Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
Yooperfinn11
AF Newbie

03 z71 chirping

I had my rear main seal replaced at a shop they said the flex Plat had ware spots witch I saw replaced it. When I got it back this churping started sounds like it is coming from the bellhousing gets louder when the engine warms up, other than the sound seemed to be running good oil pressure was normal. Got in it after lunch the other day no oil pressure. Had to get the kids from school. I didn't make it. Any ides there was a couple hezititation befor it totally died stalled at 55. No loud noises other than the churping at the time. Had it back at the shop twice and they can't tell me what the noise is. Truck has 200,000 on it didn't have any noises prior to the rear main getting replaced.
Yooperfinn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 03 z71 chirping

If you had no oil pressure and drove it til it died, pretty self explanatory, most likely the engine seized!! The cause, unknown til it was disassembled for analysis. Sorry.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban