Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 AM   #1
searcherrr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to searcherrr Send a message via MSN to searcherrr Send a message via Yahoo to searcherrr
Question Charger R/T stalls immediately following u-turn

2006 Charger 5.7L Hemi with 25k miles on it.

What would cause the car to just simply TURN OFF with no warning immediately following a U-turn at moderate speed? I was pulling into a red light area and the car just died.

What happens if the battery in the key goes out? Does the car just STALL in the middle of operation? Just 1 theory there and would like to know about that, but I don't think thats the situation here.

As soon as it died the only thing that was on was the engine oil light and the a/c fan was still blowing.

I of course had not touched the key or anything like that for this to happen.

As soon as I restarted the car and put it in Drive I hit the accelerator and the damn thing just REVVED and didn't go anywhere. It didn't engage into Drive until about 10 - 15 seconds later.... although I am not sure if I started the car while it was in Drive or in Park and then shifted to Drive thereafter.... but subsequent attempts to start it while in Drive do not even start the car so I must've had it back in Park first.

Anyone else had this problem? I cannot f'in believe this is happening on a car with only 25k miles.
"I drive the newest 1995 Ford Windstar anywhere..... when its not broken."
searcherrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
wayneo69
AF Regular

Re: Charger R/T stalls immediately following u-turn

take it back to the dealer its still uner the 3/36 warranty do you have a trans leak by any chance that could exsplain both of the problems you discribed low on trany fluid and dont waste your time trying to check the fluid there is no dipstick but there is a dipstick tube (stupid and a pain in the ass you have to go buy a special dip stick that)
wayneo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
wayneo69
AF Regular

also may be bad iac or map
wayneo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #4
searcherrr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to searcherrr Send a message via MSN to searcherrr Send a message via Yahoo to searcherrr
Exclamation Re: Charger R/T stalls immediately following u-turn

Actually i think its related to the ESP/BAS and traction system. When the ESP system is turned ON (default) when hitting the gas pedal from a dead stop especially the 1st one when its cold the gas takes the car NO WHERE. When you turn OFF the ESP system this behavior goes away completely. I bet somewhere along the line this plays into the multidisplacement cylinder system trying to figure out how much gas should be pumped at what rate and something has gone awry with it or it is just a buggy system to begin with. The stalling has only happened once, but the pedal not responding immediately as it should happens all the time and normally from a dead stop. WE took it to the dealer and of course cause there are no lights on anywhere they don't know squat just like the rest of the dumbed down work of mechanics out there today.
"I drive the newest 1995 Ford Windstar anywhere..... when its not broken."
searcherrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
dornrn
AF Newbie

05 RT with 73,000 miles, car dies several times within a few blocks after filling up with fuel, oil light comes on , but no engine check light. After intial engine quiting and restarts it runs fine. It does not matter how much fuel is put in the tank. I always pull the hose after auto shut-off and I tried just putting in a couple of gallons to test, with same results. It may take several seconds for the transmission to engage after restart. Dealers have no clue.
dornrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Allheat
AF Newbie

I have had this happen in my 2009 R/T it is tottally an ESP issue when the car feels that in a sense it is out of control with esp on it shuts down its really weird but basically cuts the engine steering and everything stillo work

Next time you pull a u turn just turn off the esp and it shouldnt happen
Allheat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8