Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
teak360
AF Newbie

Re: Defects on your 1:12 mclaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorst13
Glad to hear they arrived safely!
Please explain or "verify" that the seller is a professional guy to deal with as people have a hard time showing trust.
Very professional and the cars are carefully packaged. Of course they could be damaged in shipping as could anything, but it wouldn't be the senders fault. They were shipped with tracking and got to me in the states in only 2 or 3 days. Once again I will say this: the cars are beautiful and a bargain in this limited quantity. I looked at having some of the standard 1/12 cars modifed to LM specs and to do it right is thousands of dollars. Of course these LM's don't have opening parts and as much interior detail, but they can't in these limited quantities.
teak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #17
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Got mine today and I will echo the sentiments left by teak - seems to be perfect on initial inspection (haven't unscrewed it from the base yet) and I'm very impressed given to the care in packaging it. The shipping box it arrived in could have held 6 of them easily, but instead was full of padding all around the smaller box the LM was in. It comes with a cool certificate too.

Thanks again Thorst!

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
jvcardesign
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by webslinger283
Once again i am really curious now....how do i post a picture on this forum. Could someone please help me?

Hi what's up?

ok if you want to send pictures here, you can open an account here:
http://www.photobucket.com/

there you will have your own photoalbum, and you can put inside your pictures. once they are inside this album gives to everysingle picture from your album, an URL adress, that is the address you have to copy and paste on the forum answer to any thread. you will find the image on your thread in this forum, wich is taken directly from your URL address from your album at Photobucket.

regards
Jose.
jvcardesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #19
jvcardesign
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Got mine today and I will echo the sentiments left by teak - seems to be perfect on initial inspection (haven't unscrewed it from the base yet) and I'm very impressed given to the care in packaging it. The shipping box it arrived in could have held 6 of them easily, but instead was full of padding all around the smaller box the LM was in. It comes with a cool certificate too.

Thanks again Thorst!

>8^)
ER

Hi everyone....well my money is on its way. Hopefully my model will be sent by this friday.
I can't wait to receive it.
We interchanged like 40 to 45 messages in less than 2 weeks, from the first contact to all the question i had. Thorst of course we all trust and we know that he will suggest us very well. Thank you thorst by the way. I know your modell will be arriving soon. as i was told by your friend.
Mine will be Number 23.
I wil lpost pictures once i get it. But i think we are all a little bit concerned about how the model will arrive. It's a very strange model, it is very expensive with no opening doors, but i'm sure it is a good investment because Proportions are perfect, paint too, details too, Wheels, everysingle detail. Me as a car designer, i'm very into details, so i took a week to look at the model everyday until decition made.
This guy told me that they have sent most of the models, and 99.9% of clients were 100% satisfied of their purchase and how item arrived. of course the item is Insured. so that's good to know. Mine will arrive to USA and then will be brought to me in less than 3 weeks.

Everybody enjoy your models, and please let's see if someday we can post a thread were we all show our models with Item Production number also.
Best regards from Colombia, South America
Old 05-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
jvcardesign
AF Regular

Quote:

Thanks again Thorst!

>8^)
ER
Thank you everybody for describing the packaging. i feel a lot better knowing that it arrives to the USA in less than 4 days.

i will keep you updated about my model trip to the Americas. Is the model internatl box safe enough? because once it arrives to Texas, big box will be removed and will carry it by hand until it gets to colombia....do you think that's safe enough for the model? or it's better for it to have any outer box?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #21
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

jv - I will take photos of all the packaging this evening. I'm sure if the person hand-carrying understands what's inside that there will be no trouble at all for you.

The wing - probably the only piece to worry about - comes detached from the car in a small bag taped inside the styrofoam mold that the car sits in inside the box. The tires rest on soft foam padding and the whole car is screwed down much like the Paul's Model Art 1/12ths so there's no chance of it shifting around inside the box. The top of the car has a layer of protective paper over to prevent the styrofoam from rubbing on the paint and windows. I was truly impressed by the care given to getting it into my hands in one piece.

>8^)
ER
Old 05-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #22
jvcardesign
AF Regular

Quote:
jv - I will take photos of all the packaging this evening. I'm sure if the person hand-carrying understands what's inside that there will be no trouble at all for you.

The wing - probably the only piece to worry about - comes detached from the car in a small bag taped inside the styrofoam mold that the car sits in inside the box. The tires rest on soft foam padding and the whole car is screwed down much like the Paul's Model Art 1/12ths so there's no chance of it shifting around inside the box. The top of the car has a layer of protective paper over to prevent the styrofoam from rubbing on the paint and windows. I was truly impressed by the care given to getting it into my hands in one piece.

>8^)
ER
Excellent, this is great to read, and also i will be waiting for Pics. I moved to Cartagena, the most turistic city in Colombia, and safiest of course, and i got my own appartment and now i'm planning on building a special stand for all my mclarens. the only one missing yet to me is the silver LM GTR. on sale on ebay but i prefered to buy the 1/12 LM. I will try to post pics of my collection someday in order to share with everybody.

So what is our next step? getting the real mclaren? hope we will be the new generation of mcalren Owners....it will be great if someday we find together with real mclaren f1. We might be the next keepers of the mclaren for Future generations. ! ( well just dreaming a little bit, but i will fight for that!!)

We keep in contact and i suggest if someone place any pic of the 1/12 LM, to open a new thread dedicated to this model. or we can continue this one but changing the name of the tittle. ( just suggestions )

Ahh and yea, my uncle already know what he will receive and bring to Colombia, so he will take good care of it.

By the way, DID ANYBODY PAY ANY TAX FOR THE MCLAREN IN YOUR COUNTRIES? i hope not. The gyu told me that a few people in the USA had to pay around 60 US dollars for taxes covering the item price. Imagine that here in colombia i had to pay 500 US dollars for shipping via DHL and taxes charges of 300 Us dollars. So as u can see it is a lot better to send it to the USA and then ask for someone to bring it here.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #23
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I paid no tax for delivery of mine. I've never paid tax on anything I've had delivered from out of the country. Please don't tell anyone in case I should have.

Here are the pics I promised. I still haven't unscrewed it from the styrofoam base - I'll probably do that tomorrow to complete it's once-over.

As you can see from the last shot, I think I cursed myself with my comment about the easily damaged wing I made earlier. When I removed it from the plastic bag I found that two of the small supports that separate the two planes of the wing had separated, and the top plane is also detached from the end plate on the right side. I will talk it over with Kim and make sure I can glue it back together using some model glue that I have without messing anything up, or maybe he has an extra wing he can send to me. I certainly wouldn't want to ship the whole thing back over this.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 05-16-2006 at 01:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
DogZy (04-06-2016)
Old 05-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #24
eclipse360
AF Newbie

Wow!!! Thanks a lot for the pic Erik! Can't wait for mine! Let's hope Kim can send you another wing.

The LM will be my first 1/12 scale model. I love the PMA McLaren F1 1/12 model but it's a little out of my budget. But when i knew this model will only cost 650$, i was really determine to get one. This model cost me one month of work (im a student and only work on week-ends) but it will definitely worth it! And guess what? I've bought a second 1/12 model. Its a Mercedes-McLaren SLR from MotorMax. I know there's not much detail but i got it for 43$ US shipped on ebay. I think its a good price for a 1/12 model. AND i just won a PMA McLaren F1 1/12 in British Green on ebay for 300 Euro (shipped). Now, i am waiting for 3 1/12scale model in the next week! F1, LM and SLR! Can't wait to display them one next to each other. I will put pics when i will receive them.

Now i am a little bit scare to put all my money on 1/12 scale model. I received a Dodge Viper 1/18 as a christmas present and ive decided to start a collection of 1/18 model. Now i have over 40 models and more than a half of them are McLarens.

Quote:
I paid no tax for delivery of mine. I've never paid tax on anything I've had delivered from out of the country. Please don't tell anyone in case I should have.

Here are the pics I promised. I still haven't unscrewed it from the styrofoam base - I'll probably do that tomorrow to complete it's once-over.

As you can see from the last shot, I think I cursed myself with my comment about the easily damaged wing I made earlier. When I removed it from the plastic bag I found that two of the small supports that separate the two planes of the wing had separated, and the top plane is also detached from the end plate on the right side. I will talk it over with Kim and make sure I can glue it back together using some model glue that I have without messing anything up, or maybe he has an extra wing he can send to me. I certainly wouldn't want to ship the whole thing back over this.

>8^)
ER
eclipse360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #25
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

[quote=Thanks again Thorst!
>8^)
ER[/QUOTE]

You are welcome Erik

It really is a wonderful model don't you think?

Just one comment from me A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

It's 99% like the way I would have builded it myself, these guys are really good to create 60 small works of art like this!

Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #26
rf1
AF Newbie

I notice my model is different from Thorst's in a couple of ways. Firstly, my model does not have the "michelin pilot sx" logos on the side tyrewalls and secondly, the exhaust tips are different. My exhaust tips are finished like the GTR's which have an oval shield around each twin tip (which is incorrect for the LM). Anyone else notice these differences ??

I actually commented on the incorrect exhuaust tips early on but was told that this could not be changed as the mold was already made. It just puzzles me that some people are receiving slightly different designs.
rf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #27
W_C
AF Newbie

Thorst's car is the prototype. Everyone else got the "production" version
W_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #28
jvcardesign
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_C
Thorst's car is the prototype. Everyone else got the "production" version

Is this confirmed? who can confirm this? PELOTON/erik?
i think your model is also different to Thorst's....
well Thorst....you got it and i bought it too. the money arrives today!! thank you very much for the contact. I will let you know when it arrives to me.

Thank you a lot everybody for the amazing pictures....great details and now i feel like if i got it already.....
thnx.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #29
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

My car has no writing on the tires that I saw. I haven't unscrewed it yet to see the exhaust, but I am sure it is like the others with the surround. While I am normally a big stickler for the details, I'm not too concerned by the variations - I'm just happy to have one. It would have been nice if I'd had an opportunity to review the model for accuracy before molds were made, however, I will take what I can get. It is actually better than I expected to be honest.

I kind of wish my certificate said 25/60 or made reference in some way to exactly how many were made, but I have no plans to sell it so I guess even that doesn't matter.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 05-16-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #30
clkf1
AF Newbie

Hi,

I interest 1/12 scale McLaren F1 LM limited 60.
Can I buy it from Hongkong?

clkf1
clkf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1