Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Compass
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
XJALLDAY
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to XJALLDAY
Re: What Is Jeep Thinking???

Why does Jeep as a brand have to have all the same crap as the other brands? Chrysler can make all the crossover, cute ute, POS shitmobiles it wants, just don't put JEEP on them. If it weren't for the XJ, ZJ and rubicon wrangler, I'd say jeep should have just went out of business in '87 before DC got their dirty paws on it. What I really think should happen is Jeep should be sold to AM General, the surviving part of AMC.
XJALLDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
sanpedrodave
AF Newbie

Yep the Jeep Compass and Patriot is a Dodge just like the Trans Am was a Camaro. So what. My Patriot got me to look more at Jeep as a whole ...and what a ballsy move putting a lifetime on the engine and tranny. I city drive anyways and the Patriot works for me here. an OP was right....my Pat looks more like a jeep than the compass.
sanpedrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
Elk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpedrodave View Post
Yep the Jeep Compass and Patriot is a Dodge just like the Trans Am was a Camaro. So what. My Patriot got me to look more at Jeep as a whole ...and what a ballsy move putting a lifetime on the engine and tranny. I city drive anyways and the Patriot works for me here. an OP was right....my Pat looks more like a jeep than the compass.
No you're Compass is nothing like the Trans Am and Camaro, they were 2 different versions of the same cool car, your's is just an other version of a lame car.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #19
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
No you're Compass is nothing like the Trans Am and Camaro, they were 2 different versions of the same cool car, your's is just an other version of a lame car.
Easy now. To each his own. Just because your style choice isn't the same as someone else's doesn't mean that both yours and theirs suck - it means you both just have different tastes.

I don't like Firebirds, Camaros, Trans Ams, Liberties, Compasses or Patriots, simply because I don't fit in any of them.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #20
Elk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan View Post
Easy now. To each his own. Just because your style choice isn't the same as someone else's doesn't mean that both yours and theirs suck - it means you both just have different tastes.
It's not about style. It's the fact that the Compasse and Patriot are cars and Jeep is a suv brand.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #21
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
It's not about style. It's the fact that the Compasse and Patriot are cars and Jeep is a suv brand.

I agree 100% that Jeep compromised their off-road line of vehicles in order to go into a certain market. I also think that since at the time of development, Jeep was owned by DaimlerChrysler and I bet the Mercedes folks had a big say so (51%) into what was developed.

We'll see if I'm right; now that D-C is no more, I'll bet that Jeep will move back towards their roots, even though they might keep one of the car-like Jeeps around - for that specific market.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Compass