Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
rracer
AF Newbie

resistor engine control module MD145962

I have a 91 dodge stealth and I.ve gotten a code 41. I cannot find the location of resistor engine control module MD145962 Can some please point me in the right direction. Thanks
rracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: resistor engine control module MD145962

Your previous posts indicate you have an ES. If that is the case you do not have the resistor pack (MD145962) That is only found on TT models.

41 is kind of a generic code and indicates an injector error. Some other reading on the subject says it could be a driver issue which points back to the ECU. Other readings indicate it could be the injector harness.

Either way it is not a simple diagnosis. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
rracer
AF Newbie

What started my adventure is the car had been in storage for a was moving so I was going to sell. Decided it needed a tune up drove to the shop and came out being told told the transmission needed to be rebuilt. Found out about the limp mode and have need trying to self repair reading the Codes. The ECU and TCM both have been gone through replaced the ignition coil, engine crankshaft position sensor. This is the last code I get and I'm still stuck in limp mode. Stealth 316 calls it what I have noted above and all the part Mitsubishi warehouses call it powertrain control resistor and the final term I have seen is injector resistor which is what you used. A number of website say my ES needs the part so I'm confused and actually have one just can't locate to install. Are you sure I don't the part and do you have some reference material I can look up on line? I appreciate your feedback and response.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

That part is definitely only on TT models. It is needed because the TT's run low impedance injectors and it will fry the injectors if ran without it.

The code may be referring you to the PTU (power transistor unit) which is basically the ignitor for the coilpacks . I honestly can't see that causing transmission limp mode though.

It just hit me that I think I know your issue. Is Code 41 being pulled from the TCU? If so your issue is 41 Open-Circuited shift control solenoid valve A, that I could see causing limp mode.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #5
rracer
AF Newbie

The code has come off the ECU I'm not getting any codes off the TCU using my 10v meter and I think it takes a 12V meter to make it happen.

I'm going to put the passenger side back together and install the battery. One drawing I saw put it on that side of the fire wall so I took it apart to see if it was down by the fuel filter. Let me see if I get any other ECU codes. Should I start the car before running and codes since the battery has been out for 24 hours? Thanks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth