Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Western US
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Western US Arizona, New Mexico, Washington and other Western US states.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #106
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

Re: All Northwest Ppl...listen Up

I drove up to Seattle last Tuesday and god, I am never doing it again. All in all it's about a 6 hour drive from where I live, and I spent about an hour and 45 minutes completely lost up there before deciding to return home. I'm up for any meet in Portland/Vancouver, but anything futher than that, I'm afraid I won't be down for.
jajimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:44 AM   #107
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7

alright, I got some interest over at SHO, let's start really planning this. I think we should do like an activity, then dinner. So what is there we can do in the Portland/Vancouver area before heading off to dinner?

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
GScivic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #108
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

hit up PIR =P
Old 03-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #109
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

sounds like a plan, any other ideas?

Old 03-14-2004, 06:19 PM   #110
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

Amateur drifting competition in the Lloyd Center parking garage?
Old 03-14-2004, 11:47 PM   #111
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Let's see, PIR was mentioned, it has late night drags on fridays and saturdays (as well as other events throughout the week. It tends to have more people before the decibal limit hits at like 9 or 10pm. I don't remember the costs off the top of my head. As for what else, I mean...hmm...what else do we like to do? There's the typical movies, shootin pool...though I don't know if that's up our alley or not, especially if we get decent sized turn out. I'll keep thinking and see what else I can come up with. For a guy who's lived here his entire life, I am amazingly un-creative about what there is to do, lol. As far as car events, that's the main weekend thing down here...PIR. Well, that or Woodburn. I've never been to the Woodburn Dragstrip for something like that though. There has to be some local autocrossing and sorts, though I haven't looked it up myself. Is there a time frame we want the meet to start or end at, or is it pretty open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajimo
Amateur drifting competition in the Lloyd Center parking garage?
That's got to be a joke, right. Drifting in the Lloyd Center parking, lol, definatly intersting.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #112
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

I'd say it's pretty open. Aslong as we give good enough notice for people to take the day off and such, we can plan just about anything. Maybe even something that extends past just one day.

And I'd prefer nothing too illegal.

Late night drags sound kinda fun. My car is bone stock, but it has enough power to hold its own. People could pool some money together for hotels or if someone is able to provide some room for people to stay that would be cool too. We have the next 3 or so months to plan this so we can take our time and really work out the details.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:42 AM   #113
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

So, I've been thinking, I really like this PIR idea, how late is the track open till?

Old 03-17-2004, 01:38 AM   #114
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: All Northwest Ppl...listen Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScivic7
So, I've been thinking, I really like this PIR idea, how late is the track open till?
PIR is open until midnight I believe. I think the Late Night Drag hours are 7pm until midnight, with the decibal limit hitting around 9 or 10pm. I don't remember the pricing, though I think it's around $7 or for a spectator and around $20-25 to participate. If some of us don't feel like racing our cars, that's cool. Some cars can drag while others just chill, etc. Hey, you're car's faster than a bone stock Honda, lol.

That's a cool idea, something that extends past 1 day. There's not much extra room at my house, maybe room for like maybe 1 or 2 people. Yeah, if people pooled money toghter a hotel is an option. That would definatly be cool if we had a thing spread over a few days. Maybe if some of us down here could fit 1 or 2 people and we pooled money towards a hotel, that would go a long way. About how many are we looking at right now who want to attend (that would help with planning overnight arrangments). Anyways, yeah, I'd be cool if a bunch of us hit up PIR late night drags on a friday or saturday or something.

I agree, I'd perfer something not too illegel, lol.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:53 AM   #115
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Well, from the feedback i've been getting so far from different boards is that maily people who are going to attend are going to be down in the area. From where it stands right now, me and Vince would be the only ones doing any real lengthy driving. I think we should plan on this though, dinner and then PIR. It would be great if it was on a Saturday, sometime between late June and September for me.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:26 AM   #116
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Well, from the feedback i've been getting so far from different boards is that maily people who are going to attend are going to be down in the area. From where it stands right now, me and Vince would be the only ones doing any real lengthy driving. I think we should plan on this though, dinner and then PIR. It would be great if it was on a Saturday, sometime between late June and September for me.
Yeah, firday or saturday would be cool. Saturday is probably a bit more practical. If most people from the boards are down here, overnight arangments shouldn't be an issue. I can probably swing for you and vince, though I am really not sure this early. If I can't, I am sure someone will have room for 2 people. Yeah, dinner and PIR I think is a go. If it's going to be a day or 2 down here, we can always paln other stuff to do also along with those 2 things. I agree, June-Sept are fairly dry...good months for PIR, lol. Plus school/college is out, which is great for a lot of us too
Old 03-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #117
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

I like 6/26, 7/3, and 7/17 for dates to do this. Those are all Saturdays. I'll be working this summer and I know Friday's probably won't work out even though my boss would probably give me the day off.

What does everyone else think?

Old 03-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #118
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
I like 6/26, 7/3, and 7/17 for dates to do this. Those are all Saturdays. I'll be working this summer and I know Friday's probably won't work out even though my boss would probably give me the day off.

What does everyone else think?
I don't see a problem with any those dates right now. July 3rd is one day before my Birthday, July 4th (seriously, that's my birthday). That's an interseting Idea, lol.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #119
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

Summer

I'm taking Japanese intensive courses this summer to prepare for my over-seas study in Tokyo but the class gets out at noon so as long as I get advanced notice I can get the weekend off from work. Than I'd be down for something in Portland for sure. This might be an opportunity to place orders for JDM stuff also =P
Old 03-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #120
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajimo
I'm taking Japanese intensive courses this summer to prepare for my over-seas study in Tokyo but the class gets out at noon so as long as I get advanced notice I can get the weekend off from work. Than I'd be down for something in Portland for sure. This might be an opportunity to place orders for JDM stuff also =P
So you are doing a study abround program in Toyko? When are you going and for how long?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Western US