, CO2 Air Tank, Daylighters, CB, with more to come.
Craigs_Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:50 PM   #18
Aythya
AF Newbie

In Cabin Micro Filter

Has anyone installed one in a 2000 model? I inquired with the dealer and he made it sound as though it wasn't even an option. Also, if it can be done could someone give some details on the cutting that was mentioned?

Thanks!
Aythya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 07:01 PM   #19
RedX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RedX
Aythya:

It certainly can be done on a 2000 model. I just did mine two weeks ago. Simple procedure. The only thing that needs to be cut is a slot (you'll see it in the instructions for the filters). Just remove your glove box (for access-4 screws if I remember correctly), cut that out with a sharp X-acto or box-cutter type knife per the instructions, slide the filters in, re-attach you glove box, and you're off and running. I would order the filter from xterraparts.com. The Dealer may try and jack you for the cost of the filters. Xterraparts.has good prices on the dealer available things. (Filters should run you around $30 or so.)
RedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:28 PM   #20
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: In Cabin Micro Filter

Quote:
Originally posted by Aythya
Has anyone installed one in a 2000 model? I inquired with the dealer and he made it sound as though it wasn't even an option.

Thanks!
Yes, you can. And if the dealer is giving you that line, I would be warry of their other "advice" or "recommendations" for repairs.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:13 AM   #21
Craigs_Tonka
AF Regular

Re: In Cabin Micro Filter

Quote:
Originally posted by Aythya
Has anyone installed one in a 2000 model?
I've had one in my 2000 since the day I drove it home. It was the first thing that I did to it. My dealer knew about it and had the filter in stock.

I also agree with Schlud, that if the dealer is that stupid,,,,, beware!
SLR 3" Lift, SLR IV Intake, SLR Steering Stabilizer, 32" BFG MT km's, Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Gibson Exhaust, Custom Rock Sliders, Custom Safari Rack, CO2 Air Tank, Daylighters, CB, with more to come.
Craigs_Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:11 PM   #22
Aythya
AF Newbie

Cool In cabin filter

:frog: Thanks to everyone! I'm looking forward to having a cleaner cab and not breathing so much dust!
Aythya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 06:58 PM   #23
Goliath the X
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Goliath the X Send a message via Yahoo to Goliath the X
When I purchased my xterra there were over 30 on the lot and every one had an in cabin microfilter.

I guess I should change it, it has been 14 months. I always wondered where the damn thing was. Never did take the glove box out to see if it was back there.

D'Oh
MAXC
Goliath the X is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail