Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 10:08 PM   #1
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UMIPerformance
Question Throttle Body Spacers...Anybody tried them yet??

has anybody bolted on a throttle body spacer yet? If so did you notice anything or does it just look good under the hood? The v8's seem the really notice them.
UMIPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
wheel1856
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
I had toyed with the idea a long time ago after hearing about such a thing. Then I couldn't find one anywhere...a few places didn't even know what I was talking about. You can buy an aftermarket throttle body that is larger, you can also get a new throttle "gear" I guess its called, the thing that opens up the throttle body. also you can get an aftermarket intake manifold and fuel rail, etc etc. IMO any of those options, especially all together, would be better than just a spacer...much more expensive, but better. (and easier to find).
Old 04-05-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Well see we own a performance shop and we do alot of CNC machinig. Well we make all the throttle body spacers for all the newer trucks/SUV's and we are seeing great results. We are in the process now of designing the sapcer for the Civics/accords/del-sol. We have a 96 EX we are going to test it on. I know we arent going to see the results from the compacts as the V8's but we were hoping to see some. I just wanted to see if anyone has tried them yet or any results at all. So I am just doing some research, It will be a inexpensive bolt-on but whether it does anything I dunno yet....
Old 04-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #4
gunnmen01
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gunnmen01 Send a message via Yahoo to gunnmen01
Im interested if anyone makes a cheap one...ive allready spent to much money on my cars......

gunnmen01
Old 04-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #5
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

They wont cost to much, around $60.00ea, includes everything you would need to install it, all new gaskets and hardware and any linkage plates you would need to adjust the throttle cables. We are making them so they will work with most aftermarket intakes also.I have seen a couple others for sale on line for around $100 which I think is high. They are made from Solid aluminum and you will have a choice of colors of either aluminum finsh, blue anodize or red anodize. I will post some pics as soon as I get them complete, should have them by the end of this week. :flash:
Old 04-08-2003, 11:15 AM   #6
wheel1856
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
Well hell, if you can make them, at a low opportunity cost I assume, and sell them for less than you've seen them advertised, you oughta make a killing. Like I said, when I was considering one, I couldn't find one, so you should have a head start on the market for compacts.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #7
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Hey Man! Thanks for the positive feedback. We think is going to do pretty good. I mean there is always going to be ppl that will say they will buy one and there is always going to be ppl that say they would never buy one, its like that will all products though. I have a compact show the first week of May we are gettin ready for, we are also making the spacer for the Focus,Neon and Cavalier. I will def post some pics here soon so you guys can check it out and I will put some install pics up as soon as I get some. I will post a pic of my car, we are puttin one on it here soon, I cant wait!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honda civic 2.jpg (77.0 KB, 437 views)
Old 04-08-2003, 08:00 PM   #8
firzen
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to firzen
How much is it doing for the SUV's and Trucks, and if at all possible could you get us some dyno tests done. (before and after)
firzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:59 PM   #9
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Well these are doing outstanding on the SUVs and trucks. We have gotten up to 2 miles better on a gallon of gas. Also noticed a great increase in torque up hills and mountains, lower RPMs at higher speeds on the moutains also. We installed a spacer on a 5.3L Chevy Silverado and ran it in the 1/4mile before and after. It ran 4mph faster in the 1/4 mile everytime! We were really impressed. We are seeing the best results when you have a after market intake system and exhaust. I will def try to get some dyno results for the Civic, before and After.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #10
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Finally got the spacers done and Installed one today! It went awesome, very easy install, took 15mins! We installed it on my friends 94 Civic EX, we def noticed it too. I feels a lot snappier at the throtle, also when you shift into 2nd it has more torque and seems to pull harder, we couldnt believe it, I was really pleased. Also a deeper tone in the exhaust and it makes a slight whistle when you get on it, not bad at all, it actually sounds really neat. It even fit fine with a AEM Long Ram intake. I will post some pics in the next day or so of the install and the spacer
Old 04-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #11
sublimewls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sublimewls
Exclamation don't wanna sound stupid but...

I am in cali and i was wondering would it affect when i am getting it smogged?

Mods: Pioneer P4300 Deck, 2 MTX Thunder 4000 Subwoofers, MTX Thunder4242 2-channel amp, tint, clear corners, peeling blacked out tails, newly painted steelies
Future: Coilovers, 16" gunmetal motegi mr7's

sublimewls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #12
firzen
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to firzen
how soon could you have these things ready to ship out?
Old 04-13-2003, 11:59 PM   #13
q2ar13
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to q2ar13
I'll definately buy one. I looked at one made for a civic six months ago but I decided to save more and get a header. I also know about ten more people that will want one too. Especially at that price. Throttle body spacers are a very rare find for 4 cylinder's, so I'm sure there's an overwhelming market for these, so keep up the work.
I had my 95 se for a mere five days and some ass hole without insurance already hit my front end. what luck. I'll have it back soon enough w/ a R33 front bumber hood graced by the beauty of carbon fiber.
q2ar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #14
UMIPerformance
AF Newbie

Hey Guys! I apprecaite the replys! I have the spacers and the kits completed, all I am waiting for is the gaskets. We had to have them special ordered. I will have them on May 5th. Actually the stock gaskets you buy at a Auto parts store work just fine. That is what we used on the 94 that we installed one on this weekend. If you are interested in one now I can just throw in 2 new stock gaskets with the kit. I am trying to get some pics posted of the install soon. I forgot my digital this weekend when we did the install and I had to use my 35mm so I still need to scan them in. I wont have any of the colored spacers until the end of the month, I just have polished aluminum ones now, that look awesome. Hopefully I can have some pics of the kit posted tomorrow. Keep checking back I am really excited for everyone to see them.

Wont hurt you smog testing at all , we havent had a problem yet.

Cars: 1974 Camaro "Hugger Orange"
(first Car!)
1994 Mustang GT Convertible
(Daily Driver)
1996 Civic EX
(UMI Show Car)
Old 04-14-2003, 11:23 PM   #15
91civicDXdude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to 91civicDXdude
buy a block of aluminum and bore it to throttle body size and save yourself a shitload of money..

http://4thgencivic0.tripod.com
91civicDXdude is offline   Reply With Quote