Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
GT500916
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GT500916
Rear right axle noise while turning...

The other day i was driving and decided to do a Uturn, while doing it i heard some kind of tapping or clicking like thump thump thump, it increased as the i acceled through the Uturn, but it doesnt many any noices while driving straight.

The the other day i was driving and thhe road started slightly turning, i was going about 50-60 the road started turning left about 15 degrees or so going about 50-60 with good tires was perfectly save, but that put enough pressure on the right side that made that same noice when i was doing that U turn earlier.

Ofcourse i got upset!! I didnt get a chance to check this problem out, but im thinking the boot my be bad and some dirty got in there, or maybe the bolts on the hub got lose? or could it be a bad bearing in the hub? anyone had this problem or have any ideas what it could possibly be?
GT500916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
GT500916
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GT500916
ok i got the car up took off the right rear wheel and chcked it all out, and everything seems fine, no shaft movement, no leaks , no torn boots, everything looks fine. Then i started the car ad put it in first gear and let that wheel spin went out and while it was spinning in first nothing bad. I then shifted to second gear and third and put it in 4th and it was spinning really fast haha, still nothing bad, everything looks fine, sounds fine.

Also tried to move the wheel in and out to check for the shaft movement, nothing, spun the wheel by hand back and worth and feels solid like everything is in place. Chcked the bolts on the caliper, checked the bolts on the hub itself, good to go. so i dont see what could be the problem really... probably monday i will check the other 3 wheels and make sure everything is fine there as well...
GT500916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
blktop
AF Newbie

Re: Rear right axle noise while turning...

i have 93 240 with sr and when i turn right or evan if i rev it up and dump the clutch it does the same thing. i was looking and i noticed i have a torn boot unlike you but i curious to know if that it
blktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
R32GTRLegend
AF Newbie

Re: Rear right axle noise while turning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktop
i have 93 240 with sr and when i turn right or evan if i rev it up and dump the clutch it does the same thing. i was looking and i noticed i have a torn boot unlike you but i curious to know if that it
once again, look at the date, this was posted 3 YEARS AGO!

1985 Toyota Celica GT - motor swap in progress
1991 Lexus ES250 - V.I.P DD
"i live in the present, and dont look back at the past, i look toward the future to better things.....and i love working on my cars" - Jonny Nguyen
R32GTRLegend is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX