Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Volvo Driver
AF Newbie

Angry Damage to plastic on Volvo

I own a 2005 Volvo wagon that I purchased less than one year ago. It was in 100% pristine condition. This winter, with all the ice and snow, I used rain.x windshield washer fluid. There was a lot of ice that stayed on the car for days on end.

NOW, I have surface damage to the paint on the front panel that is plastic, not to the hood which is metal. Also to the two plastic lens to the lights. AND around the base of the two jets that spray washer fluid onto the headlights.

I believe the cause of this damage is Rain.X

Has anyone else heard anything about this or have any thoughts about this. I do not believe this damage happened suddenly. The car went through last winter absolutely without any problems.

I contacted RainX company and got absolutely zero reply. Should I talk to Volvo? I bet this is going to cost a bundle to replace the headlight covers alone.
Volvo Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network