Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
JPubbly
AF Newbie

99 Ls need to learn about cars and HP gain

Hey i have a 99 ls with 148 hp stock but i have no idea about the whp... i have added a turbonator, K&N air filter, and 2 1/4" piping on my exhaust. I want to know how much yall think i gained from adding all that and what else i can do to add horsepower for cheap... i am adding an aem cold air intake next but i have to get paid first. I keep hearing about cam and cam timing but i know nothing about all of that and i need help. Im a car newb and i need someone to help me find some inexpensive ways to make my car faster...shooting for 200hp only b/c its a nice round number...dont know if its possible with my income. PLZ HELP...and i cant touch anything that will up insurance. If you dont know what a turbonator is check it out at turbonator.com... i think thats the site.
JPubbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:15 AM   #2
sleeper97
AF Regular

Re: 99 Ls need to learn about cars and HP gain

are u sure that ur car gets 148 hp stock....... idk .. u could use a jet chip or bulid the head up to get more hp, new headers um..... stuff like that. ( hp doesnt come cheap)
sleeper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:17 AM   #3
sleeper97
AF Regular

O do u like that turbonator? does it work?
sleeper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #4
Rating
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rating

This is from HaynesXtreme customizing Magazine. Make sure you read everything Enjoy

Im not proud of my car because its fast, Im proud of it be cause I built it that way.
Rating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #5
JPubbly
AF Newbie

Yeah i have the turbonator and i like it...it didnt do much untill i got the k&n air filter...it got more air to the air hose then the turbonator got it to the engine faster. It gave me a lot more torque also. make sure to get a high performance air filter if you buy the turbonator. I spent like $140 on all of it. Just bought some chip thing that messes with the fuel/oxygen ratio in your car for $30 and its suppose to give 20hp. But i guess ill find out in a few days.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
JPubbly
AF Newbie

No im not sure if my car gets 148hp but thats what they say Ls 99 integras come with so im just going off that. Thanks for the advice about the headers but they are way to expensive for me and i know BIG HP doesnt come cheap but im just looking for like 50 more and i should have about 20-30 more already. I dont care to race much or anything just like to be faster than some stock cars.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
joeblowme
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 99 Ls need to learn about cars and HP gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPubbly
No im not sure if my car gets 148hp but thats what they say Ls 99 integras come with so im just going off that. Thanks for the advice about the headers but they are way to expensive for me and i know BIG HP doesnt come cheap but im just looking for like 50 more and i should have about 20-30 more already. I dont care to race much or anything just like to be faster than some stock cars.
dude your car gets 120 to the wheels because i got a 99 ls too maybe you might have 3-5 more hp because of your intake so maybe your car has 125 whp
joeblowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 AM   #8
joeblowme
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 99 Ls need to learn about cars and HP gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblowme
dude your car gets 120 to the wheels because i got a 99 ls too maybe you might have 3-5 more hp because of your intake so maybe your car has 125 whp
If you want 200 hp just get yourself a real turbo like greddy then put an exhaust and intercooler and you should be right around 200 to the wheels
joeblowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #9
Mshkttck
AF Enthusiast

I hear that the turbonator is a ripoff.

mshkttck: you are a
mshkttck: LYER!!!
mshkttck: LIER!!
alex: liar?
mshkttck: LIAR, yes, thank you
alex: haha
alex: rofl
Mshkttck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:17 PM   #10
boosted k20
AF Enthusiast

well that chip u baught is a POS. it proabably gave u like 2-5 HP (to the wheels) at the most.
With intake, full exhaust and a good header, u will only see about a 15 HP gain to the wheels.
Now u say u want to add an extra 50 HP to ur car. to do that ur gonna need alot of work to ur motor. To get that hp increase ur either gonna have to use nitrous, turbo charge ur car or do n an LS/VTEC conversion with some other work done. U said u dont have alot of cash so those mods wont be applicable to u.

A stock LS will proably put down about 120-125 HP to the wheels. with I/H/E u might be hitting mid 130's HP. Thats far from ur 200 whp goal. If i were u i would save up and buy a set of decent cams for ur car like the Crower 62403's and upgraded valve springs and retainers. It's expensive though, about $500 for everything. later down the line swap in some High compression pistons and swap ur LS tranny for a b16 tranny. ur car will be pretty quick with those mods. I'd say that u will have about 150 HP or more to the wheels, running mid 14's in the 1/4 mile.

my word of advice, just save save save and spend ur money wisely.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #11
silver bullet LS
Banned

umm. yall grease monkies need to check your info straight, my stock ls is 140 hp. So u put a turbonator with out a manifold? I think there's more to that, then just turbonator. Perhaps a manifold, blow off valve, oil cooler, integrcooler,thermostat and turbo timing. www.hksusa.com or www.greddy.com
silver bullet LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:01 AM   #12
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

ok here is the facts.
1990-91 integra ls 130 hp
1992-93 integra ls 140 hp
1994-01 integra ls 142 hp

turbonator just sound like crap, if u want cheap performance in the 200 hp mark, spray nitrous, but u have to refill. the next best affordable option is a turbo, no refills needed.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #13
shaunthebadass
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to shaunthebadass

install a k20a2 and be done with it. with the right tuning on the k-pro, youll throw down low 13's with no rpoblem. did i mention the better gas mileage?

www.hybrid-racing.com
shaunthebadass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra